'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood Hospitalized After Panic Attack!

Thu, October 6, 2011 9:32am EDT by 14 Comments

The 21-year-old MTV star was rushed to a hospital and hooked up to an oxygen machine, but it wasn’t a drug overdose!

Amber Portwood is not having an easy past few months. The reality star’s cousin Krystal Zion tells the MailOnline that she called 911 while Amber suffered a panic attack at her Anderson, Ind., home. Amber’s two-year-old daughter Leah was with her ex-fiance Gary Shirley at the time. This is so sad!

“Amber suffers from a severe anxiety disorder,’ a source says. “She has panic attacks all the time, but this time it was so bad that she couldn’t breathe.

Amber has been open about the fact that she takes the prescription drug Klonopin to help with her anxiety disorder.

“Some people are saying Amber was rushed to the hospital because of a drug overdose, but right now that’s just a rumor,” the source continues. “The most likely explanation is that she forgot to take her medicine and when her panic attack came on she couldn’t catch her breath.”

Amber has not had an easy time. The reality star spent the entire summer in rehab at Seasons Recovery Center in Malibu and attempted suicide in June by tying a rope around her neck.

— Chloe Melas

Annie

Posted at 9:14 AM on July 20, 2013

Thanks with regard to furnishing these sort of very good subject material.

Start Building A Quality Email List In Just 6 Steps - Free Software

Posted at 4:02 PM on June 8, 2012

I just couldn’t go away your website prior to suggesting that I really loved the usual info a person provide to your visitors? Is gonna be back frequently in order to check up on new posts

aplicaciones twitter

Posted at 6:30 PM on June 6, 2012

hi!,I like your writing very so much! percentage we communicate extra approximately your post on AOL? I need a specialist in this space to solve my problem. Maybe that’s you! Taking a look ahead to see you.

Arma

Posted at 7:29 PM on October 24, 2011

Panic attacks are horrendous. Mine are accompanied by nausea and dizziness. I had one especially bad one on holiday and it seemed to last forever. I had to go into a pub and ask the bar staff if I could lie down on their floor!!! If you’ve had a panic attack before, you’ll no-doubt agree that such a situation would not be embaressing in the slightest when you consider how bad you’re feeling and all you want is to somehow feel better.

Sabrina

Posted at 10:34 PM on October 11, 2011

amber is dumb i dont think she should be aloud to see leah until she changes her ways. Gray is such a good dad and he needs to get over amber because shes trash and just uses him.

eandr

Posted at 10:02 PM on October 7, 2011

I have the same problem and am prescribed a high dose or klonopin and have been for 8 years. First of all, when you have an anxiety disorder like that, they do not get you high like other people will. They bring you down to a “normal” level. I do not like Amber, but people should also be educated about how dibilitating this disorder is. When you have a panic attack like she had, you can’t just tell yourself that’s what it is and that taking something will make it go away. It snowballs and you really feel like there is something else wrong. Like I said, I do not like Amber at all, but the disorder she has is no joke and the ignorant people making those kind of comments should research a little more instead of just assuming that people with this disorder are like their friends, who take benzos and drink to get completly wasted

proudmommy3275

Posted at 4:47 PM on October 9, 2011

finally someone who sees what she is going thru not these idiots on here who dont know anything

proudmommy3275

Posted at 7:07 PM on October 6, 2011

i dont think she is exaggerating anything. you guys know nothing about amber. the cameras have stopped rolling she has had problems in the past. i have been in ambers shoes i have panic attacks i have DHS called on me *all lies of course* guys grow up and leave her alone. she is only human. she makes mistakes she made a big one and she is paying for it.

Courtney

Posted at 3:40 PM on October 6, 2011

I kind of feel bad. I suffer from anxiety too and unless you’ve had a severe panic attack you’ll never know what it’s like to be so desperate for medication. Wether or not she exaggerated her symptoms it’s a scary thing to go through. & Klonopin works by calming the nerves and brain,, I also take it. It doesn’t give you a “High” or make you lose weight it simply calms the body and adreniline.

henderswife

Posted at 5:03 PM on October 6, 2011

Klonopin most definitely will give you a “high”. It is a strong benzodiazepine and it is highly addictive. It is in the same drug class as xanax. I’m not trying to say you’re being dishonest in anyway but I know this to be true. You can google it.

Courtney

Posted at 6:14 PM on October 6, 2011

You’re probably true but in all my experiences with it I’ve never felt a certain “high” people get from other drugs. That being said I only take a very low dosage so I probably wouldn’t even know if I was on a high.

PanicProne

Posted at 10:18 AM on November 22, 2011

It may give someone a high that doesn’t have panic or anxiety attacks. Someone that has panic or anxiety just feels a sense of relief (usually) and maybe a little sleepy while their body gets adjusted and you find the right dosage.

JJMo

Posted at 3:22 PM on October 6, 2011

How much attention does she think she is going to get? I can’t stand her, or Gary for that matter. She is probably just mad cause shes fat again and needs more meds so she can slim down.

henderswife

Posted at 2:59 PM on October 6, 2011

She is just exaggerating her “symptoms” to get more medication. Oldest trick in the book. Lame.