He was so terrible, I wish I had been watching baseball and not the show!
It was the guys’ episode tonight, surgeries happened, decks were built. But I’m going to focus on the reasons that Derek is the worst person ever (at least in the world of Seattle Grace).
1. He won’t talk about work with Meredith (Ellen Pompeo). She tried to question him about his surgery, but he brutally rebuffed his wife. “I’m not going to do this whole thing where you’re sad about every case that I have,” he said. Jeez, Derek. Can your wife ask you a question?
2. He insults her to the other attendings. When Alex (Justin Chambers) was late to the surgery, Dr. Warren (Jason George) pointed out that “Dr. Grey was never late.” “No, she was many things, but late was not one of them,” Derek retorted.
3. He kicked Alex off of his service for not appreciating the human spine enough. Derek, does everyone has to be as “perfect” as you think you are to work with you?
4. He let Avery (Jesse Williams) do what looked to be a complicated procedure, even though Avery had only seen it on video. It seems to me, he’s just rubbing salt in the viewers’ wound about how much he doesn’t want to work with Meredith anymore.
5. He made a bunch of surgeons build his deck with power tools and hammers! Is it a good idea for men who depend on having fully functioning, delicate hands to hammer nails and use saws? No.
6. He didn’t invite Mark to revel in the deck-building fun! If Derek is going to endanger the hands of all the male surgeons in the hospital, why not ask his best friend to join?
7. He’s so f*****g stubborn. “Meredith. Some days I miss her so much, I don’t know if I’m going to make it,” he told Mark. Well, then why are you freezing her out?
What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Is Derek the worst or what?
– Denise Warner
More ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ News!