Bristol Palin's Heckler Issues An Apology! Now We Think It's Her Turn!

Wed, September 28, 2011 11:54am EDT by 20 Comments

So far, Bristol has only denied that her remark was homophobic. That’s not enough!

Remember that heated encounter between Bristol Palin and a heckler at Saddle Ranch last week? The one where he called her mom, Sarah Palin, a “whore” and “the devil,” to which Bristol replied, “Is that because you’re a homosexual?” Well, her heckler Stephen Hanks has decided to apologize. But should he really be the only one?

“I have come to the conclusion that no matter what my feelings are towards Sarah Palin, I should not have expressed them towards her daughter, Bristol Palin,” Stephen said Sept. 27 in a statement. “I am very passionate about politics, and believe in equality for all Americans. … I expressed my feelings in an improper manner in the heat of the moment, and allowed my emotions to get the better of me.”

OK, fair. We agree that Stephen was right to apologize for using that kind of language, unprovoked, against Bristol. But we also think she should have to apologize to him for the way she responded.

Two wrongs don’t make a right, Bristol! We’re sure your mother would agree.

Need a refresher on Bristol and Stephen’s war of words? Watch the footage below, then vote:

Loading video...

vilar

Posted at 5:34 PM on July 8, 2012

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I’m hoping to present one thing again and help others like you helped me.

variasi mobil

Posted at 3:57 PM on June 12, 2012

I’ve been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website. Reading this information So i am happy to show that I have an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I so much unquestionably will make sure to do not fail to remember this website and provides it a glance on a continuing basis.

Michelle

Posted at 5:30 PM on February 21, 2012

Bristol went up to the man and he continued to say mean things about her mother. Her comment to him was hurtful to him, basically showing him how it feels when you say hurtful things. She had a lot of emotion because it was her mother she was defending and the man clearly had spoke with his emotion because he clearly was under the influence. Bad situation.

crosshr

Posted at 4:29 AM on April 5, 2012

I would slap the snot out of his deal brain cell. I know he was looking for serious arse wooping. Glad Bristol did not waste her valuable energy on scums like this girl wannabe !

Spazz

Posted at 8:11 AM on January 11, 2012

The guy demonstrated clearly that he was an imbecile and retard to begin with. He had no right to be indecent. Regardless of the fact what Sarah Palin is and did in her tenure. And I strongly believe her daughter had a right to confront such a stupid man appropriately. I don’t think she should apologize. If I was in her place I would not. If she wasn’t a known figure I am sure she has a right to slap the man. If I was in her place I would slap him twice. Good job Bristol. When it comes to defending family, No decent man or woman should keep quiet. Its your own blood. Its you.

tooler

Posted at 9:33 AM on April 9, 2012

i have to laugh when a bristol (and probably republican or pahilin supporter) calls the man indecent oh yeah and calls him a retard……i will copy and paste that again ..calls the man INDECENT oh yeah and calls him a RETARD. do you see what i do..either this person is dumb as sh#t to not see it themselves or does the predicted do as i say but not as i do stance. either way i see pahlin fans time and time again acting this way. be abstinent, while i f@#k away and have nannies take care of my kids. or lets limit gov control but also give the government power to keep gays from serving, being married, having kids etc….and the famous i am a soccer mom, now give me a sec as i go on a 15000 dollar shopping spree on rodeo drive. accusin levi of just wanting fame (he does) while quitting her job as governer to go on her million dollars book deal tour…hmmmm

Kelly Joanne Cannon

Posted at 11:32 PM on September 29, 2011

To the Kentuckian’s posts above, and below my recent posts, no, you’re obviously the disturbed individual here who needs professional help, and not me because you’d only defend Bristol, and Sarah Palin, is all, no matter what they do, your being ignorant, and brainwashed by them is all, your definitely being homophobic yourself. It’s sad that people like you are still under her spell. She’s still just coyly game-playing more so than actual doing for money, and control, is all regarding whether or not, she’ll run for President of our country for 2012 as if no other Americans exist, again, except for her, and her family. That’s it. She doesn’t care at all about the rest of us Americans one bit. I ‘ll never be afraid of Sarah Palin, ever again, no matter what, though. I’ll always just stand up tall to her is all. Overall, especially, I’ll never believe another single word that comes out of her, or Bristol’s mouth, either. They’ve just played, and lied too much, especially Sarah, meaning it’s just way, way too late for her to ever be an honest, dependable, ethical, non-wishy-washy or trustworthy leader or President of the US, next year, or ever. Boy, I adamantly, and very firmly mean that, too. Oh boy, I do mean it.

Kentuckian

Posted at 7:19 PM on September 29, 2011

The writer of this article is obviously another left-wing nut. Bristol should not apologise for defending her mother and herself. A loud-mouthed left-wing homosexual is to blame for this incident. Don,t try to turn it around, and try to blame Bristol for doing what any red-blooded American would do,confront anyone who called their mother a whore. Bristol has great self-control for not slapping his hateful face off. The Hollywood Reporter has just lowered itself to millions of people. With writing like this it won,t be long before they lose all their credibility.

Kelly Joanne Cannon

Posted at 3:42 PM on September 29, 2011

I just bet, speaking directly through my writing towards the homophobic Republicans, and the extremely hateful homophobics, in our country, if Bristol had walked up to this gay man, and just impulsively insulted him, if it were the other way around, they’d be congratulating her is all. Very sad how they’d defend her behavior no matter what because of their own prejudice towards gays. The unethicly cruel, and dishonest way Sarah Palin, and Bristol have been behaving lately, was, and is very wrong, too. I don’t defend it at all, not in the least, and never will at all, either. It certainly bluntly showed, once more, how very unfit, and wrong Sarah Palin would be as President of our country, next year, or ever. Oh, and by the way, it also definitely was very wrong, and sad for people to make bullyish death threats towards this gay man, too. I’d never, ever do something as cruel, and low as that towards anyone, no matter how angry I was with them, or hated them. At least, this guy apologized, taking full responsibility for his actions. People who don’t ever do that, and act like that’s just little, and weak to, are the real cowards is all.

Kentuckian

Posted at 7:31 PM on September 29, 2011

Kelly, You are obviously a very disturbed individual. You have proven with your many posts here,that you need professional help.

Charlie X

Posted at 2:51 AM on September 30, 2011

This racist homosexual deserves no apology.

Rick Patel

Posted at 3:02 PM on September 29, 2011

Bristol Palin has nothing to apologize for. She stood tall and defended herself from a screaming hater in a bar full of cowards.

Kelly Joanne Cannon

Posted at 4:32 PM on September 28, 2011

Oh, and Stephen, this message is also to Bristol, and Sarah Palin, supporting you, Stephen Hanks, not them at all, just you, and myself, and many others who know Bristol, and Sarah’s true nasty, corrupt colors, and despise them for them, when you lie to attempt hurting, and controlling other people, and promote wrongminded, unethicly cruel, and violent ideals, don’t expect some others to just keep believing what you say, even when you want them to. They’ll eventually just become wise to you, and your lies, and furthermore realize that they also just don’t have to believe what you say anymore at all.

Kelly Joanne Cannon

Posted at 3:02 PM on September 28, 2011

What’s more, Stephen Hanks, please also remember that standing up to Bristol, and Sarah Palin verbally, it’s certainly not as if you confronted/hurt Bristol physically, never even touched her, or threatened to hurt her, or Sarah physically at all. Uh-uh. Thus, you broke no law at all, dude. Please believe that because it’s just truth. In addition, Stephen, your American free speech matters, too, just as much as anyone else’s does. That’s another very wrong, and dishonest thing Bristol, and Sarah have been doing lately. Acting as if no one else’s free speech, or written free speech matters or should matter. Believe me, also, when I say firmly, and adamantly, that’s a big lie, and has been nothing but very wrong, and evil on their part, meaning again, both Sarah, and Bristol’s, is all. Hey, what goes around just always comes right back around, Sarah, and Bristol. Always. Remember that. And Stephen Hanks, just always remember that you are a good person, and man, not a bad, or lower one at all in any way. You’re also a stronger, and better person than either one of them, too, regarding your current responsibility, and apology. And you have NOTHING to feel bad about or ashamed of in the least, ever, about being a homosexual. Please, always, remember that, too. Your friend, very warm hugs, to you, and wishing you great happiness blessings from God, now, and always, and great health, now, and always, Very Sincerely, liberal, always, and always telling it like it is, too, Kelly Joanne Cannon

Amanda G

Posted at 2:57 AM on September 30, 2011

Stephen Hanks is a racist.

Of course, most homosexuals are. THey hate that the black community sees them for what they really are and despises them for it.

Kelly Joanne Cannon

Posted at 2:35 PM on September 28, 2011

I’m here to soothingly, firmly, and adamantly state to Stephen Hanks that his apology definitely doesn’t make him a weaker person in comparison to Bristol, and Sarah Palin. It makes him a much stronger person, and in God’s eyes, too, than they are. They’ve both played, and provoked nothing but stupidly bigotedly, dangerously, unethicly, dishonestly, and rudely with absolutely no regard to anyone else’s feelings other than their own, and their family, as if no one else exists at all, and they’ve been doing so for a very long time, now. Have either one of them taken responsibility for their actions or apologized, once? No way. Thus, neither one of them are fit to judge him, as if he’s nothing but a lower thing, and not a person, too, with real feelings.

crosshr

Posted at 4:23 AM on April 5, 2012

you are a freak from out of this world

Jack Smalls

Posted at 2:11 PM on September 28, 2011

I really don’t think that Bristol should apologize for defending her mother. She did NOTHING wrong.

Liz

Posted at 10:04 PM on September 28, 2011

Of course she did. She should have stuck with asking him to defend his statement with real world examples that backed up his statement. Instead she used an age old, immature, and homophic reaction meant to attack his manhood by accussing him of being a homosexual… the inference being that is an insult to be a homosexual. That WAS wrong and was especially wrong for someone that hopes to be perceived as a future leader and mentor (e.g., Candies Foundation spokes person, etc). Instead she proved she no better than an average drunk in a bar.

Cindy

Posted at 12:27 PM on September 28, 2011

If the ‘reporters’ at Hollywoodlife had any notion that real reporting is based on gathering facts they would have discovered that Bristol released a statement on Facebook last night. And despite your constant spin, there is no need for her to apologize.

Speaking of apologies…when is your ‘reporter’ (who didn’t hide behind the byline ‘HL staff’) going to apologize to Ms. Rettie for fabricating her quotes using her name and organization to mislead the readers about the bullying issue? Shame on you and this website. Please answer her request and delete that article.