The 21-year-old MTV star was rushed to a hospital and hooked up to an oxygen machine, but it wasn’t a drug overdose!
Amber Portwood is not having an easy past few months. The reality star’s cousin Krystal Zion tells the MailOnline that she called 911 while Amber suffered a panic attack at her Anderson, Ind., home. Amber’s two-year-old daughter Leah was with her ex-fiance Gary Shirley at the time. This is so sad!
“Amber suffers from a severe anxiety disorder,’ a source says. “She has panic attacks all the time, but this time it was so bad that she couldn’t breathe.
Amber has been open about the fact that she takes the prescription drug Klonopin to help with her anxiety disorder.
“Some people are saying Amber was rushed to the hospital because of a drug overdose, but right now that’s just a rumor,” the source continues. “The most likely explanation is that she forgot to take her medicine and when her panic attack came on she couldn’t catch her breath.”
Amber has not had an easy time. The reality star spent the entire summer in rehab at Seasons Recovery Center in Malibu and attempted suicide in June by tying a rope around her neck.