'Gossip Girl': Blair Better Tell Chuck She's Pregnant Next Week!

Tue, October 4, 2011 5:56pm EST by 39 Comments
Gossip Girl Blair Pregnant

I am in dire need of a good Chuck and Blair scene and I really hope we get one in next week’s episode of ‘Gossip Girl’. Now that everyone’s finding out she’s pregnant it’s time for Blair to let Chuck know!

I love Chair as much as the next girl, but that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate scenes with Dan and Blair as well and I liked watching their interactions on Gossip Girl last night. I’m glad B finally has Dan and Dorota to confide in (Beatrice isn’t exactly going to be helpful), but enough is enough — it’s time for Blair to tell Chuck she’s pregnant!I understand that Blair didn’t exactly run to Dan to share her news and it ended up being blurted out as she defended herself against being bulimic (I knew that storyline would somehow work with her morning sickness). Similarly, she told Dorota after asking many questions at the doctors’ office. I know that Blair wanted to keep this a secret but it’s clearly spiraling out of control and she should tell Chuck before he hears about it from someone else. Especially because a certain Lonely Boy knows the secret, and he’s going to be getting help from our favorite bow-tied boy.

As much fun as a dramatic Chuck and Blair encounter might be should he hear the news secondhand, this is a situation that is serious and whether or not the baby is his, Chuck needs to get the news from Blair. This isn’t just some UES gossip, there’s a baby involved. (Plus, pretty sure that would get Chuck to feel something.) In the promo we see Blair ripping up the paternity results Dan hands her, but we don’t know if she uncovers who it is yet.

Something tells me Blair’s going to avoid finding out, tell Louis (blah) she’s pregnant and just believe in the power of positive thinking. She’ll just pretend it’s Louis’ baby and be in denial that it could also be Chuck’s. I really hope I’m wrong.

What do you guys think? Will Chuck be the last person to know Blair’s pregnant? Do you think he’ll find out next week? Will we find out who the father is yet? Josh Safran said it would be in the first half of the season, but we are still only in the very beginning. Let me know what you hope happens below!

Loading video...

More on ‘GG’

1. Why Chuck Bass should be Blair’s baby daddy!
  2. What would Baby Bass look like?
  3. A big Chair spoiler!

Dana

Posted at 1:17 PM on October 6, 2011

I want her to tell him but she won’t. They are going to drag the story out. I bet they drag out the reveal that Chuck is the father too. :( No matter what we need a Chuck and Blair scene badly. It is so boring without them.

Catherine

Posted at 12:55 PM on October 6, 2011

I don’t think she will tell Chuck just yet. I think she is scared at the moment. I have no doubt it’s Chuck’s baby though. Particularly after the latest spoilers.

Jessica

Posted at 9:36 PM on October 5, 2011

I hope she tells him next week but I doubt it. I think they will drag it out as long as possible. I have a bad feeling about this.

Jess

Posted at 8:04 PM on October 5, 2011

Just a thought but maybe Blair doesnt even look at the DNA results and so therefore doesn’t know because she’s too scared too. So technically she wouldn’t have lied to anyone but she will be stuck in denial land which is still frustrating. I want Chair together again!!!.

Nigella

Posted at 5:09 PM on October 5, 2011

I don’t think she’ll tell Chuck the truth next Monday either. I think she’s scared and believes Chuck is really over her. There was something about the way she told Dan “He told me to marry Louis” that makes me think she’s convinced Chuck has happily moved on. She has no idea how messed up he is about losing her. :(

Alyssa

Posted at 3:15 PM on October 5, 2011

I bet Chuck will be the last one who will find out about the baby! His Baby! and Blair will do this just her freaking fairytale.! Blair has to get away from being childish to raise a baby..İts ugly. I am not a fan of this story. I have to say this is Blair’s IP. She is doing what she has to for not losing her god damn fairytale.

Kayla

Posted at 2:03 PM on October 5, 2011

I hope Blair tells him. Chuck deserves to know and it could help him feel again. But I’ll understand if she doesn’t because she’s scared. I just want the writers to stop messing around with Chuck and Blair and reunite them. I will hate it if this Dair crap gets romantic (Dan is the most boring, annoying character ever and needs to gtfo – go join Vanessa in Spain or wherever she is). The Louis stuff is boring too. Just fix the mess you created writers and reunite Chuck and Blair and let them be a family. The fans have suffered for too long. I can’t believe how long they’ve been screwing with us.

Lexie

Posted at 1:34 PM on October 5, 2011

I love Chuck and Blair but I’d really think differently of Blair keeping his baby from him.

Edith

Posted at 1:16 PM on October 5, 2011

I hope Blair doesn’t lie about the baby, but if she does I guess I’ll understand that she’s scared. :(

Melissa

Posted at 12:05 PM on October 5, 2011

I hope that Blair tells Chuck next week or at least we finally get a scene together. I don’t have any doubt that the baby is Chuck’s, but I’m worried that she is going to lie and say it’s Louis’. It’s going to make her look really bad if she carries this secret for along time.

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 2:23 AM on October 5, 2011

I think Blair is going to lie to Chuck next week.

I also have a suspicion that Louis is shooting blanks and his family knows this.

Carly

Posted at 7:35 PM on October 4, 2011

I don’t want Chuck to be the last to know (even though he probably will be). And I definitely don’t want him to hear it secondhand. You’re right that no matter the status/future of CB. There is a baby involved now. She owes it to her baby and the father of her child to tell the truth. I know that she’s afraid of losing her fairytale but it will be worse if she holds on to the secret longer.

From the looks of the promo, Louis will probably find out next ep and thinks it’s his. Then he will get attached to the baby and Chuck will miss out on this experience. I think next ep she’ll try to stay in denial longer and ignore the paternity results. I thought that Blair wasn’t a weakling any more…

Sandra

Posted at 7:01 PM on October 4, 2011

I’ll go with the most pessimistic choice, and he’ll think it’s Louis’s before he finds out it’s his. It’s GG after all!

Rebecca

Posted at 11:51 PM on October 4, 2011

Could it be dans baby? Didn’t they sleep together???

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 2:22 AM on October 5, 2011

Nicole

Posted at 12:22 PM on October 5, 2011

Why are people even thinking this? lol. Safran said it was Chuck or Louis’s baby. Blair didn’t see Dan all summer and if they had sex after that lame, boring kiss then she’d be 20 months pregnant. It’s not Dan’s kid. So just ignore the nuts that keep saying it.

Shanna

Posted at 6:56 PM on October 4, 2011

The thing that really makes this sad is that it could help him feel again. But I expect her to keep it a secret because this is the season Blair goes dark again. That’s my bet

Olivia

Posted at 6:49 PM on October 4, 2011

I really hope Blair doesn’t lie about this for a significant portion of the season, because it would be such a horrible thing to do- not just to Chuck, but to Louis, and to her baby!

But yes, Chuck deserves to know, and he deserves to hear it from her- not from GG, or worse yet, Dan Humphrey.

Kelly

Posted at 6:38 PM on October 4, 2011

Poor Chuck. I’m so sad- after last night I really don’t know what to expect. I just know that Chuck deserves to find out the truth about the baby.

Hannah

Posted at 6:29 PM on October 4, 2011

I want Blair to tell Chuck as well! This season is supposed to be about growing up, and Blair needs to grow up and tell the truth, to Chuck and to Louis.

A

Posted at 6:22 PM on October 4, 2011

He’ll probably be the last to know. :( Just like they did on FRIENDS when Rachel was pregnant. Ross was the last one to know. But I’m sure that CB is still the story

Amelia

Posted at 6:17 PM on October 4, 2011

Definitely the last to know. Poor Chuck. :( And poor us! We want CB scenes and Chuck should be heavily involved in the baby storyline!

Hannah Jo

Posted at 6:15 PM on October 4, 2011

I definitely think Blair is going to avoid finding out the results and just hope against hope that the baby belongs to Louis, as much as I hate that notion. However, I do have some crazy hope that she will at least tell Chuck she’s pregnant and then lie that the baby is Louis’. I can just imagine him telling her he’s happy she’s starting a family and then doubling over from the pain in his ribs because he can FEEL AGAIN!

Too cheesy? I just like my drama.

Angela

Posted at 6:28 PM on October 4, 2011

Oh I love that idea. Aww Chuck bb. :–( Blair has so much emotional power over him. He’s always had this sexual power over her but she can get him emotionally. When you think about it this is where they are most vulnerable: Blair’s body issues and Chuck’s emotional issues. This pregnancy is at the intersect of where they are both most vulnerable.

Amelia

Posted at 9:16 PM on October 4, 2011

Why did all her pain and suffering last season not affect him at all then? He has hurt her over and over and over and I cannot believe that this pregnancy is making people forget that. Suddenly Blair is being hated on? For what? Chuck let her go!

Lexie

Posted at 1:33 PM on October 5, 2011

Obviously he can’t feel because he lost her. So obvious! And Blair wanted to be with the prince she was engaged to him.

Shannon

Posted at 3:09 PM on October 5, 2011

He can’t feel anymore because he let her go. He’s totally lost her. He always thought he could get her back her again and that they are inevitable. But now he realizes she may be gone forever. It’s one thing for her to have another boyfriend. It’s quite another for her to get married to someone else. I think finding out she’s having a baby with another man (I bet she lies to him this week) is going to be even more difficult for him. Cannot wait. Love Chuck and Blair angst.

Angela

Posted at 3:48 PM on October 5, 2011

Like Shannon said, the reason Chuck is affected so strongly is because he has finally given her up for good. But that doesn’t mean she didn’t emotionally affect him before. She is the only person that can influence him: She is the one that got him to see Lily in S3, she’s the one that got him to come back to the UES in S4, the idea of losing her made him completely crazy in S4, he got shot protecting something that symbolized their future and love for one another, etc. Most importantly, she’s the first and ONLY girl he’s loved or ever said “I love you” to. Blair has enormous emotional power over Chuck. He’s not immune to her at all. It may not be the healthiest or normal love using conventional, real world standards, but that doesn’t mean it’s not valid in the context of the show. It’s fiction after all. LOL

Christiana

Posted at 7:13 PM on October 4, 2011

wow that would be great!!

Bella

Posted at 6:12 PM on October 4, 2011

I wanna see Chuck’s reaction when he finds out Blair is pregnant

lala

Posted at 6:11 PM on October 4, 2011

‘i need to talk to you’ scene is in Empire actually…& i hope she will

Prinnie

Posted at 6:10 PM on October 4, 2011

I think she will tell him that she is pregnant but that Louis is the father. I think Chuck is the father and she will either know and not tell him or just not look at the results.

Sort of sucks as a storyline because Blair loves Chuck. I don’t believe she would keep him from his child. I hate that they are doing this to her character.

Chris

Posted at 6:09 PM on October 4, 2011

I hope you’re wrong too but that’s what I see happening :( Which is ok, I could take the drama and Blair screwing up like this because I think CB can survive anything. I just need a Chair scene already!!!

MSC

Posted at 6:07 PM on October 4, 2011

I think she’s going to tell Chuck last and keep it from him for a long time. The writers are kind of screwing Chuck and Blair fans all over since last season.

Britt