'Sister Wives' Star Christine Brown Says She Prefers Being Kody's 'Third' Wife!

Thu, September 29, 2011 4:26pm EST by 21 Comments

Don’t you think Christine is selling herself short? Who wants to settle for third place?

The stars of TLC’s Sister Wives dropped by Anderson on Sept. 29 to give us all an even closer look at their controversial Polygamist lifestyle — and it was Christine that made our jaws drop when she told Anderson Cooper she’s totally fine with her position as “third wife.” In fact, she doesn’t want to be any more important to husband Kody Brown than she is now!

“I never wanted to be a first wife or a second wife,” Christine admitted, much to our surprise. “I, in fact, only wanted to be a third wife. I’m not even kidding.”

She continued:

“We all chose coming into this family, we all chose to be part of this,” she said. “We knew Kody, we fell in love with him, we fell in love with his family. So we all chose that and you talk about how many wives and the number of wives, we’re just working on our family, working on what we have. We just feel blessed to come together.”

To each her own, but we can’t imagine settling for — much less wanting – the “third wife” position. Doesn’t she want to feel just as important to Kody as Meri and Janelle? And what does Robyn think about her “fourth wife” slot?

So many wives, so many questions.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Christian Louboutin Outlet

Posted at 10:14 AM on June 6, 2014

I visit day-to-day a few blogs and blogs to read posts,
except this weblog offers quality based posts.

Louis Vuitton Discount

Posted at 6:22 PM on May 17, 2014

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This
paragraph posted at this website is genuinely nice.

marimo

Posted at 12:54 AM on February 1, 2014

I have read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.
I wonder how so much attempt you set to make such a wonderful informative site.

Mustangsally

Posted at 2:28 PM on October 29, 2012

They are committing welfare fraud. Legally Kody is only married to Meri. The others are “spiritual wives”. Therefore they are all getting state benefits because they are single moms according to the state. The only family that Kody has to provide for is Meri and her 1 child. Everyone else gets paid for by the state.

jJanet

Posted at 12:37 AM on May 21, 2012

I am not in a polygamous relationship, but only having to deal with a spouse every 4th day might be a real blessing. It leaves a lot of time to self actualize. I have no desire to see a spouse or cater to a spouse on a daily basis. Also, having sister wives could come in handy for sharing some tasks like child care. This family is raising their children in a loving and caring environment. People need to be accepting, and not judgmental.

Tonia

Posted at 6:05 PM on December 3, 2012

When you say they are raising their kids in a ‘loving’ environment, you are really stretching it! Children need one on one time, not just the odd crumb their sperm donar gives! This kind of environment is not good for any kids, as they will not grow up thinking there is anything special about them, and they can’t possibly know their father on a loving and deep level! The wives and Mom’s are teaching these kids that they dont matter, so why should they? Someone said people were jealous? Really? I am a single mom who went back to school and supports my daughter financially and emotionally! I get self-actualized by this, and having babies for someone who throws you a bone every 4 days (no pun intented) is not self-actualizing. This is degrading to the women, who obviously do not love themselves, and more importantly the children – who have no choice in the matter!

mona shortt

Posted at 3:46 AM on May 9, 2012

I will never understand that bunch, I think it is ego, which one can have him and makehim a better lover, I think he is a two bager . it is like he is living off these, with chest stuck our, (OH THEY ALL WANT ME) makes me sick

Sandra

Posted at 11:51 AM on December 12, 2011

Just not knowing how God wants us to live. I worry about the children. I hope God will let them see the light. This show is like watching a bad car accident. Amusing, entertaining, and disgusting all at one time

Don

Posted at 10:50 PM on June 12, 2012

I say this with humility but how do you know they are not close to God and that the children are suffering? From reading about other Christian polygamists, that get very offended if you call them Mornons, they say they have a strong family and claim to the world that theirs is a safer place for kids. Another important thing is all of the women are important. The place in the family doesn’t mean they are worth any less then if they were number one. Many of these women say they would almost rather give up their husband then one of their sisters. None of them want to loss the husband but the bond between the women is so very strong.

Sandra

Posted at 11:46 AM on December 12, 2011

I also wonder how in the world they are affording 17 or is it 18 kids now. They live in pretty good houses. What they do for a living. How much money they get for doing this show. Must be a lot of money. Why are they doing this? Is this a hoax to make money? At first when I saw this I almost tossed my cookies. Than I was hooked but being raised as a Catholic really dusturbs me that they are going to hell. They need to read the bible and get immediate psychological help. Their children also must get a gentle hand with getting love and support or they will wind up like theme. Low self esteem and

Megzhan

Posted at 9:28 AM on March 4, 2012

I guess you’ll be seeing them in hell. Maybe YOU should read your own Bible!

Matthew 7:1-6, where Jesus pointed out that people tend to judge the “speck of sawdust” in another person’s eye when they are oblivious to the “plank” in their own eyes. Being judgmental only makes people hypocrites because they are unable to see their own faults as they judge others

The Bible points out in that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23), which means that nobody is in a position to be judgmental about another person’s actions. Even Jesus himself, who was without sin, did not condemn the adulterous woman when others were about to stone her (John 8:1-11). Jesus instead invited the person who was “without sin” to cast the first stone.

The Bible warns judgmental people that they will be judged by the same measure with which they judge others. (Matthew 7:2)

Deuteronomy 1:17 reminds everyone that judgment belongs to God, not man. Because your ability to judge others is impaired by the “planks” in your own eyes (Matthew 7:3), you are unable to see other people’s situations clearly.

Do I need to go on……????

Miz Carolyn

Posted at 2:08 AM on December 9, 2011

I like the show – its entertaining. I do wonder where they get all their income from??? Are any/all of the wives receiving welfare? Kody is a joke as a dad. Watching him take care of all of the kids was just dumb. Guess it was for the cameras. I also wonder why they are not going to build one giant house like they had in Utah? I did hear Merri wants to live by herself but it does seem like it would be better if they all lived in the same house again. Just sayin…

kim

Posted at 5:41 PM on December 6, 2011

My heart breaks for the women and the children. I spend each night warm with my husband by my side. Thank you Lord

MAUREEN

Posted at 1:29 PM on December 6, 2011

I WATCH THIS SHOW BUT IT’S B.S. HAS ANYONE NOTICED THERE KODY GETS THE FUN AND NO WORK? FOR INSTANCE HE GETS four ANNIVERSARY TRIPS AND B’DAY DINNERS. I DID SEE ONE show where he stayed home with all the kids. If pologamy is legitimate why is the male to female ratio about the same. Under their theory shouldn’t it be 1 to 3 or 4 or 5. Anyone follow? I heard Robin say, it’s not about sex. It’s all about sex!

Megzhan

Posted at 9:51 AM on March 4, 2012

Wow MAUREEN, YOU are really, really, really materialistic to even think such a thing….(anniversary trips, dinners, etc..that is thinking so materialistically, selfishly & dumb!) And NO, it’s not all about sex. Have you never just conversed with your husband, watched tv, played a game, laid in bed and talked, cuddled then actually went to sleep? Have you been married for 25 years? Do you still have sex EVERY SINGLE NIGHT? Or better yet…do you have 6 or 7 children that you are taking care of all day long, feeding, bathing at night, changing diapers, changing clothes, making sure homework is done, helping with last minute projects that the kids ‘forgot’ was due tomorrow, up all night for 3 nights in a row while taking care of a sick child, or you are sick yourself with the flu, or on your period, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, doing yard work, and that’s not even mentioning worrying about money, kids fighting & all of the drama that goes on when you have a large number of children AND THEN still have sex every single night?

They have a lot of children so that proves it’s all about sex? Yep, between the 4 wives (mainly 2 of them) they sure do. But that only tells us for certain that Kody has had sex at least 14 times, with 4 women, in the past 25 years. Hardly sounds like a sexazoid to me. Grow up! You don’t have to become a polygamist & have 4 wives to where it’s “all about sex” —- because with those 4 wives, he also has the mental, physical & financial responsibility to take care of the 4 wives AND the 14 children that he fathered, along with 3 more that is actually another mans responsibility that he has taken on. REALLY? DO YOU STILL THINK IT’S ONLY ALL ABOUT SEX? Sex is great with the right partner but i don’t find it to be ALL that when you consider all of the above!!! It would be much easier to remain single and ‘date’ around or masterbate!!~!

Don

Posted at 11:17 PM on June 12, 2012

Is sex the only way you relate to your husband? I know with my wife and I it is a small part of who we are. I am a man and I hear lots of women complain that there just isn’t enough men who will comit to a solid relationship. Now the ratio of women to men let take a look. I have known plenty of men who only wanted to play around. One comment I have heard several times ‘ why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free”. Is this the kind of man you would want any woman to marry. Then there is war and sadly enough more men die as young adults because of their life style. Also the CDC claims boy babies are more prone to die while young. Would you have these single women live their life without a partner? Doesn’t this place you above them because you have a commited partner? I say it takes sacrifice for a man to have more then one wife if he is giving them of his time.

Katie

Posted at 2:01 AM on November 29, 2011

She’s talking about the third wife as in the order they were married in. They don’t have positions, as you would know if you actually watched the show for a reason other than so you can slander and lie about it for drama.

SHEVORAH

Posted at 10:10 AM on November 8, 2011

It gets old hearing about Kody tell him to zip it up and grow up. Sure he is a nice guy but is he really just a guy
who gets some special satisfaction to making babies. WHile the rest of us have one partner he is taking turns sleeping with more than one woman i agree pologamy needs to be banned.

Katie

Posted at 2:04 AM on November 29, 2011

So you don’t think gay marriage should be legal either? And based on your judgement, which is based on a few episodes of a TV show and on a gossip article, you want to split a family apart, separate children from their parents? What a country.

YOUknow

Posted at 11:23 PM on October 17, 2011

What a load of BS!!!!! Christine always says she’s happy being the 3rd wife–as in the “last one in.” The NEW toy, so to speak. NOW, Robyn’s the shiny, new toy who’s ALSO pumping out babies!!!! Christine is a stay-at-home mom who doesn’t know how to cook! How many pieces of toast can that woman burn??? Logan has to cook??? NO, Logan has to get ready for school, come downstairs and see breakfast waiting for him on the table! GEEZ! Kody needs to walk through the door and see dinner hot on the table SANS Campbell’s Cream of ANYTHING soup AND Jell-o!

You’d REALLLLLLY see Christine’s head spin around if Robyn became a domesticated woman who had a spotless home, prepared NOURISHING food for all of the children AND did it all in her skinny jeans after giving birth! THAT would make me come back to the show! It was fun watching them struggle with their jealousy over this hideous guy.

Aly

Posted at 11:50 AM on September 30, 2011

This wasn’t surprising to anyone who watches the show – Christine has repeatedly said that she grew up knowing not only that she wanted to live in a polygamous relationship, but also that she wanted to be the third wife.