Key Comments: You Guys Really, Really, REALLY Want Chuck To Be Blair's Baby Daddy!

Wed, September 28, 2011 5:55pm EST by 112 Comments

Many of you have commented and made your opinions clear: you want Chuck Bass to be the father of Blair’s baby! But what about Dan or Louis? Read what your fellow Hollywoodlifers had to say.

We gave you a hint to why the father of Blair Waldorf‘s baby could be Chuck Bass (other than the obvious reason that starts with one and ends with night stand), and you shared your thoughts on who you wanted the Gossip Girl dad to be. Personally, I think this should be filed under the category of “Duh” but most of you are hoping for a Bass baby!

Basically the Chair-shippers will (of course) only be satisfied if Chuck is the father. They think Prince Louis is a) a guest star and b) boring so he couldn’t possibly be the dad. Which, although good points, doesn’t mean that technically Louis and Blair couldn’t have created a baby. Louis did point out in this week’s premiere that they’d spent the last few weeks in the bedroom.

Here are some of your best comments:

• Elizabeth: I’m thinking it’s a baby Bass. Louis doesn’t seem man enough to get the job done at this point. (Does he even have a spine?)
  • Megan: It better be Chuck and Blair’s baby because I need Chair babies in bow ties in bow ties or headbands either one. I will love the kid no matter if it a boy or girl
  • Laura: Chuck better be the father of Blair’s baby. I’ll be pissed if they make it Louis’s kid. Blair’s first baby should be with Chuck. Absolutely. (Editor’s note: First baby? So do her second and third go to Louis and Dan respectively?)
  • Hannah Jo: I totally agree with you that Chuck will be affected by Blair’s pregnancy either way, but being the father would be such a great incentive for him to mature and become the man his father never was. Here’s hoping!
  • Bonnie: I want it to be Chuck’s because the other options are terrible and who doesn’t want the spawn of Chuck and Blair running around!? I sure do! havoc!
  • Justina: Can you imagine? They would be super sneaky and manipulative but gorgeous too. Also filthy rich of course. They definitely need to have a baby
  • Nina: It would only make sense for it to be Chuck’s because sticking Blair with a baby from that boring prince would just be so dumb. Plus, where would the drama be?
  • harumscarum: chuck is DEFINITELY the father and not only because fate ships chair! it’s because it doesn’t make sense to get blair pregnant with a guest star that no one particularly likes and who will be gone eventually anyway.

My coworker Andy Swift would like to see Dan Humphrey as the baby daddy. And while the Chair-shippers were appalled, some fans didn’t mind the idea … although things did get heated.

• Asia: I’m a Blair fan, so as long as the Baby storyline is positive for Blair’s character development I don’t think it matters who the baby-daddy is. Saying that though, it is the Dair storyline that’s got me hooked on this show! Maybe I’m just a hopeless romantic and like the thought of the Nice guy getting the girl in the end (and prefer nice-guy Dan to the Prince). I’m sure (ex?) bad-boy Chuck has the potential to change into Mr.Right, but sadly I’m bored of the Chair R/S. So I hope this season GG will “Dare to Dair”
  • Manu: Oh, and Andy, don’t believe the poll… Chairios literally gather on boards to come up with ways to cheat on them; as I always say, they act just like their ~master~ would.
  • Vanillalatte86: Excuses, Excuses. Why does Chuck always trend when GG is on? Dan never trends. Are you suggesting we cheated there too? Are you also suggesting that Dair fans are incapable of “cheating?” Just face we win all the polls because there are more Chair fans than Dair fans.

Uh-oh it’s Chair versus Dair, although (and I’m not just saying this because I adore Chuck and Blair) the Chair fans are taking over HollywoodLife in a big way. Poor horribly-accented Louis, he’s getting no love. Watch, if he’s the dad … I don’t even want to go there. Hell hath no fury like a Gossip Girl fan scorned.

Follow Lorena O’Neil on Twitter for more discussion

donna

Posted at 3:14 PM on September 29, 2011

I can’t stand Dan…I want my Chuck&Blair&Baby&Doggie. Period!

Angela

Posted at 2:23 PM on September 29, 2011

Oh it is without a doubt Chuck’s baby. There is alot of baby foreshadowing for Chair. Alot of it involves DB and DS too:
Dan and Blair bonded over Rosemary’s Baby. Mia Farrow is pregnant with the Devil’s baby and Chuck is the Prince of Darkeness and Blair called him a Devil Redeemed in the episode that that picture is from.
Babies played a role in keeping both DS and CB from reuniting. Dorota’s baby made B late for the Empire State Building and Georgina’s baby kept Dan from going to France to pursue Serena.
There’s a ton more out there. I feel pretty confident Blair is carrying a baby Bass. :)

shasta

Posted at 3:45 PM on September 29, 2011

nice! except too much dan in the story. ugh.

Melissa

Posted at 2:10 PM on September 29, 2011

Yes,we REALLY do =) Chuck babies in bowties or headbands would be too cute,and just perfect.

Frederique

Posted at 1:00 PM on September 29, 2011

I love the idea of Chuck and Blair having a baby after all they have been through. They have given each other up so Blair can experience her fairytale but they will find their way back together again. Perhaps a baby will be the magnet that makes them believe in their love again? <3

Charlene Darling

Posted at 11:43 AM on September 29, 2011

I never noticed how much that picture makes it look like Blair is pregnant. That was a great choice. They look so sexy and sweet at the same time.

Charteuse Gray

Posted at 10:32 PM on September 29, 2011

Sexy and sweet. Perfect comment is perfect

Veronica

Posted at 11:12 AM on September 29, 2011

I love Chuck won poll! I hope he is baby father. Please do not let the Chuck and Blair fans down writers. Please.

Kelly Ann

Posted at 10:21 AM on September 29, 2011

LOL. There is no Chair vs Dair. Dan the Donut isn’t even in consideraton. lol

Danielle

Posted at 10:49 AM on September 29, 2011

Word. It’s a joke to even put Donut in the equation

Christiana

Posted at 9:23 AM on September 29, 2011

Recent interview of the producer of GG Josh Safran.

Safran has hinted that the shock pregnancy storyline will involve “complications”.Blair will try to hold on as best as she can alone & find that is not possible,” he said. “All of the discussions & what it means & what your options are & what you can do, all of that stuff is definitely very much in the mix.Safran also confirmed that the father is either Louis (Hugo Becker) or Chuck (Ed Westwick).

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 1:27 PM on September 29, 2011

No baby donuts! Yay!

Mel

Posted at 9:04 AM on September 29, 2011

I love that Blair is pregnant and I love that it might be Chuck’s baby!

Christiana

Posted at 7:43 AM on September 29, 2011

I made a video for the Chair fans,i hope you enjoy it /watch?v=JNq0oy6qz9k&feature=c­hannel_video_title

lola

Posted at 5:47 AM on September 29, 2011

real Dair fans dont want Dan to be this bbdaddy. Dair is a better storyline. They have dialogues, banter, scheming, heart-to-heart talks. They dont need a bb to force them together
go Chuckistan its ur bb:)))) keep celebrating the Demonspawn scab:)

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 1:29 PM on September 29, 2011

Demonspawn for the win!

Olivia

Posted at 3:08 AM on September 29, 2011

Adore the picture you chose for this article! Oh, 4×09. Those were the good old days…

Allie

Posted at 2:50 AM on September 29, 2011

I’m glad Chuck won. I bet he doesn’t even get to be in the story for his own kid. This show has gone so to hell since they decided to dare to dair. ugh

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 1:30 PM on September 29, 2011

I so agree!!

Christina

Posted at 1:23 AM on September 29, 2011

Scheming babies in bowties and headbands for the win!! :)

Anne

Posted at 12:57 AM on September 29, 2011

Of course Chuck is the father. GG needs stylish and scheming babies!

mel

Posted at 10:06 PM on September 28, 2011

Yes it’s gotta’ be Chuck’s! Got to be!

Lauren Whitley

Posted at 9:57 PM on September 28, 2011

I think Ed Westwick may have given it away when he was quoted saying something like “Chuck and Blair need to get together one day and have evil Chuck babies. Evil Chuck babies in bowties.” ;)

Lorena O Neil

Posted at 11:39 PM on September 28, 2011

Omg… LOVE that he said that.

Beth

Posted at 9:07 PM on September 28, 2011

It has to be Chuck! Blair being pregnant from Louis would be just…boring.

Anne

Posted at 8:55 PM on September 28, 2011

A Chair baby would be a dream come true. So adorable! Chuck’s got to be the father! There aren’t any other options. Any other appealing options anyway. Now all we need is a Chuck and Blair reunion. Chair ftw!!

Bea

Posted at 8:37 PM on September 28, 2011

I really really hope Chuck is the dad

Julianna

Posted at 8:13 PM on September 28, 2011

Love this! I was a huge Gossip Girl fan and then quit after Chuck slept with racoon eyes. But if Chuck and Blair have a bun in the oven I might just tune back in again. Very cute!

Melly

Posted at 8:13 PM on September 28, 2011

I am so excited that Chuck won! He clearly is the person who should be the daddy to Blair’s baby. They need to get this reunion on track.
Safran actually said it was only between Louis and Chuck so Dan is not even an option and really if he was that would be horrible. No one trumps Blair/Serena.

Elizabeth

Posted at 8:11 PM on September 28, 2011

“Editor’s note: First baby? So do her second and third go to Louis and Dan respectively?”

HA! Don’t even say it!

Q. Bee

Posted at 8:09 PM on September 28, 2011

Ohhh the old ”Chair fans cheat” argument. never gets old.

if voting more than once in polls that you can vote multiple times is cheating, I’m pretty sure A LOT of DB fans also do it.

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 2:08 AM on September 29, 2011

Nobody is “cheating.” That is one, big, lame, tired excuse. We have been watching Chair unfold since S1. Before the end of S4, Dan and Blair only had a sprinkling of scenes together. It is not shocker that most people want Chair, it’s what the show has been about. Also, Polls are fair game. These are public sites, not Chair-fans only sites. Chair wins polls where you can vote multiple times and polls where you can only vote once. Like I a said, we have been watching Chair since S1. Is really that shocking that people want to see Chair end together? I don’t think so.

Adrienne De Chair

Posted at 8:16 AM on September 29, 2011

You know they are even worse when they loose,Chair is the best and even they know it=)))) must hurt like hell=))

Q,bee

Posted at 9:40 AM on September 29, 2011

I know bb.

I was being sarcastic ;)

I’m 100% sure a lot of people do just the same,if not, worse things than what they claim Chair fans do.

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 1:36 PM on September 29, 2011

I know you were. We talk on twitter. You now that I love to illustrate my points!

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 1:37 PM on September 29, 2011

I meant Know* not now. Hate typos!!

SharonaLee

Posted at 8:05 PM on September 28, 2011

Going forth with the “Ignore the Crazy Fangirls no matter where they are from” idea..

Why do I want Chuck to be the father of Blair’s baby?
Because they’d have the most brilliant strategic minds, gorgeous brown haired/brown eyed looks and the finest bowtie and headband collections on the Eastern part of the US! It needs to happen!