Khloe Kardashian's Honest New Interview: Her Battle Against Infertility Is 'Scary!'

Tue, October 4, 2011 7:15am EDT by 24 Comments

Khloe wants babies so bad, but she blames a crazy schedule for her inability to conceive. Should she slow down her career?

Many people think Khloe Kardashian has it all, but she’s going through a very private struggle with her husband Lamar Odom: an inability to have kids!

Khloe, 27, and Lamar, 31, have been unsuccessful trying to have a baby, and she opened up while she was a guest host on Today on Oct. 3.

“We would love to have kids,” she said. “It’s so hard. I never knew about ovulation and the limited amount of time you have to get pregnant. I never knew about that. No one ever taught me that. When you have schedules such as ours, it’s really hard to hit that mark. So it’s frustrating, but definitely, I want to have kids. It’s scary [thinking], ‘Oh God, what if I physically can’t have kids?'”

What do you think, HollyMoms — will Khloe be able to get pregnant soon?

— William Earl

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

More On The Kardashians:

1. Kim Kardashian Is Jealous Of Beyonce: If I Wasn’t Famous, I’d Be A Mom Already!
  2. Kourtney Kardashian Rushes Mason To A Plastic Surgeon After He Bangs His Nose! Is It An Overreaction?
  3. Mason Disick Accidentally Falls Out Of An SUV While Kourtney Kardashian Isn’t Paying Attention!
Loading video...

Alexa

Posted at 11:01 AM on October 5, 2011

Khloe is the most adorable of all the girls, I think. When god is ready for them to have babies, they will. Don’t give up girl!!

Courtney

Posted at 9:04 AM on October 5, 2011

oh boo hoo Maybe they aren’t meant to be parents through pregnancy why don’t they look into adoption and shut up she’s not even a celebrity she’s a socialite which is totally different

REALITY TV SUX

Posted at 8:17 AM on October 5, 2011

Ummm, dimwit? Its not your battle against fertility its your battle WITH fertility…..

alex

Posted at 9:09 PM on October 4, 2011

I absolutely love Khloe and Lamar and they’d be amazing parents, I wish the best for them.

Nikita

Posted at 7:54 PM on October 4, 2011

They would eventually have a baby , if they don’t there is always adoption .Everything happens for a reason and maybe its not the right time for them to have a baby as yet.They have only been married for 2 years , it would happen in the most unexpected time , she should stop stressing about it so much. That could be a reason also, she always STRESSING herself out about everything geez.

MikkiB

Posted at 6:56 PM on October 4, 2011

Khloe, in time you will conceive. To all the negative haters, get a life.

Kay

Posted at 6:36 PM on October 4, 2011

Why is everyone so bitter with Khloe and Lamar ? If you guys have a problem with her, don’t watch her shows and don’t watch/listen to every interview that she’s in. Simple. And as for her pregnancy issues, I hope she really does have kids one day because no one deserves not to.

Kelly

Posted at 6:01 PM on October 4, 2011

Keep up with the acupuncture Khloe!!!! I work for an acupuncturist in NJ and I’ve seen some of the most impossible cases turn into great baby blessings! It WILL happen :)

Pilika

Posted at 4:52 PM on October 4, 2011

I read it somewhere, that talked about sports stars that smoke weed. He was one of the people listed. Yeah, I don’t know if it is true or not, but the fact is that THC is known to cause the sperm to be weak. I was just making a point that the article implys that it is Khloe’s fault that she can’t get pregnant. Sometimes the problem is with the man!

lolanyc

Posted at 4:29 PM on October 4, 2011

cmon… Khloe and lamar are never together.Thats why she isnt pregnant yet. Second I went to catholic school YEARS ago.. I’m a tad older than Khloe.. I never had sex ed nor did I learn about ovulation in school. I learned mostly from womens magazines.. Now i dont think Khloe didnt know at the age of 27… thats just to add drama to an already stupid show.

Roy

Posted at 2:16 PM on October 4, 2011

Its funny how she said it takes so much time…
Whats funny is that does she remember her sisters pregnancy? or WHAT? lol I love how they love to lie and look Innocent :)

erica

Posted at 2:59 PM on October 4, 2011

she fine they will come soon

Natalie

Posted at 2:15 PM on October 4, 2011

Well, they’ve only been married a little over a year right? It takes a normal couple an average of a year to have kids, and they aren’t a normal couple. They are both very busy, so I can imagine them not getting together at the right time. I hope it happens for them eventually. As far as Khloe saying she didn’t know about or understand ovulation…I’m just not buying it. I’ve known about that since I was 11 atleast.

disco

Posted at 1:45 PM on October 4, 2011

It’s beyond pathetic to say you didn’t understand ovulation. Thats covered in basic sex Ed courses. I knew that at age 16!!!!

Rourita

Posted at 2:15 PM on October 4, 2011

I know seriously

Aimee

Posted at 9:25 PM on October 4, 2011

She was home schooled so she didn’t go to sex ed

Angela

Posted at 11:43 AM on October 4, 2011

I think all things happen for a reason. When they least expect it,thats when it will happen.

Courtney

Posted at 9:28 AM on October 4, 2011

Maybe it’s just not meant to be why don’t they look into adoption infertility/pregnancy loss maybe scary but it’s also very common as it used to be for a womans tubes to be tied after multiple C-sections without her consent just look at Elizabeth Taylor

Tasha

Posted at 9:20 AM on October 4, 2011

. It’s scary [thinking], ‘Oh God, what if I physically can’t have kids?’”

This was not said during her Today Show interview. You took this for the Khloe and Lamar show season finale.

Tasha

Posted at 9:17 AM on October 4, 2011

Ummm Pilika, where are you getting your information that Lamar has a weed problem? Hate it when people spread lies.

Pilika

Posted at 9:11 AM on October 4, 2011

I admit that hemp has its merits that are helpful and I believe that we should have the right to them. But if you are smoking a lot of weed, the THC levels can have an effect on the quality of the sperm. Was only mentioning his weed smoking becuase they seem to want to focus on Khole as the problem.

Pilika

Posted at 8:15 AM on October 4, 2011

Maybe if Lamar stops smoking weed they could have a baby. Maybe its not her but him. Why is it always assumed that it is the woman’s fault for not being able to conceive?

curtis

Posted at 8:41 AM on October 4, 2011

If he is smoking weed I doubt very seriously if that would be the problem as weed if natural is more help to the body then not. People need to educate themselves on the truth as to the history and use of hemp and why they have it outlawed. We live in an ill informed society and it’s time people wake up. Her problem could just simply be that she needs to slow down and relax from probably a busy schedule.

Sherry

Posted at 5:10 PM on October 4, 2011

In Khloe’s show, she says Lamar isn’t the problem because he already has kids with a different women!