I Want Dan To Be The Father Of Blair's Baby On 'Gossip Girl!'

Tue, September 27, 2011 2:40pm EDT by 107 Comments

Call me a sucker for a good twist, but I think a ‘Dair’ baby is exactly what this show needs!

After last night’s game-changing season premiere, Gossip Girl fans worldwide are playing a feverish game of Pin the Tail on the Baby Daddy. But while most seem certain that Blair (Leighton Meester) is either carrying the spawn of Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick) or the royal seed of Prince Louis (Hugo Becker), allow me to propose a third potential baby planter — Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley)!

Not only would a “Dair” baby throw a total wrench in the Upper East Side, giving this show its most mind-blowing twist ever, but it would also reinforce my firm belief that Dan and Blair’s two worlds can successfully come together as one. Of course, it’s also possible I watched The Little Mermaid one too many times as a kid. (If a mer-person and a man-person can make a baby, anyone can, damn it!)

So how would such a pregnancy be possible, you ask? After all, was it not Chuck Bass we saw porking Blair Waldorf on last season’s (pun intended) climactic finale? Of course it was — but that’s where the magic of “flashbacks” comes in. Wouldn’t it be a killer twist if, later on this season, we learn that Chuck wasn’t the only guy Blair slept with?

Let’s be honest: if a girl is willing to stoop so low as to cheat on her prince fiancé with a baby raccoon like Chuck Bass, I certainly wouldn’t be surprised to find out she also slept with Dan.

OK, that officially ends my rant for the day and now it’s your turn to direct your crazy at me. Who do you think knocked up Blair Waldorf — and more importantly, who do you hope knocked up Blair Waldorf?

— Andy Swift

Click here to follow (or yell at) Andy on Twitter

Polaris

Posted at 7:33 AM on March 16, 2012

sexonfire Posted on Dont dispute butaeyLooks and lies dont mixYou are styles away from where you need to beBe beautiful, believable and a new beginning

HumpreySmellsLikeOnion

A
T
E
!!!

IhateHumprey

Posted at 12:36 AM on January 20, 2012

Lol both polls were raped by Chairs!!! lol
L

H
A
I
R

Tiffany

Posted at 8:23 PM on January 16, 2012

Chuck and Blair need to get back together!!!!

CHAIR!

Posted at 8:40 PM on January 7, 2012

THEY DIDNT EVEN HAVE SEX!!!

Emily

Posted at 1:39 AM on December 30, 2011

Dan and Blair are so good togather they conect so well but I think they would make grate friends but I hope Blair and chuck are togather they are ment to be Id be fun if Blair and Dan did it but still bait and chuck NEED TO BE TOGATHER FOREVER !!!!

TING

Posted at 10:59 PM on June 6, 2012

Just like where I work, the squeaky wheel gets the job.Categories:Best geaenrl gun blogBest Legal and political gun blog.(I nominate Right Side of the Rainbow)Best fun gun blog (I nominate Tam.)Best technical gun blog.Nominationa are open!

Dairfan

Posted at 5:46 PM on December 16, 2011

Dan is beautiful, smart and sweet, it would be wonderful if he were the father. I love Dan and Blair.

NONOKA

Posted at 2:29 AM on December 14, 2011

YYYYYYYYYYACK! NO WAY IN GG HISTORY THAT DAN BEEN THE FATHER IS A GOOD IDEA AT ALL END OF STORY!!!!!

Kimmie

Posted at 10:37 PM on December 1, 2011

That would be the worst idea in GG history to let Dan be the father. Luckily that is not the case so we dodged a bullet there.
Dan is gross. I do not like Dair at all.
I am a huge Chair fan so I hope it is Chuck’s baby. Although at this point in the show. It hasn’t been confirmed 100% as to who is the baby yet, even though Blair said Louis is a few episodes ago. Either way, I hope it is Chuck’s. Plus a Chair baby will be the cutest little thing ever. Dair baby? Ewwww, thank goodness it that will never happen.

Jane

Posted at 11:45 AM on December 5, 2011

I hope you’re not standing too close to a ledge when Dan and Blair get together.

Jen

Posted at 9:41 PM on December 5, 2011

Preach, girl, preach.

tiffany

Posted at 11:40 AM on October 30, 2011

how can it be dan’s if blair and dan never had sex?

tixy

Posted at 11:14 AM on October 29, 2011

chuck is the babys father ofc!!! chair forever

cherryy

Posted at 5:13 PM on October 26, 2011

i’ll kill myself if it’s dans baby, i’m not going to watch it ever again. i really want it to be chucks. if chuck isn’t damn i’m gonna hate this show

ivy

Posted at 3:52 AM on October 24, 2011

To all Dair fans… An will never be the father of the baby because you know why? They never dan and blair never had sex and the last time I checked we need to have sex to make a baby

CHAIR FOREVER!!!!

destiny

Posted at 5:04 PM on October 18, 2011

all i just want to say is who the hell thinks it Louis baby obviously the must think this is poll for another program. because this GOSSIP GIRL and nothing is this straight forward. i don’t even know why anyone would bother to put Louis name even on the poll.

Celine

Posted at 3:47 PM on October 8, 2011

Sorry, but Dan was way too cool and calm to be a possible candidade for fatherhood, if he had slept with Blair, he would have at least asked the approximate number of gestation weeks she is into.

Brooke

Posted at 10:37 AM on October 8, 2011

It`s really stupid to think that Dan`s the father when it isn`t, I hate the scene because it`s dair, but not to fear chair fans. We know there`s lots of chair scenes in season 5. THEY ARE ENDGAME (chuck`s the father btw)

GGFan35

Posted at 12:43 AM on October 6, 2011

CHAIR + Baby Bass=FATE!!! Chuck&Blair are written in the stars & their Bass Family is DESTINED!!! You ALL know it’s true…CB & FAMILY=KISMET!!!

Aimee

Posted at 1:03 AM on October 5, 2011

It’s impossible for it to be Dan’s THEY DIDN’T SLEEP TOGETHER! a monkey would know that

Anastaija

Posted at 1:41 PM on October 8, 2011

How do you know they didn’t sleep together. If they didn’t show it , it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen … I think thats why Dan and Blair were acting so weard in season 4 .Because they slept together and now they might have a baby together.
Btw i am so bored of serena … -.- this season

CHAIRLover

Posted at 12:31 AM on October 5, 2011

Blair definitely has Baby Bass onboard & it seems The Grimaldis sense it.No worries, Chuck will save the day for Blair & their offspring once she TELLS him he’s the daddy!!! TELL HIM BLAIR ASAP!!! CHAIR + Baby Bass FTW!!! CB=DESTINY=ENDGAME!!!