'Gossip Girl' Recap: Blair Reveals The Father Of Her Baby, Plus 4 More 'OMG' Moments!

Mon, October 10, 2011 10:11pm EDT by 52 Comments

We FINALLY found out the father of Blair’s baby on the Oct. 10episode of ‘Gossip Girl’ — and I’m SO disappointed!

Last week, Blair (Leighton Meester) told three people about her big baby secret — including Dan Humphry (Penn Badgley). We were SURE one of them was going to spill her secret, wreaking havoc on the Upper East Side. But this time, Gossip Girl has taken a turn for the worse. Blair mustered up the courage to take a paternity test on her own to find out if either Chuck (Ed Westwick) or Prince Louis (Hugo Becker) was the father. Drum roll please …

As of now, nothing is standing in the way of Blair’s dream of becoming royalty. The father of the child she is bearing is PRINCE LOUIS (Hugo Becker!)

Now, we know we can’t believe everything Gossip Girl tells us. We DID go an entire season believing Ivy (Kaylee Defer) was Serena’s (Blake Lively) cousin, Charlie, after all. Oh, and remember when Dan and Georgina Sparks (Michelle Trachtenberg) had baby Milo? So there’s still hope Chair fans!

Louis seems pretty excited to be the father, so we’re just going to have to roll with it for now. But let’s not forget that we haven’t actually seen the paternity test results yet — so Blair COULD be lying!

More ‘OMG’ Moments:

#1 Blair tells Chuck she’s pregnant:

The first person Blair revealed the father of her baby to was Chuck, to which Chuck cried and cuddled with his new dog friend; it was heartbreaking! And finally, Blair admitted: “There was a part of me that really wanted it to be yours.” (So did we!!!)

#2 Lily is free:

Serena’s mom Lily (Kelly Rutherford) is finally back in the picture — and she’s no longer on house arrest! The fancy Upper East Sider can finally get back in the groove of things.

#3 Ivy decides to stay in NYC:

And let me be the first to say, I’m happy she is! After putting Lily’s sister — who hired her to be her fake daughter to get her real daughter’s trust fund — in her place, Ivy decided she’s going to stay and live out this wild fantasy as Charlie. More power to her! I just hope Nate (Chace Crawford) doesn’t find out who she really is…

#4 Dan’s book gets published:

Dan’s secret novel about the musings of the Upper East Side is finally going public. It definitely looks like it’s going to cause major drama after watching next week’s preview! We can’t wait to see what comes of it!

What do you think, Hollywoodlifers? Blair says Louis is the father of her baby — but do YOU believe her? And were you as shocked as I was when she made her big announcement? What were YOUR ‘OMG’ moments? Vote and drop a comment below!

XOXO

— Nicole Karlis

Marissa

Posted at 11:05 AM on October 11, 2011

Last night after Blair went to Chucks hotel and seeing how it hurt him so much it just made me die! I know Chuck is the father. There no way he isn’t. Louis being the father would be to simple and boring. I’m more worried about it also being Dans from the promo. He said that the two of them had sex in the book he wrote but if that were the case wouldn’t he have thought it was his? Thats what im confused about. But also at the end when Blair told Louis, she hid the results because she didn’t want Louis seeing them, probably because its not his. I know that eventually the truth will come out. All i want is a happy ending with Chuck and Blair. You know when Chuck truly loves something when he has tears rolling down his face at the end. That just broke my heart….

Rebecca

Posted at 8:48 AM on October 12, 2011

He never said that they had sex in his book.

Melissa

Posted at 10:34 AM on October 11, 2011

I refuse to believe that Chuck is not the father of Blair’s baby until they show the paternity results or Josh Safran says it isn’t Chuck’s. Until that happens, I’m still going to think it’s Chuck’s baby and Blair is lying.

The scene between Chuck and Blair last night was truly heartbreaking. I cried watching the Chair scene & the Chuck/Monkey scene. I get misty eyed reading a recap of it. Ed and Leighton are so terrific, and when they are together in scenes they are just so much more brilliant. It’s scenes like in this episode that make me wonder why all their scenes can’t be together.

I just hope we find out soon who the REAL father is, and Chuck does too. He’s had too much heartache in his life, and I don’t know if I can watch much more.

HL

Posted at 9:51 AM on October 11, 2011

Thanks for all the comments! You all have really great points.. I’m still hopeful it’s baby Bass too. There’s NO way they will go on with this Blair/Prince Louis plot line!!!!!

Azhelle

Posted at 9:25 AM on October 11, 2011

What I think about this revelation is that the writers have written it this way so that viewers will really wait or watch the next episode to see if Blair will end with Chuck at the end of the season. If you would take a look at it, if they reveal that it was Chuck’s (which I really do believe that its his), viewers would no longer watch the other episodes cause in any other way, Chuck will always be in Blair’s life because of the baby. I think that the truth will be revealed on Blair’s wedding. I haven’t watched the episode yet, but I’m pretty sure that I’m going to cry in the CB scene. :)

Christiana

Posted at 9:18 AM on October 11, 2011

Chuck is 100% the father. Did anybody realized that Blair is not the only one who knows who the real father is, but Dorota knows too?remember when Blair ripped the results? and in the next scene Dan had the results and said that Doroda gave it to him(she collected from the rubbish and fixed it)? So Dorota knows the truth and i think she is going to be the one who will make Blair tell the truth. So guys keep an eye on Dorota!

anonymous

Posted at 9:30 PM on October 13, 2011

no, dan said that dorota didnt look at who the father was.

Brii

Posted at 9:09 AM on October 11, 2011

Last nights eps showed me one thing..that the writers clearly again are building up something and for the sake of all true Chair shippers and their sanity it doesn’t explode in our faces.

I knew that they would have Blair say the baby is Louis and honestly it maybe..I felt that she hide the envelope because she did not want Louis to find out that his princess to be cheated on him and had a doubt that the baby may not be hi…I maybe wrong but let’s be real we have ‘settled writers’ who think differently to the younger genere that watch GG and I think that is why there is alot of pain when things don’t go the way we precieve they should go,. YES I would have LOVED for the baby to be Chuck’s (still holding hope) but then again I too don’t want them back together because of a baby, and if they decide to go the micarriage sl and the baby is Chuck’s only to find out and then lose it all because she wanted her fairyatale..I don’t think I could look at Blair the same again. To me that would be worst than the IP and this would really and truely destroy Chair for me.

I just wish that they would just stop with the hints and just let them just let go completely, instead of digging them deeper and deeper into them just hurting and lying to each other. I was hoping that this season would be about them maturing but looks like the only people maturing right now are the fans that are slowly but surely quiting GG.

Morgan

Posted at 9:01 AM on October 11, 2011

Excuse me while I wipe all my tears onto my pillow after last night’s episde. LET CHUCK BE THE FATHER! I don’t care if Blair lied or not, I just want to undo the final CB scene. Although I kind of don’t since it was so wonderful and Chuck and Blair proved they are still amazeballs, so…

Sarah

Posted at 6:24 AM on October 11, 2011

I totAlly agree with u all CHUCK AND BLAIR belong with each other as u know she hid the envelope and another evidence that I think Blair told louis that it’s his baby but I’m sure it’s chucks coz I dnt think she slept with prince louis and one more thing I think she did this coz she want a royal wedding but what about chuck poor him. Chuck is sooooooooo cute. Wht about their love. Plz anyone reply I need opinions

Alexia

Posted at 3:55 AM on October 11, 2011

I hope she is really lying. she has to. She can’t have a baby from that boring prince but other part of me thinks that maybe its good that the baby is not Chuck’s because when they reunite there will be no doubt that they come back together because of the baby but because of their undying love.

maayan hened

Posted at 3:10 AM on October 11, 2011

I want Chuck and Blair will be together forever I really hope that Blair was lying about her baby’s father. Discover the real father so early in the season it sure does not make sense later in the season will find Chuck’s the father

A

Posted at 1:09 AM on October 11, 2011

Come on, the baby is obviously Chucks. She hid the envelope which is a clear indication that she lied. I don’t think the writers were trying to hide anything at that point. Chuck is the father! Blair obviously lied so it wouldn’t mess up her ‘fairytale’ and didn’t think Chuck would be a suitable father. No doubt.

laura

Posted at 4:52 AM on October 11, 2011

i agree, she hid it so he wouldn’t find out it was chucks. she wanted it to tell louis it was his so he didn’t break up with her because chuck got her pregnant.

KJ

Posted at 12:41 AM on October 11, 2011

Am I the only one who thinks that Blair and Louis are boooooring. Blair and Louis is like seeing a 1/2 brother and sister trying to make out. Now Blair and Chuck on the other hand are like Liz Taylor and Richard Burton, Lucy and Ricky, Betty and Barney Rubble and so on. When Blair and Chuck get together make you wanna get together with the person you love. We all know that Chuck and Blair made woopie b4 the last show in the last season. C & B 4 ever. How many more times do we the fans have to endure with this on and off again romance between C & B?

Liz

Posted at 12:31 AM on October 11, 2011

omg no!! It cant be the louis dude the baby has to be chucks! And when blaire was telling the prince the news there was a camara focus on the envelope, blaire placed it in the drawer and closed it why didnt she show it to the prince? Cuz the kid is chuck’s!

erica

Posted at 12:07 AM on October 11, 2011

Also, Chuck told Blair he couldn’t feel anything before Blair revealed her pregnancy. Could it be Blair wanted Chuck to feel again so she had to hurt him in order to do that? Because she thought that Chuck gave Monkey away so she thought he didn’t wants kids. but then learned AFTER she told him, that he didn’t give Monkey away. But by then it was too late to turn back!!! NOOOOOOooooooo!!!! PLUS they wouldn’t make such an emphasis on the envelope when she told Louis if it was his! Why wouldn’t Blair show him if it was really his??

Sus

Posted at 10:55 PM on October 10, 2011

The scene after Blair tells Chuck where he is crying in his bed… I almost cried. Was the best scene in the whole episode. I don’t understand writters… I really don’t.
I still think there is hope, just because Blair seemed surpriced that Chuck didnt get rid of the dog. I think she might have thought that Chuck wasn’t ready for kids or something like that if he couldn’t even take responsability for a dog.

Poor Chuck… I feel heartbroken for him too.

Rett

Posted at 10:43 PM on October 10, 2011

She’s Lying , why keep the evidence of a paternity test? The whole thing was surreal! I mean if it was Louis why did she tell Chuck first? I think she wanted to see what his reaction is, if not then why did she pause a minute and then go to say it was Louis and say she knows The Chuck Bass life style and That babies arent part of the package? I think when he didnt say anything she lied and told him it was louis! She looked so guilty about the result she actuallt Picked them up quickly looked at louis , and the hid them in the drawer. I dont know abut you But most women would have thrown that away. Not kept it and risked it getting into the wrong hands!I say its CHUCKS and B is lying !

Jenna

Posted at 10:39 PM on October 10, 2011

Oh c’mon, the episode was called “The Jewel of Denial.” Of course it’s Chuck’s. I feel so heartbroken for him right now. Blair has trumped the IP incident. :(

Hannah Jo

Posted at 10:37 PM on October 10, 2011

That baby is so totally Chuck’s! Either Blair’s lying or someone’s lying TO her, but either way, CB have made a baby together. I will believe this until Joshua Safran tells me otherwise. And even if he DID tell me otherwise? I probably wouldn’t believe him. :P

Chris

Posted at 10:35 PM on October 10, 2011

She was so lying!!! that is a BabyBass!! But omg Chuck, poor Chuck. I cant wait till they figure it out!!

GGFan73104

Posted at 10:33 PM on October 10, 2011

Personally, I think Blair is lying about who the father is. IMO, There is no reason for her to hide the paternity letter if Louis is the father! BABY BASS!

Linda

Posted at 12:18 PM on October 11, 2011

Of course there is a reason for her to hide the letter! Think about it; why would a non-cheating girl need to take a paternity test?

Carly

Posted at 10:29 PM on October 10, 2011

Tonight was definitely a shocker. I still believe in Baby Bass but I also hope that Blair didn’t lie intentionally to Chuck. That would be incredibly cruel. GG does love to mess with us, so I’m still not entirely convinced it’s Louis’ kid. On the plus side, I’m glad too that Lily is free and Ivy is staying. The way Ivy stood up to Carol was awesome!

Natalie

Posted at 10:29 PM on October 10, 2011

I think it’s definitely CHuck’s and Blair is lying!

Sandra

Posted at 10:28 PM on October 10, 2011

The way she looked at the envelope and the whole Chair scene dialogue? She lying!!!!

erica

Posted at 10:27 PM on October 10, 2011

NO NO NO NO NO!!! It has to be a Baby Bass!!!!!! Blair hid the paternity test from Louis at the end, what does she have to hide if it REALLY is his baby?? HAS TO be CHUCK’S!!!! Poor Chuck at the end, broke my heart. GG writers really got me on an unexpected emotional roller coaster!! I never thought I could be jumping up and down and being so happy one moment, to crying like a baby the next! Thank god Monkey is there to comfort Chuck!

Veronica

Posted at 10:26 PM on October 10, 2011

I’m still holding out hope that it’s Chuck’s baby. She hid that envelope way too quickly! Loved the Chuck and CB scenes, it’s about time! GG finally started S5 tonight… 10 minutes from the end of episode 3.