Key Comments: You Guys Really, Really, REALLY Want Chuck To Be Blair's Baby Daddy!

Wed, September 28, 2011 5:55pm EDT by 112 Comments

Many of you have commented and made your opinions clear: you want Chuck Bass to be the father of Blair’s baby! But what about Dan or Louis? Read what your fellow Hollywoodlifers had to say.

We gave you a hint to why the father of Blair Waldorf‘s baby could be Chuck Bass (other than the obvious reason that starts with one and ends with night stand), and you shared your thoughts on who you wanted the Gossip Girl dad to be. Personally, I think this should be filed under the category of “Duh” but most of you are hoping for a Bass baby!

Basically the Chair-shippers will (of course) only be satisfied if Chuck is the father. They think Prince Louis is a) a guest star and b) boring so he couldn’t possibly be the dad. Which, although good points, doesn’t mean that technically Louis and Blair couldn’t have created a baby. Louis did point out in this week’s premiere that they’d spent the last few weeks in the bedroom.

Here are some of your best comments:

• Elizabeth: I’m thinking it’s a baby Bass. Louis doesn’t seem man enough to get the job done at this point. (Does he even have a spine?)
  • Megan: It better be Chuck and Blair’s baby because I need Chair babies in bow ties in bow ties or headbands either one. I will love the kid no matter if it a boy or girl
  • Laura: Chuck better be the father of Blair’s baby. I’ll be pissed if they make it Louis’s kid. Blair’s first baby should be with Chuck. Absolutely. (Editor’s note: First baby? So do her second and third go to Louis and Dan respectively?)
  • Hannah Jo: I totally agree with you that Chuck will be affected by Blair’s pregnancy either way, but being the father would be such a great incentive for him to mature and become the man his father never was. Here’s hoping!
  • Bonnie: I want it to be Chuck’s because the other options are terrible and who doesn’t want the spawn of Chuck and Blair running around!? I sure do! havoc!
  • Justina: Can you imagine? They would be super sneaky and manipulative but gorgeous too. Also filthy rich of course. They definitely need to have a baby
  • Nina: It would only make sense for it to be Chuck’s because sticking Blair with a baby from that boring prince would just be so dumb. Plus, where would the drama be?
  • harumscarum: chuck is DEFINITELY the father and not only because fate ships chair! it’s because it doesn’t make sense to get blair pregnant with a guest star that no one particularly likes and who will be gone eventually anyway.

My coworker Andy Swift would like to see Dan Humphrey as the baby daddy. And while the Chair-shippers were appalled, some fans didn’t mind the idea … although things did get heated.

• Asia: I’m a Blair fan, so as long as the Baby storyline is positive for Blair’s character development I don’t think it matters who the baby-daddy is. Saying that though, it is the Dair storyline that’s got me hooked on this show! Maybe I’m just a hopeless romantic and like the thought of the Nice guy getting the girl in the end (and prefer nice-guy Dan to the Prince). I’m sure (ex?) bad-boy Chuck has the potential to change into Mr.Right, but sadly I’m bored of the Chair R/S. So I hope this season GG will “Dare to Dair”
  • Manu: Oh, and Andy, don’t believe the poll… Chairios literally gather on boards to come up with ways to cheat on them; as I always say, they act just like their ~master~ would.
  • Vanillalatte86: Excuses, Excuses. Why does Chuck always trend when GG is on? Dan never trends. Are you suggesting we cheated there too? Are you also suggesting that Dair fans are incapable of “cheating?” Just face we win all the polls because there are more Chair fans than Dair fans.

Uh-oh it’s Chair versus Dair, although (and I’m not just saying this because I adore Chuck and Blair) the Chair fans are taking over HollywoodLife in a big way. Poor horribly-accented Louis, he’s getting no love. Watch, if he’s the dad … I don’t even want to go there. Hell hath no fury like a Gossip Girl fan scorned.

Follow Lorena O’Neil on Twitter for more discussion

Lena

Posted at 8:00 PM on September 28, 2011

It’s really sad when people think being part of GGAnons isn’t just as bad as anything CB’ers do.

like spending time just trashing people,stalking their twitters, and places they post whithout having the guts of saying who you are on FF, TWOP or Twitter is any better than what Save Chuck & Blair is doing.

Amanda

Posted at 8:13 PM on September 28, 2011

LMAO. IKR? Oh the hypocrisy. No wonder they are Dan’s fans

Charlene Darling

Posted at 11:45 AM on September 29, 2011

Hypocritical? Check
Judgmental? Check
Smug and moralizing? Check
Pseudo-intellectual? Check

It all makes sense now. They love D Humps because they are just like him!

Kristen

Posted at 8:00 PM on September 28, 2011

I’m ignoring the crazy fangirls below and commenting on the article. Chuck must be the father of Blair’s baby. The world needs more evil genius headbands or bowtie wearing people in the world.

Amanda

Posted at 8:11 PM on September 28, 2011

I totally agree. Chuck and Blair’s babies would be the best

M

Posted at 7:49 PM on September 28, 2011

In response to VanillaLatt’s comment, DB fans don’t rig polls because that’s pathetic and desperate. We sort of treat you like children who believe you’re doing something great. “Yeah! Good for you!” and then turn around and roll our eyes.

To spend the amount of time some of you do on rigging these polls (thanks to anon we’ve all seen your CRAZY strategy emails, etc) is just sad. What will become of your lives if CB don’t wind up together? Look at your life. Look at your choices!

Natalie

Posted at 7:50 PM on September 28, 2011

Again Chuck and Blair trended Monday night. You are just making yourself look REALLY stupid.

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 2:28 AM on September 29, 2011

Is that another lame excuse I hear?

Before you start judging me, you should probably take a nice long look in the mirror.

Elle

Posted at 7:45 PM on September 28, 2011

Manu was right, Chair fans cheat on polls and we have hard evidence of it. As for trending, Chuck and Blair BOTH trended Monday, and both for just a VERY short period of time.

Natalie

Posted at 7:49 PM on September 28, 2011

That’s really sad that you come on here and admit Chuck and Blair trended and are trying to discredit Chair fans because you lose all the time.Chuck and Blair ARE popular because they trended. You admitted it and that says it ALL

Kally

Posted at 8:00 PM on September 28, 2011

They both still trended. And it if you were winning said polls you wouldnt be calling them stupid. Viva la CHAIR :D

Chantal

Posted at 8:06 PM on September 28, 2011

Chuck actually trended in the United States from before the episode until after. Blair also did for periods throughout the episode. I think making up facts hurts your arguments.
Chair wins polls because they have more fans. You should just accept that instead of making up stuff about cheating.

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 2:35 AM on September 29, 2011

Oh PLEASE! Hard Evidence? Who are you, Nancy Drew?

I still stand by my statement 100% Polls are fair game, period. Unless Chair fans uploaded a virus not allowing Dair fans to vote, nobody cheated.

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 7:29 PM on September 28, 2011

Thanks for quoting me!!!

Elizabeth

Posted at 7:09 PM on September 28, 2011

That baby is a Chair baby!!!!! Can’t wait to see him/her in little bowties/headbands or both lol, now I want twins!!!! lol :P

Kimberly

Posted at 7:03 PM on September 28, 2011

atleast Chair fans can stay committed to Chuck even through all the obstacles!no one needs people switching every second!CHAIR TILL THE END!!

Adrienne De Chair

Posted at 6:58 PM on September 28, 2011

Oh and one more thing,Andy’s article was very unprofessional,speaking from a journalistic point of view;)

Melissa

Posted at 6:55 PM on September 28, 2011

I can’t wait until we get a Chair baby because there is no other option than Chuck for the father of the baby.

Hannah Jo

Posted at 6:44 PM on September 28, 2011

YAY! My comment is up there! I’m HollywoodLife famous!

I really really really really (have I mentioned really?) want Chuck to be the father. But at the end of the day, I just want whatever story will bring Chuck and Blair back together in the best way possible.

So, basically, Chuck should be the father. =P

Selene

Posted at 6:41 PM on September 28, 2011

That’s right! Chair!!! Thanks for this article!! Love them so much!!

Steph

Posted at 6:29 PM on September 28, 2011

The baby is Chucks!

Adrienne De Chair

Posted at 6:28 PM on September 28, 2011

Love the article sweetie:D Finally someone makes sence:)) Ofc Chuck is the baby’s daddy,he has the best swimmers ever:D I’m really anxious to see the baby already,just imagining his/her parents i can already picture the cutest baby ever:D xoxo

Jaz

Posted at 6:25 PM on September 28, 2011

Yeah, Chair fans are awesome like that. Just my biased opinion, lol. We really , really, REALLY want Chuck to be Blair’s baby daddy and for him to be involved in this story line. Can’t say that the premiere got me excited and I do hope that the focus will shift back to Chuck and Blair sooner than later.

Alyssa

Posted at 6:25 PM on September 28, 2011

Of course we want a Chair baby.. Who has more consistent feelings on this show other than Chuck and Blair? they/we deserve their happy ending with their little babies after all those obstacles on their and our path..

Isa

Posted at 6:21 PM on September 28, 2011

I want Chuck to be the father too! Love Chuck and Blair and hope this will be a good story for them!

Q. Bee

Posted at 6:20 PM on September 28, 2011

If Louis is the father would be one hell of a boring storyline.
And there would be no reason for Blair to hide it.

If it’s Chuck’s it would be the perfect timing considering this season he season he is supposed to grow up.

Laura

Posted at 6:16 PM on September 28, 2011

Shipper goggles aside, I just can’t see Louis or Dan as the father. Louis, because it would lake all drama and scandal (and what do the creators care about if not for those things?). And Dan because him sleeping with her would mean that they both flat out lied to Serena about their relationship. At least for now, Blair’s feelings for him are purely platonic.

Crystal

Posted at 6:20 PM on September 28, 2011

True. It would be boring if Louis was the baby daddy. As for Dan, not only would it mean Blair had lied but that’s something like 20 months pregnant! LOL She’s not an elephant. Do the math folks!

Prinnie

Posted at 6:13 PM on September 28, 2011

I think the fans have spoken! I actually think the drop in ratings is directly related to all these obstacles Chair keeps getting. Hopefully Chuck will be a huge part of the baby storyline and not kept in the dark about the paternity.

Jen

Posted at 12:27 AM on September 29, 2011

The drop in the ratings is because the show is boring. Casual viewers could care less about ships. It’s only the crazies who go online and start campaigns, have secret forums aside from their other secret forums, and tweet the writers every hour.

I grew sick of Chuck and Blair after she went up to his uncle. Dan is boring too and so is Louis. I want Blair and Serena at this point.

Cathleen

Posted at 12:13 PM on September 29, 2011

The show was boring because they took apart the entire show to do Dan and Blair and stuck Chuck, Serena and Nate with guest stars. It was one of the shortest sighted things the writers have ever done. Not smart at all.

Mel

Posted at 6:09 PM on September 28, 2011

I love this and I love Chair! I definitely want them to have a baby together- the love that those two have for each other deserves it.

Bonnie

Posted at 6:12 PM on September 28, 2011

It has to be Chuck! Boy’s got the only resources to break through Waldorf walls!

Sandra

Posted at 6:07 PM on September 28, 2011

Of course we do! The world of TV needs more Chucks and Blairs!

Claire

Posted at 6:05 PM on September 28, 2011

Of course it has to be Chuck’s baby. Chuck and Blair’s forever. And LOL about Dan being the father. I didn’t know we can get pregnant with a kiss. I better be careful next time I kiss my boyfriend.

Katie

Posted at 6:04 PM on September 28, 2011

We do indeed. Plus, you know Chuck’s got some powerful sperm.

Caitlin

Posted at 6:03 PM on September 28, 2011

Haha. Of course we want Chuck to be the father of her children. He’s the love of her life! That’s who she should make babies with. Not the guys who are second best.

Danielle

Posted at 6:15 PM on September 28, 2011

Second best (Louis) or not even in the running (D). lol. Blair has been pretty clear that Chuck is number one for her. Wasn’t he even Number 1 on her Speed Dial according to last season’s finale? lol

Megan

Posted at 6:02 PM on September 28, 2011

I truly love you! My Chair shipper heart loves reading this article and you, my friend, are great!