'The Rachel Zoe Project' Recap: Jeremiah Gets Fired & A Swimsuit Shoot For 'Elle'!

Wed, October 12, 2011 8:44am EDT by 23 Comments

Rachel & her team have to get a photo shoot together for ‘Elle’ in, you guessed it, 24 hours — and Rach is still due any day now!

Jeremiah was so eager to finally work with Rachel Zoe and get a chance to style on last night’s episode — although unfortunately it didn’t end so well for the adorable employee. He might have been hired for his looks, and while he managed to decorate Rachel’s new home in record time, none of that was enough — but that’s not all that happened! There was also an “incredible” and “amazing” photo shoot that the team had to handle.

The very pregnant Rachel, (who hasn’t bought maternity clothes throughout her pregnancy), had a swimsuit shoot for Elle magazine, and in an attempt to clue in Jeremiah and Joey she has them listen in on a phone call regarding the concept, which consists of “lots of jewels” and “incredible shoes.” All I’ve learned from the call is that there will be lots of amazingness and incredibleness. After the call, Joey and Jeremiah take turns expressing their excitement, and Joey is almost as excited as he was to work with Kim Kardashian — almost.

Rodger visits a friend and expresses his concerns about Rachel’s hectic schedule. The common factor between Rodg and Rach is clear — it isn’t the fact that they both love to accessorize, it’s the fact that they’re both overly dramatic.

Joey is still being an uber biatch to Jeremiah, and the whole situation seems so Junior High School. I’m over it, and I’m over talking about it — although I commend Jeremiah for breaking the tension with a floral headpiece. Unfortunately, the day of the shoot the new assistant doesn’t seem to have the same luck!

While Jeremiah has a panic attack at the shoot, Joey continues to kiss up to Rachel — apparently if you can make your friend laugh you’re worthy of a styling job! Jeremiah is visibly annoyed, and proposes the idea of launching a home division — not the best bet when the overly dramatic Rachel is so pregnant.

In the end, Rodg is the one to let Jeremiah go. Until the baby comes, all we’re left with is whiny, caddy Joey. Even if Jeremiah wasn’t a great stylist, he was visually appealing and way sweeter than Rachel’s BFF, so I’m super sad to see him go. Do you agree?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

For more style stories:

Katrina’s Trend To Try! Look Equestrian Chic & SHOP!
Find Out What The Gossip Girl’s Were Wearing From Head-To-Toe!
Pippa Middleton Mixes Prints: Get The Look!

Maria Faustina Brennan

Posted at 7:21 PM on December 14, 2011

i think rachel zoe is a beautiful and amazing paerson and fashion designer but i don’t think it’s healthy for her thatshe’s not eating property. i mean are you anorexic ewww!!

randy

Posted at 9:13 PM on October 25, 2011

Sadly she fired the better worker. Joey is a jerk.
Jeremiah came back even though he had been fired to do her nursery. I am sure if Joey had been let go he would not have come back to help. All Joey does is tell her what he thinks she wants to hear. And then they have giggle fests. I hope in time she sees that he was not the employee to keep. Until then I don’t think this is a show I care to watch.

sue

Posted at 4:13 PM on October 25, 2011

After Jeremiah was fired, I was reminded why I watch this show – it’s the styling and the clothes only. The people – Rachel, Rodger, Joey, ETC. are the biggest group of selfish, narcissistic people I have ever seen. They are phoney, rude and their foul language is a turn-off. Rachel, I am tired of your complaining!! There are tens of thousands of pregnant women who work just as hard as you facing deadlines and lots of stress. RACHEL, YOU ACT LIKE WHAT YOU DO IS LIFE AND DEATH – YOU’RE A STYLIST FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE – big deal!!!!!Jeremiah, you’re better off without them.

Judy

Posted at 10:18 AM on October 20, 2011

bring Jeremiah back to the show

mchindy

Posted at 8:03 PM on October 19, 2011

I loved the addition of Jeremiah to the Rachel Zoe team. Sad that Rodger let him go, even more disappointed that Rachel allowed Jeremiah to be fired. The team knew Jeremiah’s skills when they hired him. He was fun to watch and not sure whether I will continue to follow the Rachel Zoe Project without him.

Nordeana

Posted at 4:33 PM on October 19, 2011

I just read the comments recommending that Jeff Lweis hire Jeremiah. JEREMIAH, DON’T WORK FOR JEFF LEWIS!!! Jeff Lewis is a psychopath and a narcissist and is a billion times WORSE than Rachel Zoe.

Nordeana

Posted at 4:29 PM on October 19, 2011

I don’t like Rachel Zoe any more because she fired Jeremiah. Why did she hire him in the first place? She took advantage of his skills as a decorator!!! She would have had to pay WAY WAY MORE for a professional decorator to style her house. Rachel Zoe is a creep!!!!!

kyboots

Posted at 3:37 PM on October 16, 2011

Rachel Zoe is over. No Jeremiah no show!!!

Crystal

Posted at 11:50 AM on October 15, 2011

Rachel should not have fired Jeremiah. They knew he wasn’t a stylist, but he’s a hard worker so how hard is it for him to learn considering he’s motivated and wants to be a part of her team. It appears they just hired him to decorate her house because a designer would have charged them out well well above what he’s getting paid, to decorate their entire home in 2 weeks. The problem is they knew ahead of time he didn’t have experience and Joey doesn’t want to lose his shine so how could he train him. Rachel dropped the ball on this one!

Sandy

Posted at 3:46 PM on October 14, 2011

Jeremiah shouldn’t be fired. Can’t stand Joey. Don’t know if I can watch him on the show anymore.

Loved her braid.

marepo

Posted at 1:20 PM on October 14, 2011

So sad, loved Jeremiah, such a talented and hard worker, can not stand to watch Joey and Rachel together anymore, will be dropping this from my rotation, but good luck Jeremiah, wish you the best!

Teej80

Posted at 8:01 PM on October 13, 2011

They were right to fire him. Infact they shouldn’t have hired him in the first place. He simply didn’t have the qualifications.. And in the end it showed.

Camilla Guest

Posted at 9:38 PM on October 13, 2011

They used him as cheap labor to move their furniture and decorate their new house. In short, it was cheaper to hire him (worked in interior design)than have a professional interior designer do the move/design for them. Roger and Racher use people like toilet paper. Who would even want to work for these 2 that treat employees like household staff?

I can’t stand Rachel’s gay husband, Rodger, with his effeminate ways and now I can’t even bear to watch Rachel with her phoniness. Enough of this stupid and vapid show.
Actually, I don’t watch this if I can help it…..only when there is nothing on and it happened to be the day that poor Jeremiah was fired.

sadie smith

Posted at 11:56 PM on October 12, 2011

This show is turning me off each time I watch it and this episode is definitely my last. Rachel and Roger treat their employees like disposable napkins, the turnover of staff is awful. Roger competes with Rachel in the drama department and with his gay-like mannerisms, I find it hard to even watch him. As for Joey, I can’t stand him and his unctuous kissing up to Rachel.

Jeremiah deserves better and I am sure he will find another employer who will appreciate him for the good employee that he is. Calling Jeff Lewis!

As for the Rachel and Roger, you guys both suck!

defender

Posted at 11:15 PM on October 12, 2011

“lots of amazingness and incredibleness…” words that describe Jeremiah. If JB has in fact been fired, Jeff Lewis should be all over him.

Tracy

Posted at 7:47 PM on October 12, 2011

Jeremiah was so hard working- when will they learn people are not disposable – i was a fan not anymore- i hope brad steals more of her clients!!!!

Anne Schiavone

Posted at 1:40 PM on October 12, 2011

Not only do I agree, but I am furious if they actually did fire Jeremiah. I don’t think they did though, because I can’t believe that they would be that stupid. Nobody is watching this show for Joey or Rodger for that matter. It is the styling and lately for Jeremiah. Wonderful addition. Jeff Lewis – Hire this kid. He is dedicated, hardworking and has tremendous talent.

Linda Yarbrough

Posted at 7:21 PM on October 12, 2011

What a great idea. Duh. Hadn’t even thought of that. Last week I had sent my first Tweet to Rachel Zoe recommending she begin Home Design with J. Am considering dropping the show myself if this is for real. But aside from the dramatics at Jeff’s office (Love the show), Jeremiah would actually be someone who could hit the ground running at Jeff Lewis Design and really help his business.

I sure hope Jeff is looking into opportunity knocking .. for both of them.

Jody

Posted at 11:22 AM on October 12, 2011

Rachel Zoe is good at many things. Handling people with dignity and respect is not one of them. He deserved far more than either of those narcissists gave him.
Karma Rachel and Rodger, Karma!

Barb

Posted at 11:04 AM on October 12, 2011

Very upset that Rodger fired Jeremiah. He did a great job but, when they brought Joey back from New York, they pushed him out. As soon as Joey showed up, they started to ignore Jeremiah. He gave his all and then some to decorate their home, showing them how dedicated he was. Rodger and Rachel thanked everyone for the move, Joey did nothing. Then they started using Joey on shoots, Jeremiah should have been on the Kim K. shoot. I thought Joey was only going to stay for 3 months, it appears that he is staying on.

I thought Rodger and Rachel were a class act. Not thinking that any more. Will never watch the show again.

Candace

Posted at 7:05 PM on October 12, 2011

I agree. Jeremiah has demonstrated more maturity and humility while Joey, Rodger and Rachel have been self -indulgent twits. Disappointing to realize that Rachel didn’t have more substance to her character. Joey and Rodger are tiresome to watch. Like you Barb, I will no longer be watching any of them

Christine

Posted at 9:26 AM on October 12, 2011

It sucks that Jerimiah got fired. I am over team Zoe! Can’t stand to see the icky Joey anymore. Shame on Rodger!! Jerimiah had a clean, modern styling sense which was badly needed.

Vicki

Posted at 10:35 AM on October 12, 2011

I totally agree with you Christene! I think Rachel is very talented but this was so not fair.