'Teen Mom' Star Gary Shirley Moves Leah Away From Amber Portwood!

Fri, October 7, 2011 3:30pm EDT by 7 Comments

Gary got the keys to his new house on Oct. 7 — and starts the process of moving Leah to Noblesville — 30 minutes away from where mommy Amber lives!

Teen Mom star Gary Shirley informed fans that he was planning on moving his 2-year-old daughter Leah away from her mommy Amber Portwood to another town about 30 minutes away. Well, Gary has gone ahead and relocated himself and Leah from Anderson, Ind. to Noblesville, Ind. They got the keys today, Oct. 7!

“Yay so excited tomm is big move in date for Leah and I……” Gary tweeted on Oct. 6. “We got the home we want. Getting my key tomm at 10 am:)”

Gary even purchased himself a new bed. “Bought the Icomfort bed & it’s not by apple, lol jk but it feels like it is,” he shared on Oct. 7. “After tonight I’ll b sleeping like a baby.”

Wow! HollyMoms — do you think Gary really should be moving Leah away from Amber?

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Teen Mom Stories

1. Leah Messer Sticks It To Corey Simms!
  2. Meet Amber’s New Boyfriend!
  3. Maci Bookout Forbids Kyle King From Seeing Bentley!

Proud Mom of 3

Posted at 12:18 AM on October 11, 2011

I really feel for Leah and Gary !! Damn Amber how hard can it be to keep ur hands to urself not only in front of ur daughter but on national television!What a selfish b*tch ur childs father not only wants to be with u and listen to ur sh*t but most importantly keep “Leah’s” family together we u open ur legs it’s not about what “U” want!!I def commend Gary for being a mom and a dad !!And alot of u believe Gary may not have it all as a parent but that’s what we parents do we learn along the way and do the best we can!!

Andrea

Posted at 10:19 AM on October 8, 2011

I think Gary needs to stay away from Noblesville. We don’t need trash like that in our community.

Sam

Posted at 8:02 PM on October 7, 2011

30 minutes is not that far away – if he moved her to another state or a few hours away in the same state, then yes I would be saying don’t mover here away from her mummy.

JB

Posted at 8:55 AM on October 9, 2011

Exactly- 30 minutes is nothing!

Sharon

Posted at 6:30 PM on October 7, 2011

I like Gary and his laid-back attitudes, etc. He is a very peaceful person, it seems to me. Amber is not cute or loving towards Leah, that I can see according to the show. She constantly yells at her. She doesn’t even speak “baby language” to Leah. I talk nicer to my dog!

Paula

Posted at 5:49 PM on October 7, 2011

Neither win parent of the year, but Gary seems to care more about Leah. Amber is just plan lazy, does nothing with the kid. Leah is usually playing/fending for herself, which lazy ass sits on a couch or unmade bed.

cass

Posted at 5:23 PM on October 7, 2011

I’m not convinced Gary is any better at parenting than Amber is.
In my opinion, they both need to grow up, and fast. I feel sorry for Leah.