Mercedes Isn't Pregnant On 'Glee' & I'm Glad — She'd Be A Terrible Mother!

Thu, October 6, 2011 4:14pm EST by 6 Comments

Are you glad Mercedes isn’t with child, or would you like to see her try to fill Quinn’s teen mom shoes?

When Glee fans began to speculate that Mercedes (Amber Riley) was pregnant — she was puking and complaining of stomach pains on this week’s episode — Amber decided to tweet the record straight: “Mercedes is NOT pregnant,” she announced Oct. 4. At first I was disappointed, because I really thought that could be an interesting direction for Mercedes, but after reflecting on the possibility over a plate of tots, I’m actually kind of relieved. That girl would have made a terrible mother!

Her questionable dietary habits aside — that girl would have fed her baby Quiznos for every meal, and you know it — Mercedes is one of the most selfish, not to mention irrational, characters on Glee.

I’m not a Mercedes hater — just a hater of the outrageous new attitude she seems to have picked up over summer vacation. I’m glad her new boyfriend (LaMarcus Tinker) is trying to instill confidence in her, but there’s a difference between confidence and arrogance.

— Andy Swift

Lili Ashleigh

Posted at 7:30 AM on November 3, 2011

Mercedes can be selfish and a diva but I don’t think she would be a bad parent……

SheShe

Posted at 1:47 AM on October 9, 2011

This whole article is completing ridiculous. I can’t believe you would actually bring food into a discussion on if someone would be a good mother. So in some many words you are saying, if you’re fat you will be a horrible mother. Then to say she is most selfish and irrational character on the show that has someone like Rachel on it. I can’t even take you seriously. This is extremely offensive and you are truly an idiot.

SMh

Posted at 1:50 AM on October 8, 2011

Why Would You Say That About Quiznos? You dont think Quinn Is Selfish. Mercedes Gave Her Home To Quinn While She Was pregnant. That’s Selfish? WOW. I hate to think you comment is a RACE thing smh.

Rachel

Posted at 3:50 AM on October 8, 2011

I totally agree, Mercades is amazing and although she is a bit of a diva sometimes doesnt make her selfish or a bad mother. How is she the selfish one and not Santana or QUinn?? mercades helped quinn, kurt and helped everyone feel better about themselves. So either your racist or you honestly has no clue about what is going on….

SMh

Posted at 1:34 PM on October 8, 2011

True.

Shelly Haens

Posted at 10:53 PM on October 6, 2011

Wow. I can’t believe you went there with the quiznos comment. I bet this post will get some negative feedback.