Robert Pattinson — First Choice To Star In 'American Idiot' Movie!

Wed, October 12, 2011 2:07pm EDT by 14 Comments

We’d LOVE to see Rob take on the big-screen version of the hit Broadway musical! Do you think Rob is right for the part?

Thank God Vh1 brought back up Pop Up Video! Without it, we’d never know that Green Day front-man Billie Joe Armstrong thinks Robert Pattinson would be the perfect male lead in a movie version of the band’s smash Broadway musical American Idiot!

R-Patz fansite Robstenation harkens back to the original 2009 Spinner.com article, in which Billie Joe proclaimed Rob as his first choice:

“I’m gonna say maybe that kid in Twilight. … He’s a good actor. There’s still more to come with that kid.”

“More to come?” Oh, B.J., you had no idea how right you were.

Watch the Pop Up Video version of Green Day’s “21 Guns” below — graciously uploaded by R-Patz fan site Spunk-Ransom.com — then tell us if you think Rob would, indeed, be the perfect choice for the movie.

Loading video...

Terry Phelan

Posted at 1:23 AM on January 17, 2013

If he could sing I think Aaron Paul would be an awesome choice for the role

bluebird

Posted at 4:21 AM on October 24, 2011

but he really looks like an IDIOT! right?

._.

Posted at 1:19 PM on October 14, 2011

WTF?! The film with that asshole is ruined! FUCK! -.-

St.Jimmy

Posted at 10:17 AM on February 23, 2012

SOOOOOO TRUE!!

Naomi

Posted at 11:30 PM on October 13, 2011

Billie Joe’s comments were taken COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT!!! I read the original article back then. He said that Robert would be his first choice to play CHRISTIAN if they ever made a 21st CENTURY BREAKDOWN MOVIE. NOT American Idiot. And he also said in that same interview that he’d want Ellen Page to play Gloria. That said, I wouldn’t mind Robert playing the Jesus of Suburbia in the American Idiot movie. He’s good at playing tortoured souls, which Johnny turns into throughout the story of the musical. And he’s quite good looking, too. But his singing….he can sing, but he can’t articulate worth a damn. There’s no damn WAY Rob would be able to pull off singing Green Day songs at all, let alone for a musical movie adaptation.

Reggie

Posted at 4:49 PM on October 13, 2011

This would be the worst thing to happen to Green Day, if this happens I may have to kill someone.

St.Jimmy

Posted at 10:19 AM on February 23, 2012

WTF ROBERT PATTINSON THE GAY FROM TWILIGHT NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hermione

Posted at 7:34 AM on October 13, 2011

What a load of rubbish. Billie never said he wanted RP in this movie. That quote was from before the musical even existed, it was a throwaway reply after being asked who he’d like to play Christian (a character in the 21st Century Breakdown album)if 21st Century Breakdown was made into a movie.

Wabba se Wasca

Posted at 5:12 PM on October 12, 2011

Just… Please don’t do it Rob, I mean, I already don’t like you too much, but… If you do this, you’ll ruin my favorite band. I mean, yeah. Badass in HP. But…. Twilight? Whatever. Just, don’t do A.I. I’ve loved these guys sense I was six, don’t ruin a poor helpless teenagers outlook on life! XD

A

Posted at 3:24 PM on October 12, 2011

American Idiot is amazing. I don’t like Twilight much but I suppose Robert Pattinson’s a good enough actor.

belle

Posted at 1:49 PM on October 12, 2011

OMG… the guy is so fuckin’ gorg…. dying here….

c

Posted at 12:49 PM on October 12, 2011

that greenday album is awful – i would turn down something like that if i were him

Amiee

Posted at 4:51 PM on October 12, 2011

Lemme guess you’ve only heard American idiot wake me up when September ends and boulevard of broken dreams?

Reggie

Posted at 4:51 PM on October 13, 2011

I’m taking it that your favourite artists are Justin Bieber and One Direction? Oh dear.