I Want Dan To Be The Father Of Blair's Baby On 'Gossip Girl!'

Tue, September 27, 2011 2:40pm EDT by 107 Comments

Call me a sucker for a good twist, but I think a ‘Dair’ baby is exactly what this show needs!

After last night’s game-changing season premiere, Gossip Girl fans worldwide are playing a feverish game of Pin the Tail on the Baby Daddy. But while most seem certain that Blair (Leighton Meester) is either carrying the spawn of Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick) or the royal seed of Prince Louis (Hugo Becker), allow me to propose a third potential baby planter — Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley)!

Not only would a “Dair” baby throw a total wrench in the Upper East Side, giving this show its most mind-blowing twist ever, but it would also reinforce my firm belief that Dan and Blair’s two worlds can successfully come together as one. Of course, it’s also possible I watched The Little Mermaid one too many times as a kid. (If a mer-person and a man-person can make a baby, anyone can, damn it!)

So how would such a pregnancy be possible, you ask? After all, was it not Chuck Bass we saw porking Blair Waldorf on last season’s (pun intended) climactic finale? Of course it was — but that’s where the magic of “flashbacks” comes in. Wouldn’t it be a killer twist if, later on this season, we learn that Chuck wasn’t the only guy Blair slept with?

Let’s be honest: if a girl is willing to stoop so low as to cheat on her prince fiancé with a baby raccoon like Chuck Bass, I certainly wouldn’t be surprised to find out she also slept with Dan.

OK, that officially ends my rant for the day and now it’s your turn to direct your crazy at me. Who do you think knocked up Blair Waldorf — and more importantly, who do you hope knocked up Blair Waldorf?

— Andy Swift

Click here to follow (or yell at) Andy on Twitter

JJ

Posted at 4:25 PM on October 4, 2011

If it’s a dair baby i will stop watching gossip girl (and i am deadly serious!). I waited all last 4 chair 2 get back 2gether and it almost happened, it was so close!. It has to be Chair baby because no 1- Blair said she didn’t have feelings for dan, no 2- it would be the most amazingly cute baby with Chair genes and no 3- chair are meant 2 be 2gether!. And FYI dair shippers not all girls who like chuck date bad boys (i don’t). Some may just like chuck because he’s sexier than Dan! Chair 4 eva!

Jenny

Posted at 5:17 PM on September 30, 2011

i like dan and chuck so i dont really care whos the father as long as its either of them and yah i do like chuck more but i have soft spot for dan!

L. E.

Posted at 2:36 PM on September 30, 2011

Actually, the original Safran article confirming the paternity of Blair’s baby as Chuck or Louis appeared on E! Online. The Digital Spy based part of their follow-up article from the E! Online article. But, Safran has confirmed that it is either Chuck or Louis’ baby on multiple sources at this point. But, we ALL know it’s CHUCK’s because CHAIR is DESTINY & Baby Bass is FATE!!! Some might chose to deny it, but it’s true & all will be revealed VERY soon!!! Chuck&Blair & their Bass Family is KISMET!!!

CB=DESTINY=ENDGAME!!!

Jamey

Posted at 5:01 PM on September 29, 2011

DAIR is the best and most realistic couple on this show. Their chemistry is raw and pure. Chair is LAME! I agree that most Chair shippers are likley girls who end up dating bad boy (some of who are abusive and demeaning). Please let Blair end up with Dan. She deserves goodness in her life. She deserves to fall intimately in love with lonely boy! LOVE THE ARTICLE AND THE POSSIBILITY!!!

R

Posted at 8:11 PM on October 4, 2011

yes!! i love dan + blair!!!

Leigh

Posted at 11:47 AM on September 29, 2011

CB & BABY BASS FTW!!! Chuck&Blair=DESTINY=ENDGAME!!!

Christiana

Posted at 9:26 AM on September 29, 2011

For those who believe Dan is the father here is the answear:
Recent interview of the producer of GG Josh Safran.

Safran has hinted that the shock pregnancy storyline will involve “complications”.Blair will try to hold on as best as she can alone & find that is not possible,” he said. “All of the discussions & what it means & what your options are & what you can do, all of that stuff is definitely very much in the mix.SAFRAN ALSO CONFIRMED THAT THE FATHER IS EITHER LUIS (HUGO BECKER) OR CHUCK (ED WESTWICK).

atm

Posted at 3:24 AM on October 1, 2011

show me the exact article where safran says exactly that either louis or chuck is the father

CHAIRLover

Posted at 12:42 AM on October 5, 2011

OK, here are 3 separate sources where Safran confirms it is either Chuck or Louis’ baby. There are others as well.

Safran teases pregnancy “complications” http://bit.ly/onZOXW #GG

First Comes Baby in a Baby Carriage: After weeks of speculation, it was revealed that Dorota (Zuzanna Szadkowski) and Blair (Leighton Meester) are pregnant. Man, that it going to be one hormonal penthouse! While there was some confusion as to whether or not Dorota was covering for Blair, executive producer Josh Safran confirms that everyone’s favorite housekeeper is “actually pregnant.” The father of Dorota’s child is obviously no mystery (what up, Vanya?!), but the identity of Blair’s baby daddy has yet to be revealed. It’s either Prince Louis (Hugo Becker) or Chuck (Ed Westwick), and Safran says, “The audience will learn who the father is in the first half of the season.” Either way, he also teases that, “Blair’s pregnancy will definitely impact Chuck in a major way.”

Tanya

Posted at 9:26 PM on September 28, 2011

LOL! No. The entire show is cemented around Chuck and Blair, while Dan has been busy falling in love with each girl on the show Chuck has stayed constant despite the 2 for 1 special last season it’s always been about Blair for him and Blair’s #1 choice has always been Chuck. Dan has been used as a cheap way to stir things up and it’s quite honestly been more damaging to his character than anything. Chair specifically slept together at the end of last season to scandalize the royal wedding with a Baby Bass spawn, nothing more and nothing less. I think it’s best you keep your ideas under the sea.

DAIR WORSHIPPER

Posted at 8:23 PM on September 28, 2011

I love Dan and Blair! Chair shippers are most likely girls who want an abusive boy in their life. They want to get a good beating emotionally, physically, and mentally. Chair shippers are pathetic. Nice guys always win in the end.

Dani

Posted at 9:16 PM on September 28, 2011

As if Blair were Mother Theresa. They’re evil, that’s why they belong together.

Christiana

Posted at 10:32 AM on September 29, 2011

Nice guys always win in the end? And Dan is a nice guy? He is a nerd!!

paloma

Posted at 5:32 PM on September 28, 2011

I can’t stand the idea of Dan being the Daddy from Blair’s baby. If this happens I’m quiting GossipGirl for ever and for good.
I have taken a lot, the Jenny thing, the Raina thing, the eva thing, 2 awful and sad season finale (season 3 and 4) that if this possibility comes true I’m done with the show.
And also I’m huge CHAIR shipper, I know GG writers, they have been betraying a lot to the Chair fans, so, it will not surprise me if this comes true. They screw the good thing over Chuck and Blair and insist over the Dan issue. So, the only thinh here is that I know, me and millions of fans we’ll be stop watching Gossip Girl if the Dan storie continues and worst if for some twisted stupid reason, he become the Dad from Blair’s child.

nellie

Posted at 1:42 PM on September 28, 2011

It’s possible its dans… But I seriously doubt it’s Louis’. There’s no proof that those two have even had a conjugal visit, have they even kissed? I think that it would be “improper” for them to have a baby pre-wedding, and Louis would have done anything to prevent that from happening.

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 2:55 PM on September 28, 2011

When Dan and Blair have a conjugal visit?

Oh wait, they didn’t!

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:52 PM on September 28, 2011

lol I will quote my favorite line from 30 Rock:

“I must be in Horse-ville, because I’m surrounded by nay-sayers!”

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 5:19 PM on September 28, 2011

Just stating the truth.

You know you love me!

Sabi

Posted at 12:14 PM on September 28, 2011

Dair baby??? HAHAHAHAH NO. JUST. NO.

Christiana

Posted at 12:30 PM on September 28, 2011

lol that was my reaction too jejejejejehahaha

Christiana

Posted at 11:45 AM on September 28, 2011

1- Blair took the pregnancy test before the summer vacation with the Prince, 2-she is 6 weeks pregnant, 3- the director said that in the show passed 6 weeks from the last episode to the new season , 4- Chuck and Blair had sex before the summer vacation(in the last episode,which means 6 weeks before)5 – The Prince is a guest star and i don’t think there is a point to be the father,5- If the Prince was the father then why Blair seems so worried about it and why she didn’t tell him?.

G&A with Josh Safran producer of Gossip Girl

What does this new maybe-Bass baby mean for Chuck and Blair?

Josh wouldn’t reveal whether Chuck or Louis are the father of Blair’s baby, but he did give us a little hint. “Blair’s pregnancy will definitely impact Chuck in a big way,” teased Josh.

When the interviewer ask him about the paternity he mention only Chuck and Louis:Josh wouldn’t reveal whether Chuck or Louis are the father of Blair’s baby,he did not even mention Dan,So there is no way Dan is the father.
So i think is obvious that Chuck is the daddy.

Do you agree with me?

harumscarum

Posted at 11:20 AM on September 28, 2011

dair baby wouldn’t be a twist. it would be impossible. because you need to actually HAVE SEX with someone, and not just daydream about it, to impregnate her.

it’s a baby bass for sure.

Talia

Posted at 9:15 AM on September 28, 2011

Congrats on egging the Chair fandom into giving you hits. You’d never get an article just on Dan and Blair to get this many hits. Nice job on taking advantage of the fact the Chair fans outnumber the Dair fans. Smart trolling.

Shelby

Posted at 8:13 AM on September 28, 2011

Since the tailor lady said the was about six weeks along so unless she cheated on Louis with Dan, the chance of Dan being the father are like 0.00000000%.

Alba

Posted at 7:50 AM on September 28, 2011

excuse me?? a “Dair Baby”? are u kidding me?? What the show needs is that Chuck and Blair get together again ! fuck Louis and fuck Dan ! Chair 4evah !

Ida

Posted at 6:11 AM on September 28, 2011

I hope Chuck is the father, and that she will end up with him in the end.
At the same time I could see them messing with our heads.
Maybe Louis it’s the father, but that doesn’t matter for Chuck, and he is willing to help her with it no matter what. Or.. Yeah, I don’t really know D:

Asia

Posted at 1:55 AM on September 28, 2011

I’m a Blair fan, so as long as the Baby storyline is positive for Blair’s character development I don’t think it matters who the baby-daddy is.
Saying that though, it is the Dair storyline that’s got me hooked on this show! Maybe I’m just a hopeless romantic and like the thought of the Nice guy getting the girl in the end (and prefer nice-guy Dan to the Prince). I’m sure (ex?) bad-boy Chuck has the potential to change into Mr.Right, but sadly I’m bored of the Chair R/S. So I hope this season GG will “Dare to Dair”

lia

Posted at 1:08 AM on September 28, 2011

as if dan and blair even did IT. yeaah all you chairs

Lia

Posted at 1:02 AM on September 28, 2011

IT WILL HAVE TO BE CHUCKS BABY. BLAIR AND CHUCK ARE MADE FOR EACHOTHER.. we all know it!!

Lia

Posted at 12:51 AM on September 28, 2011

IT BETTER BE CHUCKS BABY. BLAIR AND CHUCK ARE MADE FOR EACHOTHER.. we all know it

meg

Posted at 9:35 PM on September 27, 2011

I;m pretty sure it’s Chucks so I’m good!

MSC

Posted at 7:34 PM on September 27, 2011

It’s Chuck and Blair’s baby!

kendra

Posted at 7:33 PM on September 27, 2011

This is freaking hilarious! Uhm Dan can’t even initiate a kiss with her, you really think he got it up for her? Lol! Oh, Dair fans, delusions won’t help you . It’s Chuck’s Live with it!

Savleen Kaur

Posted at 7:32 PM on September 27, 2011

Well she did sleep with 2 different in the same week in season 1 so it’s not really that much out if character