Demi Lovato's Ultimate Revenge On Joe Jonas — Her Album Outsells His!

Tue, October 11, 2011 5:00pm EST by 98 Comments

Gabi cavalcanti

Posted at 5:40 PM on October 13, 2011

Afinal a Demi é bem mais talentosa que ele esse panaca quero ver se a Demi perder para esse panaca que vai ser meu dificil porque a Demi tem os melhores fãs do mundo,os lovatcs , nos somos d+!!!A Demi vai ganhar aaa a Demi vai ganhar!!

Gabi cavalcanti

Posted at 5:37 PM on October 13, 2011

A Demi é muito melhor do que esse idiota do Joe Jonas, nao sei como o pessoal gosta dele.!!!!

Lily

Posted at 7:58 AM on October 13, 2011

First of All, Joe have soles so many album’s with his brother’s, and I Think just this proves that people don’t care with him, they like Them together. Demi always has her own album’s, and they sell god.

Second, I Think Joe is really rude. It was not enough to hurt his ex-bes friend/girlfriend, he should also hurt his brother. Nick has always been so into Deni, and then Joe just took her,and now Nemi can’t even be friends anymoew. But I Think (It’s not so hard to see) that Nick and Demi are right for his other, so they Will end up together.

Posted at 3:57 PM on October 13, 2011

and may be you should grow up and see reality its not a princess story or disney HELLO

Lily

Posted at 7:06 AM on October 14, 2011

I know It’s not a princess story, but seriously you should se those two together. They are just so…

Posted at 11:57 AM on October 14, 2011

I know …trust me I totally understand what you are saying but some times what is best is not what we want kind of sad but if we dont stop and dont start believing … they may become so late my dearest

samy

Posted at 3:54 AM on October 13, 2011

demi is popular because of jones and we all know that

Posted at 7:06 AM on October 13, 2011

demi’s popular because of demi.

Posted at 3:59 PM on October 13, 2011

no jonas brothers no camp rock no demi no unbroken no fast life … so sit down

Christina

Posted at 8:58 PM on October 13, 2011

Says who?

If Jonas Brothers dident sign on whos to say Disney wouldent have found fresh talent like Demi’s to carry the movie? They did it with High School Musical.

As it stands Jonas Brothers dident make or break Demi’s carrer. Did they help it along sure. Just like Miley Cyrus helped Jonas Brothers along when they first started.

Im sick of people saying Demi would be nobody without the Jonas Brothers. She might have taken a differnt path but I think she still would have ended up exactly were she is now.

Posted at 1:48 AM on October 14, 2011

oh please..the jonas brother SUCK at acting, i dont get why they even try, ive watched their show before and it was plain stupid and not even funny.

Posted at 1:30 AM on October 15, 2011

accept it or deny it Jonas Brothers matter in demi lovato s life and what ? their show was not funny? I only watched disney because of their show and that was only show that tryley make me laugh obviously we have different taste and its ok I can respect but you dont seems to can respect to others so every other people should die ? and just who you love should live WOW what a fan what a person again sorry for demi who say love is loader and her fans are like demi is loader !!! I love demi but fans like you make me hate her …
I didnt say demi will be nobody without jonas but she would be some one different from who she is now and who you love and you are a fan of … GET IT ? so just respect and thank jonas brothers for being

Christina

Posted at 3:07 PM on October 15, 2011

Jonas Brothers dont suck but they also dident make or break anybodys carrer. Did they help Demi along sure they did. Not dening that. Just like Jonas Brothers got help from one of Disneys biggest stars when they were starting out Miley Cyrus. Were would they be without going on tour with her? I believe they would still be succesful and get were they are today just by taking a different rout.

If they dident sign on for Camp Rock then somebody else would have. The script was written, Camp Rock happening was not condisional to the Jonas Group signing on to the project. Disney would have just found somebody else for the part. Just like they looked at fresh talent Demi for the part because Selena said no to being Michie. The movie might have been more or less succesful who knows. You cant go by what if’s it happened the way it happened.

And face it Demi’s second CD was way better then her first that she worked on mostly with Jonas Brothers in every way. And her cd out now has gotten her best reviews from the critics yet. And also has her music peers buzzing. And dont say its because of her personal problems. Its not Unbroken is her best CD yet and if she continues to make good music then she will continue to rise without the Jonas Brothers backing her.

Posted at 7:53 AM on October 16, 2011

problem is who choose better in this situation I love her first Album more I cant relate to unbroken much I love her in past more better understand her more than now … its just people s taste and its different you know what I mean ? you like unbroken I love dont forget … and I still think her new album sold out because of her issues because people who are going trough the same problems want to connect with her so they buy her album and obviously a lot of american girl have the same problem in their life but I m not an american girl and I have not the same problem so I dont like her album and feelings cause they dont say my feelings …get it ? so when you say its the best album it doesnt have any meaning for me ! for you YES its the best for me … NO!

ilse

Posted at 8:48 AM on October 12, 2011

haha admit it, his album just sucks

Posted at 1:41 PM on October 12, 2011

yes admit you suck :P

Posted at 10:57 PM on October 12, 2011

why don’t u?..the jonas guys r over, theyre getting old anyways, nick wouldve been better off by himself, instead they had to shove in joe and kevin in front of the cameras.

Posted at 3:58 PM on October 13, 2011

what is over ? brothers ? ha!

Posted at 1:50 AM on October 14, 2011

that was just a real childish “comeback”..something a 5 yr old would say.

Posted at 1:31 AM on October 15, 2011

What you are saying have no meaning Hahahahaha

Tracy

Posted at 12:02 AM on October 15, 2011

Haha. Word

Courtney

Posted at 12:14 AM on October 12, 2011

k first of all, Joe had barely any promotion from Hollywood Records… they put all his songs on youtube before the album came out and a lot of people probably downloaded it.Demi tweeted about her album so much to tell people go buy it. I’d say both albums are good but Joe didn’t get the credit he deserved because he wrote all the songs on his record and people can’t get over that he broke up with Taylor in ’08. Plus he broke up with Demi because he probably didn’t love her that way, would you rather he go out with her and didn’t love her?

It’s really Demi’s fanbase that makes me not like her, Demi stands against bullying and MOST i’m not saying all but most of her fans bash on people all day.

christina

Posted at 12:32 PM on October 12, 2011

Are you serious? Joe dident get promotion? The boy was on TOUR for like atleast a month before his album droped. He was every flippen were. He had two cout them TWO singles that floped on ITunes hard.

Demi is the one that was barely promoted album wise. All the press she did was on the one single SkyScraper thats still charting I might add. And talking about her personal ishues. She tweeted about her album her fans tweeted about her album but hey somebody had to right? There was no press about her album till the week before it was released.

Now personaly I liked and yes bought both Unbroken and Fastlife. I like Unbroken better but Joe had a good solid effort. I thought his album would do better then Demi’s just because he was out there more promoting on tour and stuff guess I was wrong.

Posted at 1:47 PM on October 12, 2011

for her rehab thing that was a good promotion I love demi but her stories about her life was kind of a promotion HUGE ONE she made every one cry for her feel sorry for her … her problem wasnt that much big deal I mean it is but not that much all you guys are trying to fight for her . in my country people are dying and children and … hope have no meaning and thats a big deal she is a weak person some day she will see that using her stories for selling her album album was not a good idea today she is a winner but tomorrow I m afraid so much for her cause she will be a 100% loser . you may dont understand what am I saying today …tomorrow you will see .

Christina

Posted at 2:58 PM on October 12, 2011

Alls I was saying was Joe got WAY more promotion and backing then Demi for the actual albums. Joe got a flippen tour so you cant say that Fast Life wasent being promoted because Joe was every flippen were

They took an easy on Demi, she did a couple of performaces singing Sky Scraper. She talked about her ishues. But her album got little promotion. Nobody heard anything off her album till Demi herself leaked a few songs a week before the release and then the whole album got leaked two days before the offical date. And ya know what Demi still managed to be number 1 on Itunes for several days. Both pop and over all charts. And like ten of her songs wich wasent even released ended up on Itunes Top 200 charts.

She did it with little to no buzz on her actual album. Wich was a mistake cause the album is epic and a departure from her other pop rock albums. If you werent linked to twitter you wouldent know how much her sound has evolved or vocals have improved. Shes realy come into her voice

Does Demi have staying power? I think so. But only till will tell for sure. But if Hollywood Records dont hurry up and promote this girl then yea sales are going to suck. Face it Who’s That Boy wich is her next single should have already been on radio rotation. And a vid made. Hollywood Records are dragging there feet big time and droping the ball.

Posted at 11:03 PM on October 12, 2011

Hollywood Records suck at promoting,it’s THE FANS AND HER TALENT that got Demi’s album more sales. If Joe put up a decent single maybe people would’ve given him a chance and bought his album. Skyscraper gained Demi a lot more fans and her inspirational story made her fans more dedicated. I personally don’t think promotions does anything since I get pissed when a random ad comes on youtube or the tv so it’s DEMI’S TALENT, FAN SUPPORT, STORY and MUSIC. NOT THE SUCKISH PROMOTION.

Posted at 4:03 PM on October 13, 2011

You have no idea what I mean so I just leave it here :)

Christina

Posted at 7:32 AM on October 13, 2011

Totally agreeing with you. I love Demi, her music, her looks everything! But I don’t understand why people have so much against Joe. Seriously, he was like 18 or something when he broke up with Taylor, and it was an immature action, but he is 18. It would’ve been worse if he was 30 or something. leave Joe alone, he deserve that this album reaches the top. He wrote all of his songs by himself except 1. Demi only wrote 2.

idk, love them both!

Christina

Posted at 11:25 AM on October 13, 2011

I agree about the Joe hate, Taylor and some of her fans alike need to get over it. He was a kid, and Taylor wasent blameless since she hung up on him resulting in the 27 seconds. Guess she dident make the same mistake twice when Jake dumped her over the phone as well. And he was older. DIdent see Taylor or her fans making such a big deal about that.

I have nothing against Joe, and I love Love LOVE Demi. There over whatever went down between them. Im sure nether was blameless. So I dont get why some fans are still mad.

As far as how many songs Demi wrote on her album she wrote 5 not 2 lol. And I dont care. Heck even Kelly Clarkson admits she only writes about half the songs on her albums as well. Dosent make her any less talented. And it dosent make Demi any less talented ether. Expecually since we all know the girl can write if she chooses to.

I think Joe made a few mistakes with this album I mean 3/4 are ether about sex, drinking, or partying. Sorry and LightHouse were the only songs that I actually heard his heart. But thats just me. Its a good upbeat album.

Holly

Posted at 10:38 PM on October 11, 2011

Okay…so I am a Demi AND Joe Fan and I think both albums are amazing.

I’m not going to lie, I like Demi’s more, but it’s just because I can relate to the lyrics more than Joe’s. It’s an unfortunate fact.

Now, I don’t see WHY Demi and Joe were pitted against each other. There is no “Ultimate Revenge” here. Demi and Joe are both supporting each other, and as their fans, I suggest we also support them both.

Christina

Posted at 12:45 PM on October 12, 2011

Now THIS is true on all counts. Great post.

Posted at 1:49 PM on October 12, 2011

agree with all the words but 1 thing . unfortunately I can relate to FAST LIFE more than UNBROKEN !!!!!!!! and I m a girl WOW what a difference between us !

Posted at 11:07 PM on October 12, 2011

u never bought unbroken have u?…

Christina

Posted at 11:31 AM on October 13, 2011

Ether that or her life is all about sex, drinking, and partying :( seriously love Joe but thats like what every song on his album was about minus a few select songs.

Im not saying anything is wrong with that. And if a dude said he related to FastLife more then I would be like ok. But for a girl Unbroken is more relatable. Thats just me though lol. Not trying to label anybody.

Posted at 4:09 PM on October 13, 2011

I heard ALL OF UNBROKEN songs so be quit and see my taste is different with you …
I live in different country I m not a american girl and not all the girls feel like american girl you all have really little worries in your life … I m sorry for all of you you dont really know what life is … so disappointed
FASTLIFE for me is a way to be strong be happy I had enough sadness when I want to listen to music I want some thing to make me happy … yes demi is good but when some one like ADELE and EVANESCENCE is there unbroken is just a fail and FASTLIFE is the thing I say genius

Anonymous

Posted at 7:59 PM on October 11, 2011

Demi should just sleep with one of his brothers.

Lily

Posted at 5:58 AM on October 12, 2011

Yearh, I Think It’s sad for Nick. Hé has always been so into Demi, and now hé can’t even be friends with her any more.

Lisette

Posted at 7:29 PM on October 11, 2011

Joe isn’t a teen singer. Fast Life is his first solo album (FL has a parental advisory)
if you want to compare teens singers,l… selena vs demetria.

music expert

Posted at 9:19 PM on October 11, 2011

First solo album?? the guy sold plenty of albums before with his brothers!!! Demi debuted #2 on her first solo album ( just saying)

Courtney

Posted at 12:20 AM on October 12, 2011

Do you not know the meaning of SOLO? your irrelevant.

princess

Posted at 8:22 AM on October 12, 2011

a solo album is a album with only one main singer, all the other albums are the jonas brothers albums (band)

Posted at 1:52 PM on October 12, 2011

yeah SOLO has a huge difference with a band so FIRST JOE JONAS S ALBUM THIRD DEMI LOVATO ALBUM
this article is wrong from the base part

dumas1000

Posted at 6:31 PM on October 11, 2011

At the end of the day, pop music is a genre for women. It just is. Look at all of the top pop artists. They are almost all young attractive women. Since the very beginning, it has been this way. Yes, there is a few exceptions, like Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber, but becoming a successful male solo pop star is incredibly difficult. Virtually all of the men who originated from American Idol have failed to produce a successful mainstream career. David Cook and Daughtry had the most success because they slanted their music a little more towards adult contemporary alternative rock. Joe Jonas is at an extreme disavantage to begin with just being in this arena in the first place. Lada Gaga, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, Jennifer Lopez, etc. How many successful solo male pop stars can you name? Do you think that is a coincidence? Beyond that, only a moron would believe that Joe Jonas has anywhere near as much talent as Demi does. It is difficult to compare men to women and the successes of male singers to females singers anyway. I will definitely grant that much. This is why award shows will always place men and women into different categories.

Posted at 1:54 PM on October 12, 2011

WOW YOU are 100% right … they dont have to start comparing them in first place
high5

Posted at 11:10 PM on October 12, 2011

just because u know that joe can NEVER compare to demi, she has more fans, theyre more dedicated, she has more talent, WAY better voice and she’s a real actress.

Posted at 4:11 PM on October 13, 2011

You dont have any logic do you ? and what ? you are a fan of demi and talking and acting like that ? what shame … I m sorry for demi for having fans like this … disappointing

Posted at 1:57 AM on October 14, 2011

i’m for joe since he barely has any left.

Posted at 1:33 AM on October 15, 2011

yeah there are barley fans left for joe but they are true fans FAKE fans gone now … poor demi alot of fake fans left for her

me

Posted at 6:17 PM on October 11, 2011

it’s because he’s suck.

Posted at 1:55 PM on October 12, 2011

yes you suck agree :P

Posted at 11:11 PM on October 12, 2011

I DRINK TO THAT :)..now that’s a real FACT

Andrea

Posted at 5:36 PM on October 11, 2011

If you compare, you should do it with her first album, no with her third album, duh! Don’t be ridiculous. He is starting his solo career with Fast Life, and she did the same with Don’t Forget. Compare those album and we can talk :/

music expert

Posted at 9:21 PM on October 11, 2011

Welll just for you know, Fast life isint his first album technically, he sold plenty of albums before his albums! dosent that make him even more popular! When Demi debuted her fist album no one knew who she was, yet it debuted at #2 :D

Courtney

Posted at 12:18 AM on October 12, 2011

k ” Music Expert ” say your favorite band broke into 3, and one decided to release an album, not ALL fans will buy it. Plus people think Joe is a bad guy for breaking up with they’re idol, which is childish.

Me4ever

Posted at 10:56 PM on October 11, 2011

well u obviously dnt kno ur demi lovato facts bc even demi’s first album “Don’t Forget did better than joe’s album is doing, so that argument is irrelevant.

Courtney

Posted at 3:46 AM on October 12, 2011

It’s the SECOND day. Give it time.

Posted at 1:57 PM on October 12, 2011

dont forget had a huge helping from Jonas Brothers Remember ?

Sabrina

Posted at 5:35 PM on October 11, 2011

Are you f*cking DUMB? Of course I’m going to buy his album, I already bought. Why would you compare them? Do you have nothing else to do with your life than to start unnecessary drama?

gabrielle

Posted at 5:29 PM on October 11, 2011

and btw, fast life just went #1 on the itunes pop charts here in the U.S. your agruement is invalid.

Gabrielle

Posted at 5:28 PM on October 11, 2011

Last time I checked, Joe’s album is #6 right now on itunes overall charts and #2 on the pop itunes chart & number 1 in mexico on itunes. No offense to Lovatics and Demi but Unbroken probably did better because Demi hasn’t released new music in like 2 years and Joe’s album just came out and it’s his first solo album. This whole article is stupid and just ways for Jonas fans & Lovatics to fight more. Joe & Demi are friends and support eachother, why can’t anyone support Joe? ugh it’s so annoying.

Paris

Posted at 5:27 PM on October 11, 2011

Stop comparing them please they are both singers yea they went out yea joe’s song sorry could be about demi but who give a s**t ? joe and demi are bothing sing for the fans get over it this is why i only read books or less it a intview in a maggazzine Oh god i had Papz ! Leave them a lone please !!

Yejide

Posted at 5:16 PM on October 11, 2011

and why are you guys comparing anyway? Demi and Joe are being mature and supporting eachother :) just leave them the hell alone.

Yejide

Posted at 5:13 PM on October 11, 2011

are you mentally ill? this is demi’s thrid solo album and this is joe’s first. it released today.. like chill. joe didn’t really have any extra ordinary thing to promote his album, demi went to rehab. ofcourse that bumps up her sales. i hope you realize that demi is basically famous due to the jonas brother’s fame? js.

Brianna

Posted at 4:36 PM on October 11, 2011

Correction….he is #6 on iTunes as of right now. Look at that he broke #9. Get your facts straight!!

James

Posted at 5:19 PM on October 11, 2011

But he’s taking a slower time to make number one. That is if he ever makes it. So in sales, he’s slower than demi’s. As stupid as this article is, it’s right about one thing. His sales compared to demi’s are not as strong. Demi stayed number one for three days and was on the top five for the entire weekend. Joe Jonas didn’t even hit the number one spot yet.

Blair

Posted at 3:53 PM on October 11, 2011

How can you even compare when Joe’s album just released today…. WTF the people who write these articles are dumb. And what is this crap about revenge? Exactly wtf did Joe do to her… break up with her because he didn’t love her? OMG he’s so horrible.

Erika

Posted at 3:44 PM on October 11, 2011

absurd comparison!
this is the first album of Joe. His solo career is just beginning. The jonas fans are almost gone and will take time to win adult fans. The true Joe fans aren’t teens. FAST LIFE is a more mature album, new music, new style. Lovato’s album is for teens. Bieber fans her album (Selena fans too)

Joe don’t use anything for promote FAST LIFE, just his music.
Lovato use a lot the subject of her rehabilitation and her health problems were a plus for her career. People love people who play the role of victim

Joe’s music is much better!!!!

James

Posted at 5:21 PM on October 11, 2011

You’re An idiot you know that? JOe had tons of radio promo and two extra singles to promote his album. Demi barely had anything.

Lisette

Posted at 7:16 PM on October 11, 2011

Joe isn’t even on US to promote his album. He is on Europe now. You knew that HWR paid money to radios for playing demi song? Fast Life was released on youtube before than itunes, but it’s still a good debut of a new artist with new music

Abi

Posted at 10:36 PM on October 11, 2011

Excuse me, I’m not usually one read an ignorant comment and then reply to it, but I can’t help myself. Demi had VERY little promotion. She didn’t PROMOTE the subject of her rehabilitation, she informed the people who wanted to know. People cared enough to know what was happening. How DARE you say “People love people who play the role of victim” when you don’t know the first thing about being in that situation.

So here’s the deal, battle an eating disorder and bi-polar disorder, then you can come talk about how “People love people who play the role of victim”

Grow up little girl. You’re just a Joe Hoe.

Posted at 11:15 PM on October 12, 2011

ryt..so, skyscraper went gold and has more views than see no more and just in love combined. GOOD MUSIC WINS HONEY, APPARENTLY JONAS FANS HAVE A HARD TIME ACCEPTING THAT IT’S DEMI’S TIME TO SHINE AND THE ‘PURE’ JONASES ARE OVER.

Posted at 2:58 PM on October 11, 2011

this is first album of Joe and THIRD demi s album HOW COULD YOU COMPARE?

Posted at 11:16 PM on October 12, 2011

DEMI’S 1ST ALBUM SOLD OVER 100,000 COPIES, IT WENT GOLD AND DEBUTED AT NUMBER 1.

Posted at 4:13 PM on October 13, 2011

with jonas brothers huge help remember ? who wrote dont forget for her ha ? thats a joke WOW

Posted at 1:58 AM on October 14, 2011

she did. and she doesnt need them now.

Posted at 1:35 AM on October 15, 2011

See ? she did. so sit down and think deeper and see joe and demi FIRST album is kind of in the same place
if you say you cant see I m sorry for you I have to say you are blind

lindsay

Posted at 2:46 PM on October 11, 2011

i love them both. i have both albums. they are both doing what they love. there happy im happy. skyscraper will win awards though. i would hope “im sorry” does too. nevertheless, its not a competition for me but i do like more songs on unbroken.

dumas1000

Posted at 1:17 PM on October 11, 2011

Demi is doing well within her demographic. Her sales aren’t exactly earth shattering. Because of her recovery, however, she is really limited in terms of how much she can devote to promoting her album. Otherwise, she probably would have a second single out by now. She’s clobbering Joe Jonas though. No argument there. Demi is talented enough to sell at least a handful of albums to actual adults. Joe has no shot of ever selling an album to anything other then his core audience, which is comprised almost entirely of tweeners. Mainstream wise, Demi is at least respectable. To a mainstream audience, Joe Jonas is a joke.

DemiIsAndWillAlwaysBe

Posted at 12:24 PM on October 11, 2011

HAHAHAHAHAHA Yeah, You go Glen CoCo.. LMAO! But Joe’s was just release. We still have to wait. Although, she has out done him on the singles. His two flopped and even though she’s only yet released Skyscraper, it is still charting. Unlike Joe’s two combined singles. There not even on itunes any more. Ha! ;)

princess