Key Comments: You Guys Really, Really, REALLY Want Chuck To Be Blair's Baby Daddy!

Wed, September 28, 2011 5:55pm EDT by 112 Comments

Many of you have commented and made your opinions clear: you want Chuck Bass to be the father of Blair’s baby! But what about Dan or Louis? Read what your fellow Hollywoodlifers had to say.

We gave you a hint to why the father of Blair Waldorf‘s baby could be Chuck Bass (other than the obvious reason that starts with one and ends with night stand), and you shared your thoughts on who you wanted the Gossip Girl dad to be. Personally, I think this should be filed under the category of “Duh” but most of you are hoping for a Bass baby!

Basically the Chair-shippers will (of course) only be satisfied if Chuck is the father. They think Prince Louis is a) a guest star and b) boring so he couldn’t possibly be the dad. Which, although good points, doesn’t mean that technically Louis and Blair couldn’t have created a baby. Louis did point out in this week’s premiere that they’d spent the last few weeks in the bedroom.

Here are some of your best comments:

• Elizabeth: I’m thinking it’s a baby Bass. Louis doesn’t seem man enough to get the job done at this point. (Does he even have a spine?)
  • Megan: It better be Chuck and Blair’s baby because I need Chair babies in bow ties in bow ties or headbands either one. I will love the kid no matter if it a boy or girl
  • Laura: Chuck better be the father of Blair’s baby. I’ll be pissed if they make it Louis’s kid. Blair’s first baby should be with Chuck. Absolutely. (Editor’s note: First baby? So do her second and third go to Louis and Dan respectively?)
  • Hannah Jo: I totally agree with you that Chuck will be affected by Blair’s pregnancy either way, but being the father would be such a great incentive for him to mature and become the man his father never was. Here’s hoping!
  • Bonnie: I want it to be Chuck’s because the other options are terrible and who doesn’t want the spawn of Chuck and Blair running around!? I sure do! havoc!
  • Justina: Can you imagine? They would be super sneaky and manipulative but gorgeous too. Also filthy rich of course. They definitely need to have a baby
  • Nina: It would only make sense for it to be Chuck’s because sticking Blair with a baby from that boring prince would just be so dumb. Plus, where would the drama be?
  • harumscarum: chuck is DEFINITELY the father and not only because fate ships chair! it’s because it doesn’t make sense to get blair pregnant with a guest star that no one particularly likes and who will be gone eventually anyway.

My coworker Andy Swift would like to see Dan Humphrey as the baby daddy. And while the Chair-shippers were appalled, some fans didn’t mind the idea … although things did get heated.

• Asia: I’m a Blair fan, so as long as the Baby storyline is positive for Blair’s character development I don’t think it matters who the baby-daddy is. Saying that though, it is the Dair storyline that’s got me hooked on this show! Maybe I’m just a hopeless romantic and like the thought of the Nice guy getting the girl in the end (and prefer nice-guy Dan to the Prince). I’m sure (ex?) bad-boy Chuck has the potential to change into Mr.Right, but sadly I’m bored of the Chair R/S. So I hope this season GG will “Dare to Dair”
  • Manu: Oh, and Andy, don’t believe the poll… Chairios literally gather on boards to come up with ways to cheat on them; as I always say, they act just like their ~master~ would.
  • Vanillalatte86: Excuses, Excuses. Why does Chuck always trend when GG is on? Dan never trends. Are you suggesting we cheated there too? Are you also suggesting that Dair fans are incapable of “cheating?” Just face we win all the polls because there are more Chair fans than Dair fans.

Uh-oh it’s Chair versus Dair, although (and I’m not just saying this because I adore Chuck and Blair) the Chair fans are taking over HollywoodLife in a big way. Poor horribly-accented Louis, he’s getting no love. Watch, if he’s the dad … I don’t even want to go there. Hell hath no fury like a Gossip Girl fan scorned.

Follow Lorena O’Neil on Twitter for more discussion

Meg

Posted at 8:19 AM on October 19, 2011

How can the baby be Dan’s when Blair didn’t even sleep with him! I want it to be Chucks for obvious reasons!! Dan should get back together with serena or georgina, Whatever I dont care!

Tsitsi

Posted at 4:16 PM on October 9, 2011

Chuck!!chuck:-chair ol e way!!!or else its war lol

Catherine

Posted at 1:02 PM on October 6, 2011

Of course it’s Chuck’s baby. I just wonder how long we’ll have to wait to find out. :(

Jessica

Posted at 9:42 PM on October 5, 2011

Chair fans rock! We are loyal to the bone.

Dana

Posted at 1:23 PM on October 6, 2011

Word. We will ship Chuck and Blair through thick and thin.

Yasmin

Posted at 3:41 PM on October 11, 2011

Damn straight girlfriend!

Kayla

Posted at 2:12 PM on October 5, 2011

Chuck will be the daddy. There is crazy foreshadowing of them having a baby together. The show just needs to reunite them. Every time they try to put them with others whether it be Eva, Raina, Louis or douchy Dan, the chemistry does not match up. Chuck and Blair have the greatest chemistry and Ed and Leighton are the best actors. Gossip Girl isn’t as good when they aren’t interacting.

Shannon

Posted at 3:29 PM on October 5, 2011

Yes to everything you wrote. We haven’t had a Chuck and Blair scene yet but I think the baby connects them. I hope this doesn’t go on too long. I’m tired of Gossip Girl without Chuck and Blair scenes. It is so dull without them.

christina

Posted at 8:35 PM on October 4, 2011

I think in Blair’s baby is Chuck’s baby because of 4 reason.
1. They(the producers) are going to give the people what they want.
2.The baby will clam chuck down cause he is crazy.
3.That would b a pretty baby.
4.They (Blair and chuck) will always make should that baby is always best dress.
p.s. I think they need a girl.

Tammy Ronette

Posted at 2:22 AM on October 2, 2011

This is the first story to excite me on GG in a long time. Cannot wait to see how this plays out! Fingers crossed it leads back to Chuck and Blair

Chelsea

Posted at 6:39 PM on October 2, 2011

I feel the same. This story is the reason I came back to Gossip Girl!

Shannon

Posted at 3:28 PM on October 5, 2011

Me three. I came back to Gossip Girl when I found out Blair was pregnant. I thought it might happen when I saw the pregnancy test in the trashbasket in the finale but I thought it might be Dorota or Eleanor’s test. But someone pointed out it was wrapped up in purple paper! I should have known it was Chuck and Blair’s baby. :)

Maggie

Posted at 2:05 AM on October 2, 2011

I want Chuck to be the father just like most people. Some think it wouldn’t be suprising but you know what would be? If Blair had the baby. That would be shocking and in my opinion at least very very cool!

Cali

Posted at 1:20 AM on October 2, 2011

Chuck must be the daddy :))

Leslie

Posted at 11:44 PM on October 1, 2011

I disagree with the idea it would be great to see the nice guy Dan win the girl in the end. Dan always wins the girl. I think if the writers wanted to get us to root for the nice guy they should have made Nate the other guy in the triangle because he’s lost a few times.

I don’t care who they pair Blair with I’ll still root for Chuck to be the guy she needs and to win her heart back. I think the baby could have a really profound impact on Chuck and make him become that man.

Holly

Posted at 3:08 PM on October 9, 2011

I totally agree, would love to see the maturing, I think Ed could do a fantastic job with this storyline.

Melanie

Posted at 11:17 PM on October 1, 2011

“Fate ships Chair!”

True! Fate brought them both to Paris. Fate brought a baby into their lives after they let one another go.
Chuck had a great line about fate from last season: “If two people are meant to be together they’ll find their way back.”

I know this is the season why find their way back together again.

Rafi

Posted at 10:31 PM on October 1, 2011

Of course Chuck should be the baby daddy. I’ll be very dissapointed if he isn’t. It’s the least the Chuck and Blair fans deserve after all the torture the writers have put us through. lol

Dora

Posted at 8:41 PM on October 1, 2011

I love that so many people voted for Chuck. Louis is sweet but that would be a boring turn in the story. Dan being the daddy would be gross and ridiculous.

Blake

Posted at 1:45 AM on October 1, 2011

Count me with the majority that wants Chuck to be the baby daddy. I think it could be just what Chuck needs to really grow up. Its weird but I actually think he would be a good father and I am certain Blair would be a good mother. She is fiercely loyal and protective and she knows how to give unconditional love. So I think they would make great parents.

Tina

Posted at 3:53 PM on September 30, 2011

I want to see Chuck and Blair become a family this season. They are young that is true. But not teenagers anymore. Chuck has adult job responsibilities and both are wealthy. It would not be crazy for them to have and keep a child at this time. The big problem is their perssonal relationship has issues. But they still love each other which is key.

Verona

Posted at 2:19 PM on September 30, 2011

I don’t think the Dair fans are silent at all. It’s just that the Chair fans are being loud again. People seriously underestimate how many Chair fans left the fandom after the writers decided to destroy them over a two year period (I have no idea why the CW would allow them to screw around so badly with the one breakout, signature couple of a series but it is what it is.)

Plus, alot of Dair fans I know only want them together for a little bit and want her to go back to Chuck eventually. Others don’t even want them romantic. They love thier friendship. Those types of Dair fans would never want her pregnant with Dan’s baby.

All Chair fans at least want them together romantically and as endgame (although a few don’t want Blair pregnant right now). Here is the thing though: They would never say “As long as she’s not pregnant with X’s baby I’ll be OK.”
I actually think alot of Dair fans aren’t even pro-Dair as much as they are anti-Chuck and that’s totally the fault of the writers. They didn’t sell their new couple so much as they destroyed the male lead in their old one for some people. That’s pretty sad.

Chair fans are simply pro-Chair. Love is a better motivator than hate any day of the week.

Alisha

Posted at 12:39 PM on September 30, 2011

I really think there are WAAAYYYY more DAIR shippers out there than are speaking up. I really hope this baby is Dan’s somehow. (something happened that we did not see) I heard about Safran saying that it was not Dan’s but have not found the article. If it is not Dan’s baby, I really hope for Louis. Anything to get her AWAY from Chuck. Chuck and blair have grown up and apart. They should not be together.

Shelley Ann

Posted at 1:36 PM on September 30, 2011

Digital Spy definitely reports that Safran said the baby is either Chuck’s or Louis’s. I think it’s in the article where they talk about Blair having complications from her pregnancy.

I want the baby to be Chuck’s and I want to see Chuck and Blair rebuilt and for Dan to either get with Serena, visit Vanessa in Barcelona or jump off a bridge. I’m sick of the Dan pimping that goes on but maybe this season will be different and he’ll finally be shown as someone with flaws. But no matter what they do with Dan I just want him away from Blair. I think that pairing has been terrible for the show overall. I hate how the only main characters allowed to interact last season in the second half was Dan and Blair. Chuck, Blair and Serena were stuck in crappy storylines while they pimped out Dair. They got their shot. They have a fanbase but they aren’t worth destorying the show over so I hope they get nice, respectful closure this season and the writers go back to rebuilding Chair and either Serenate or Derena.

Rafi

Posted at 10:33 PM on October 1, 2011

There is no debate. “Dan you are not the father!” *Maury voice* lol

Molly

Posted at 11:30 AM on September 30, 2011

All those comments make me love CBers even more. You guys are awesome. Of course the baby is Chuck’s and Louis is out of equation. He should grow a pair first!

maria restrepo

Posted at 10:09 AM on September 30, 2011

CHUCK! ONLY CHUCK!!!

Anya

Posted at 12:16 AM on September 30, 2011

Aren’t we CBers kind of awesome? The baby HAS to be Chuck’s.

Darlee

Posted at 8:21 PM on September 29, 2011

Does anyone else think there is a chance Blair has the baby? I wonder because the writers said we’d find out the daddy before the first half of the season is over. That makes me think she’ll stay pregnant.

Ellen

Posted at 9:38 PM on September 29, 2011

Me! I’m excited by it. I know alot of people say babies ruin shows but I don’t agree. I think it oculd make the show even better. I also think it would be incredible in terms of character development for both Chuck and Blair. Chuck even more than Blair but Blair too.

heather ann

Posted at 11:02 PM on September 29, 2011

wow. you think so? i thought for sure shed lose the baby. do you know something?

Guest

Posted at 3:05 AM on October 3, 2011

Gossip Girl is big on foreshadowing.

They’re showing Chuck taking care of a dog. The dog could foreshadow a baby.

We’ve also seen set videos and pictures of Chuck and Blair being tied together by the dog’s leash.

It is possible that they could be foreshadowing Chuck and Blair being tied together by a baby.

Maureen Murphy

Posted at 12:19 AM on September 30, 2011

I think Josh Safran said it would be a lighter season and Blair having an abortion doesn’t sound very light so I guess it’s possible.

Sheena

Posted at 5:47 PM on September 30, 2011

Blair having a miscarriage doesn’t sound very light either. So there is some hope that the baby makes it.

Jacqueline

Posted at 5:37 PM on September 29, 2011

I’ll admit up front that I have a bias for Chuck and Blair. But I have to say something about the comment “like the thought of the Nice guy getting the girl in the end (and prefer nice-guy Dan to the Prince).”
I’m kind of the same way but Dan always gets the girl. So it would be pretty much standard issue if Dan got Blair too. Serena and Vanessa fell in love with him. He had a romantic relationship with Olivia. Georgina, Ivy, Nelli Yuki, that girl from NYU and probably others I cannot remember have all had crushes on him. It’s hard for me to root for Dan given that history. Plus he is always the one that breaks up with them. Dan winning is nothing new. Dan not getting the girl would be pretty fresh and unique. He’s the anti-Lonely Boy.
I’m not saying Chuck deserves Blair. He has to grow up and then at least try to make up for the things he’s done. But even though his money can buy him any whore or bimbo he wants, he’s more of a Lonely Boy than Dan is. What I’d like to see is Chuck finally earn Blair’s love and for them to reunite.. with their baby.

Jenna

Posted at 4:39 PM on September 29, 2011

Heck yeah we want it to be Chuck’s. Chuck and Blair are soul mates!