Hugh Jackman: Robert Pattinson Has A 'Very Beautiful Voice!'

Tue, October 11, 2011 9:43am EDT by 7 Comments

Hugh recalls running into Rob while on an airplane headed to Japan and inviting him to sing karaoke!

Don’t you wish you’d been a fly on the wall during Robert Pattinson and Hugh Jackman‘s night out on the town? Well now you can! Hugh sat down with MTV and revealed that although he didn’t speak to Rob on the plane because the Twilight star had his signature hoodie pulled way down over his head, they did get to hang out at a Japanese karaoke bar!

“Every time I’d go to the bathroom I’d be like ‘wow this guy has taken some serious sleeping pills,’” Hugh jokes. “And then when he got off I was like ‘hey buddy’ and he was like ‘hey’ and Baz Lurhman was also on the flight promoting Australia and so Baz loves karaoke and we went out to this Japanese karaoke bar and we invited Rob and he came and it was so much fun — man he’s got a voice really soulful very pure, very beautiful voice.”

It turns out that when you do sing at an authentic Japanese karaoke bar they bring you costumes to dress up in! Hugh says he dressed up like a school girl but Rob didn’t wear one!

“He’s cool … he didn’t have the hoodie on he just sat back,” Hugh says. “It feels a little weird and then they bring in these boxes and they bring in boxes of dress ups and we’re like okay and it’s all like girls clothes, uniforms, nurses and I was a school girl. Baz got dressed up and Rob did not, he was too cool for school he just sat back and was like ‘wow these guys are really freaky’ and then we gave the mic to him and he sang really well, he was singing and I remember thinking what a great voice he had!”

— Chloe Melas

Get More On RPatz and KStew!

1. How You Can See Robert Pattinson Perform ‘Bella’s Lullaby’ In Theaters!
  2. Kristen Stewart Calls Robert Pattinson ‘My Boyfriend’ For The First Time!
  3. Rob Pattinson’s ‘Got An Edge To Him’ In ‘Cosmopolis,’ Says Co-Star Kevin Durand!

Hayden

Posted at 9:11 PM on October 11, 2011

Where are 255 comments now?
People like to comment on shit instead of a very good article like this, pretty sad, I feel really sorry for you people.

carolyn

Posted at 8:46 AM on October 12, 2011

lol…I was thinking the same thing…Haters are like flies…They only like shit…

Christina Hansen

Posted at 8:10 PM on October 11, 2011

I want Hugh Jackman sing to me. Love love him. :)

Michele

Posted at 6:44 PM on October 11, 2011

What a great story, HL!

I love Hugh Jackman, and imagine – him & Rob together! All I need is Viggo in there (Don’t care if he sings or not . . .) and I would be pretty much in Heaven.

Oh! Too bad Rob wasn’t in Les Mis, with Hug Jackman! Les Mis is amazing, and though I love Colm Wilkenson as Jean Valjean, I can’t wait for this movie and I bet Hugh will make an amazing Jean Valjean also. Rob would have made a great Marius or Enjolras. Ah well . . . Maybe one day Rob will host the Oscars with Hugh, and they can sing and dance . . . or sing (I don’t think Rob dances.)

Michele

Posted at 6:46 PM on October 11, 2011

Oops… I said “Hug Jackman”. It was a slip. I suppose I should change it back to Hugh . . .

Sebastian

Posted at 12:40 PM on October 11, 2011

“Signature Hoodie” LMAO Rob is awesome.

Emma