Derek Sheperd I Hate You With The Fire Of A Thousand Suns!

Fri, September 30, 2011 6:49pm EDT by 11 Comments

Derek you are being such a massive jerk to Meredith on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, not even your perfectly coiffed hair and dreamy blue eyes can get you out of this one!

Derek Sheperd I am so disappointed in you. I gave you the benefit of the doubt after last week’s Grey’s Anatomy episode. I knew you were being awful but I hoped you would redeem yourself this week in a big way. Last week’s “Meredith is a great mother” speech was enough for me but I’m on HLer Denise Warner’s side – last night’s “Meredith is a great doctor” comments were too little, too late. It’s time for a big gesture, and in my opinion, a big apology.

First of all, Meredith sees the grey. You knew this once, your mother even spelled it out for you. I understand you’re a “black and white” type-person but, as you said, the reason you love Meredith is because she sees the grey, and because she loves whole-heartedly and unapologetically. You should know your wife Derek. And it’s completely in Meredith’s character to give Adele the experimental drug. If you didn’t want a predicament like that, you shouldn’t have let a woman whose life was so affected by the disease, join you in the Alzheimer’s trial no matter how hard she begged. In fact, the trial was started out of your personal desire to cure Alzheimer’s in case it afflicts Meredith in the future! This was always personal, so don’t be so shocked that it spun out of control.

Secondly, Meredith should NOT have to stop working on brain surgery. She’s worked hard for her career and switching Adele’s placebo/trial drug has nothing to do with the size of the clamp she uses on an entirely different brain surgery. You should have trusted her in the O.R. and you sure as hell should have clapped for her when she performed her first solo brain surgery. It’s pathetic where your ego has taken you.

If anyone needs to be punished, it is you. Get over yourself. I’m sorry your trial didn’t work out but if the genuine reason you were upset is because Meredith’s actions might have stopped Alzheimer’s from getting cured, then another doctor taking over the trial solves that problem. The trial is continuing without you and if you can get over your precious reputation and actually think about your family, that would be nice.

Stop being a McNightmare and start treating Meredith right! Or else track down McVet because at least he appreciated Meredith.

AR

Posted at 8:32 AM on February 20, 2014

I am watching greys via netflix now and I totally agree hardcore. Thank you!

buying valtrex online

Posted at 5:24 AM on August 31, 2013

Hello mates, how is all, and what you wish for to say on the topic of this piece of writing,
in my view its actually awesome in favor of me.

Kallie

Posted at 6:28 PM on June 25, 2012

Calm down. It’s just a tv show.

Anna

Posted at 10:54 PM on September 30, 2011

I absolutely agree with you!!!!!! Derek is not perfect at all, he is selfish and I really wish Meredith understand that she is a great surgeon and she deserves a best men, sometimes love is not enought and Derek always hurt her with his stupids words he call her whore, lemon, Threw her engagement ring to the woods just because he was drunk and has issues, he always says that she dont has cure; what kind a man does all that????so he wants a perfect woman like he??? Sorry Derek but thats not happening to you. And I NEVER heard one Im sorry from his mouth in 8 seasons!!!!!!

Wow

Posted at 8:20 PM on September 30, 2011

BTW you all are judging Derek just like Derek is judging Meredith,harshly and ungracefully. Its not black and white people is GREY. I find quite immature to expect Derek to get over the fact that Meredith destroy his trial in 3 episode. Its a journey, a process which is what mature adults do.Mer is going to have work for Der trust. Just like he had to work for her trust back in the day.

Pissedoff

Posted at 8:53 PM on September 30, 2011

ITA. People seem to only want to hear what they think is right by their standard. If Derek is not all lovey dovey and looking all soft to Mer then he’s a jerk. i’m sorry but even if I love Mer to death, she messed up with his trial and did some irrational things that set the motion for them to lose Zola. Sure Derek left for some days and that too helped against them to keep Zola but this is a cause-effect thing and sadly what Mer did was the ball that set all this spiral. Derek had a right to be mad, he’s right now in the love you even when I hate you part of their vows but he hadnt leave even if Meredith gave him an out. Realistically he shouldnt be forgetting everything in a span of days because there’s a breach of trust. Marriage need working and Mer too had to learn how to not do those harsh decisions things she’s used to. I think this article is completelly out of context and didnt put things in perspective. There’s always two sides of the story and though Derek had been a little bit cold, Meredith is not completely free of blame. In RL things wouldnt be fixed in two epis so I dont think is right to think that Derek should get over this easily like nothing ever happened. Marriage needs work and it’s not only Derek who needs to do things, Mer too has to earn his trust back.

Wow

Posted at 8:05 PM on September 30, 2011

I disagree completly and believe me Derek is not my favorite character on the show.Meredith mess up hugely without thinking of the consenque.It is not just her, what she did was dumb even if it is in character.Derek has every right not to trust her,she lied to him. He also has every right to feel frustuated with the situation. Mer didnt face any consequence for her actions how is he suppose to know that she learned her lesson if she didnt any proffesional consequence. Mer did right in getting herself off his service, Mer disappointed Der as his student as his proffesional partner.

Hannah Jo

Posted at 7:43 PM on September 30, 2011

Agreed! I’m so glad to hear people calling Derek on his BS. I used to love him and Meredith together, but now I’m thinking she deserves so much better.

formerGreyfan

Posted at 7:11 PM on September 30, 2011

I agree. Beside this big gesture that he made a promise that he’s keeping is B.S. 8.01 he ran. He was gone for 5 days and the social worker became suscipious because Mer/Der were living apart. That’s running to me. Everyone seemed to forget about that. Same for not wanting to comment because he’ll say things. Ha. When has that stopped him. He’s always making hurtful comments to Mer and never apologizes. Writers obviously don’t watch the show when it’s aired. None of that was acknowledged.

umm

Posted at 11:07 PM on September 30, 2011

I think in the season 7 finale Derek said he wanted some space. The man is allowed to take some space to clear his head, especially after he finds out what Mer did. Sure, he did go about some things the wrong way. In the end, both Derek and Meredith screwed up. I’m actually glad they both yelled and talked. It is a step in the right direction.

Also, to the author of this blog, there are more than one neurosurgeons at Seattle Grace. Mer doesn’t have to give up neurosurgery all together. She just won’t work and learn from Derek.

EPfan

Posted at 7:00 PM on September 30, 2011

love it love it love it.
So well said. this was amazing thank you.
You said it all…
please give to Shonda to read . oh pretty please.

and how awesome was Ellen Pompeo in all the scenes all the episodes. she is making season 8 just awesome for me with her brilliant acting. AMAZING…