Spoiler Alert! Chuck And Blair Look Happy Together! There's Hope For Chair Yet!

Wed, October 5, 2011 12:37pm EDT by 32 Comments

New photos from Gossip Girl’s fourth episode this season, ‘Memoirs of an Invisible Dan’, show a joyful Chuck and Blair! Does this mean he knows she’s pregnant? Are they back together?

We’ve been waiting patiently for a good old-fashioned Chair interaction on Gossip Girl but unfortunately Blair Waldorf and Chuck Bass haven’t had any chance to showcase their chemistry this season. But new photos prove that’s about to change and while they got my hopes up (and every Chair shipper’s out there, surely), our sister site TVLine has new scoop that has us trés worried!

The pictures show a smiling Chuck and Blair holding on to each other. In fact, in one of the photos, it looks like Chuck could be holding on to Blair’s stomach, kind of. Wishful thinking on my part?

The episode guide says “Blair and Louis hit a crises point after Louis reads Dan’s book.” Sounds promising!

I was pretty excited — and admittedly still am — for two weeks from now but a new spoiler from Michael Ausiello says, “Prince Louis’ meddling mother and sister will insist that Blair move to Monaco to give birth to the future heir inside her. They even draw up a contract containing all sorts of ridiculous custody clauses. What a bunch of royal pains.”

Does that mean Louis is definitely the father? Or does everyone just think it’s Louis? Blair in Monaco? Sounds absurd! If that’s true then she’s hardly in a secret relationship with Chuck.

What do you guys think is happening in this set of photos? What do you think this scene is about? And do you think the latest spoilers mean for the paternity of Blair’s baby?

UPDATE: This first picture is apparently from a promotional photo shoot, the rest are all stills. But I still think it’s a good sign GG is promoting Chuck and Blair looking so happy!

Get More From Our BFF’s At Glamour!

1. Twilight Stars’ Best Hair and Makeup Looks
  2. Kristen Stewart’s Best Red Carpet Style Moments
  3. Click to See an Exclusive Kristen Stewart Video!k
  4. Enter to Win Tickets to the Twilight Premiere in L.A.!

harumscarum

Posted at 3:04 PM on October 6, 2011

everyone will think it’s louis’ but of course it’s chuck’s kid =)
and just because the kermitas “insist” that she move to monaco it doesn’t mean she will! she’s totally staying in NYC (near chuck <3)
i CANNOT wait for this scene!! even if chair aren't together, they look happy to be around each other which is GREAT!

Andrea

Posted at 2:36 AM on October 8, 2011

I agree with everything you said. Everyone will think the baby is Louis’s baby when it’s actually Chuck’s baby. This scene in the picture is absolutely lovely looking. They look so happy and in love.

Dana

Posted at 1:15 PM on October 6, 2011

I think Chuck is the dad but we won’t find out for a little while. Either Blair will lie or she will refuse to look at the paternity results. This picture is killing me. They have more chemistry and sizzle in one glance than they have in full blown love scenes with anyone else. Ed and Leighton are the best. No comparison.

Jessica

Posted at 9:38 PM on October 5, 2011

I love how happy they look in these pictures. <3 <3

Catherine

Posted at 12:57 PM on October 6, 2011

They look so happy. I need them reunited soon. :( I hate what is happening on the show now.

Nigella

Posted at 5:15 PM on October 5, 2011

People will think it’s Louis’s baby but it will be Chuck’s baby. Blair is either going to lie or refuse to find out the truth because she is afraid of discovering it’s Chuck’s baby. Blair is the Queen of Denial – just like the next episode name indicates. I am almost 100% certain the baby is Chuck’s baby. And I am 100% sure the baby is NOT Dan’s. LMFAO at that idea.

Shannon

Posted at 3:19 PM on October 5, 2011

I agree with the people saying the spoilers make it sound like CHUCK is the father. There has to be a good reason why Louis’s mommy is trying to lock down this fetus. There would be no need for such drastic measures if Louis was the biological father.

Adrienne De Chair

Posted at 3:06 PM on October 5, 2011

Call me an optimist but i’m 100% sure Chuck is the father.The writers said that this season will be the season of growth and there would be no better way for Chuck and Blair’s growth than a child.I’m sure we’ll get our Chair back:D But i also think Blair will lie ab the paternity until the last minute:)) she’s a Waldorf and she thinks Louis can make the her fairytale come true.

Maria

Posted at 3:00 PM on October 5, 2011

I am more than ready for these two to finally share a scene! The new pictures made me so, so happy- nothing on this show sizzles quite like the two of them. The chemistry just in that still alone is amazing.

Milena

Posted at 2:58 PM on October 5, 2011

Chuck is the father of Blair’s baby but I bet she will keep it secret for a while to have her fairytale. This is too cruel for Blair doing this, keep the baby to herself and let the man he is marrying to own it.İt takes two to concieve a baby and the father has as much rights to know about the baby as the mother. I hope GG won’t make Blair villain on this story. its too much.

Kayla

Posted at 2:08 PM on October 5, 2011

Chuck is obviously the father and that’s what the spoilers are now pointing toward. Louis’s mommy is pushing for all these additional custody things because she knows Louis isn’t? Why? Because I bet it turns out Louis is infertile.

Dan isn’t even worth discussing because well..he’s boring and irrelevant and needs to remain that way. ;)

Reality Bites

Posted at 1:51 PM on October 5, 2011

Dan is the father. Blair will lie and say it is Chuck’s to get out of marrying the Prince and because she will realize Chuck is still in love with her. But in the end it will be exposed that it is Dan’s. Chuck is too obvious and Louis is not a contracted player and already annoying and boring.

Kayla

Posted at 2:06 PM on October 5, 2011

LMAO. You guys never give up. I guess facts are difficult things for you to handle. But I’ll try one more time:
– Safran said it was either Louis or Chuck’s baby
– If Blair got pregnant after that boring kiss then Blair would have already had the baby already.
– Blair didn’t see Dan all summer so she didn’t have sex with him later.

Dan is not the father. But keeping posting that he is. You guys are bringing us all alot of amusement. :D

Alex

Posted at 3:00 PM on October 5, 2011

Even Dan admitted that they only kissed. But you guys are hilarious thinking like this. Keep going on maybe it will happen in an AU!

Nigella

Posted at 5:17 PM on October 5, 2011

Where you going for irony with that name?

Melissa

Posted at 1:43 PM on October 5, 2011

Chuck is the father. What drama could come from Blair being pregnant if the baby was Louis’? The contract is drawn up, but it doesn’t say that Blair will sign it. However, if she did sign it, I could see a lot of drama when the baby is born, and Chuck will most likely have to fight for his family(Blair and the baby. Hopefully, Blair will be by his side fighting.

Edith

Posted at 1:17 PM on October 5, 2011

I’m 99.9% sure Chuck’s the father. Can’t wait to see the moment he finds out it’s his.

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 12:41 PM on October 5, 2011

Chuck is the father!!!! It is obvious!!

Nicole

Posted at 12:33 PM on October 5, 2011

I think the spoilers point toward Chuck being the father. Why would they go into this big custody thing otherwise? Louis would have a right to his child just based on genetics alone.
I’m more certain than ever that Chuck is the daddy and I can’t wait for him to find out.

Bonnie

Posted at 11:22 AM on October 5, 2011

I just want a Chuck and Blair scene already!

MSC

Posted at 11:17 AM on October 5, 2011

I really want these two to just be together already! I know it’s Chuck’s baby but I’m sick of the writers screwing with Chuck and Blair and their fans all the time. Let them be together already!

leigh

Posted at 11:16 AM on October 5, 2011

I feel like Blair is going to hide the baby from him because she’s marrying that prince. Wake up ,Blair, Chuck is your one and only!

brooke

Posted at 11:08 AM on October 5, 2011

Chuck HAS to the the Father, or Blair wouldn`t be so secretive about it, if the baby was Louis` she would have told him by now

CHUCK AND BLAIR FOR ENDGAME

dee

Posted at 11:04 AM on October 5, 2011

Of course they gonna make up as friends first..pretending to be happy for each other etc. I think all going to kick off when her belly starts showing and somewhere in the middle of the season.
Just wonder how will they keep us interested untill then?

Chris

Posted at 10:38 AM on October 5, 2011

I could see Chuck and Blair trying to be friends but of course they feel more. But Louis is all jealous and he and his mumsy are trying to take Blair to Monaco but we all know that Blair is the queen of MANHATTAN!! Plus, its not her world without Chuck.

Love this article!! I need my Chair scenes now!!

Hannah Jo

Posted at 10:31 AM on October 5, 2011

I think/hope CB are trying to be friends and Louis just gets jealous and tries to cut off their contact … and their baby, muahahahahaha.

Because yeah. It’s totally Chuck’s baby.

Jaz

Posted at 9:01 AM on October 5, 2011

Thank you for being your always awesome self!
These pictures look amazing. I’m so looking forward to that moment. The spoilers are further proof that the baby is Chuck’s and the royals are trying to steal it away. I just want them to be gone and never come back.

Sandra

Posted at 8:58 AM on October 5, 2011

Awww… they look amazing together. sigh. Waiting patiently for their return while the writers will continue throwing tons of drama and obstacle in their path!

Tammy

Posted at 7:52 AM on October 5, 2011

Thank you for being amazing!

I love the pictures. Probably the most exciting thing that has happened yet in Gossip Girl this season. The baby is so clearly Chuck’s. Blair needs to drop her prince and get with her king. The story of the boring royals is dragging.

Morgan

Posted at 7:27 AM on October 5, 2011

First, they look amazing. Second, that baby is Chuck’s and Louis & his family want to lock it down, no two ways about it. Code Red, Blair! Third, uh, I want this episode to happen TODAY.

And, lastly, you are perfection. As always.