Will Johnny Depp Ruin His Children's Lives With Money?

Mon, October 10, 2011 10:30am EDT by 7 Comments

In ‘Vanity Fair,’ Johnny talked about why he takes on so many projects – it’s for his two kids!

Johnny Depp is one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood – he earned $100 million last year – but in Vanity Fair, he calls the money “stupid.” Stupid money or not, is it a good idea to give that much to his children Lily-Rose and Jack?

“Basically, if they’re going to pay me the stupid money right now, I’m going to take it,” the mega-grossing Pirates of the Caribbean star tells the magazine. “I have to. I mean, it’s not for me. Do you know what I mean? At this point, it’s for my kids. It’s ridiculous, yeah, yeah. But ultimately is it for me? No. No. It’s for the kids.”

But if Johnny leaves his kids millions of dollars, will there be any incentive for them to work hard? Clinical psychologist Dr. Mary Lamia, PhD, told HollyBaby.com that it all depends on how Johnny and Vanessa Paradis raise their children. “It’s not about how much money they end up inheriting, it’s about the values the parents instill in the children,” she says.

Do YOU think it’s a good idea for kids to inherit millions of dollars?

han

Posted at 10:49 PM on May 15, 2012

In the list of most common regrets of the dying one that came up a lot was “I wish I hadn’t worked so hard”… in other words, is it truly a bad thing if the kids never have to work? Depending on their interests they could do volunteering for charity instead, travel the world, experience their dreams coming true… and people are worried that is a bad thing? Silliest thing I ever heard! Of course it’s a good thing. These children are very blessed. Chances are most people in their situation would wish to be ‘normal’ so either they will have to hang out with only ultra rich people of leisure or they will be motivated by the people around them to want to work simply to lead a ‘normal’ life. I think they are lucky financially.

Agnes

Posted at 2:12 AM on June 18, 2012

I.love.you. Truly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *.*

Kaitlyn (JDluvah)

Posted at 10:00 PM on January 25, 2012

I LUV Johnny Depp so much, but i agree. I mean, he should give his kids maybe a hundred something dollars like that, but millions of dollars will mean that Lily Rose and Jack (I LUV Jack too!) won’t have to work, which will cause not much to do except maybe sit around, watch TV, maybe run around outside a little or even play volleyball or soccer, if they do any sports. Lily and Jack wouldn’t need a job, so if they decide to not get one, they would never have new social conversations. Johnny, like Al said, is humble and should be very proud. Just don’t push too much of it to your younger ones. Maybe you could give it to charity or buy another resteraunt or club. Thousand, maybe, but millions is too much. Don’t go overboard with riches!

Al

Posted at 8:36 PM on October 18, 2011

Johnny Deep is no dummy. He should be very proud, he earned his money, just like the rest of us. He makes more then the rest of us, but none the less, he picked a profession that pays well if the talent is there, and in his case, he has talent coming out of his ears. The man is gifted. My hat is off to him. He is a very humble person and he and his Wife (Don’t have to be married legally to be married, it’s all about the emotional connection)have a very sound value system. They are teaching there children well. They just happen to have the blessed gift that they will never have to worry financially. Money is a tool and like anything else in this life, if you not happy without it, you’ll be misserable with it. This applies to anything in life. God bless Johnny, his wife and beautiful children. Enjoy it my friend, you earned every penny of it.

mariyn

Posted at 8:23 PM on October 10, 2011

did i mention how johnny is still hot??!! wow!! hehe ummm i think he has good intenstions but you don’t want to spoil your kids on their income of a will

p

Posted at 5:20 PM on October 10, 2011

Amazing ! how people form opinions about someone they don’t know .. I’m sure he and his wife are teaching their children right , you don’t see them plastered all over the place in silly gossip sited or magazines , at least they are thinking of their well being not raising them in the US specially LA where cynicism is a way of life… People are always judging others , even children so i think they doing a fine job with them !

Eddie..

Posted at 11:01 AM on October 10, 2011

really WOW….with so much going on in this world one would think we have more important things to worry about really? again !!!