'X Factor' Auditions: Dexter Haygood Wins The Audience Over With His A Capella Song!

Fri, September 23, 2011 3:29am EDT by 14 Comments

Dexter Haygood was about to be completely homeless before the judges said, ‘Yes!’ Do YOU think he’s good enough to win?

Dexter Haygood is technically past his prime and The X Factor is giving him his second chance. The James Brown-esque singer was living out of his car and trunk when he competed on the second night of FOX’s new reality show Sept. 22 and got through to the next round. Did YOU think he deserved another chance or were you over his act? Sound off below!

narissara

Posted at 7:25 AM on October 27, 2012

i love your voice very much , i love you .

Gay Sex

Posted at 1:36 AM on May 18, 2012

Usually I don’t read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, very great article.

Lasertag Equipment

Posted at 5:49 PM on April 16, 2012

Remarkable issues here. I am very satisfied to peer your article. Thank you so much and I am having a look ahead to touch you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

Paul Cunningham

Posted at 7:37 PM on October 24, 2011

I think Dexter is fantastic. He blows me away when he sings. The guy has great stage presence and he is a top drawer entertainer. If you still have a pulse, Dexter will entertain you. He is one cool dude. I hope he wins it.

The Kong

Posted at 2:00 PM on October 12, 2011

Fairy tale probably wont last, who wants to sign a 50 year old 80s style rocker. the bigger question is who will buy an old man album. a time machine is what he need.

And please stop crying old man! you are making my 68inch TV look bad

Marilyn June Melville

Posted at 9:14 AM on October 12, 2011

Dexter is brilliant! Does he deserve to win? YES!!!!!!

ShellShocked

Posted at 5:10 PM on October 7, 2011

I’m looking at this video from a different perspective. I’m wondering how all of the guys on Wallstreet; The Bernie Madoffs, the AIG and Goldman executives, the guys who partner up with the federal government to feed corporate greed feel about themselves when they watch our stories.

Do they understand the utter devastation they have caused? Do they care? I wonder how they live with themselves knowing not everyone has a talent that will place them in a million to one situation that offers a light at the end of the tunnel.

dorien

Posted at 3:12 PM on October 7, 2011

It’s all a set up… a feel good story to fool audiences…. homeless but he has a cell phone? Don’t buy it.

michelle

Posted at 7:38 AM on October 6, 2011

memphis is pulling for dexter and now other cities are too. you rock, dexter!

jaiezee

Posted at 7:52 AM on September 26, 2011

DEXTER for the win!!!! age doesn’t matter..he’s got the x factor…:)

James Cohea

Posted at 2:17 AM on September 26, 2011

DEXTER’S Got The HEART & SOUL To Go ALL THE WAY!!! SONG Is ALL About That Heart Felt Emotional Connection Between The Singer and The Listeners. This Man Has GOT THAT! He Really KNOWs How To CONNECT with His Audience! People Really Love This Guy, He’s Really Got Something Special Going On Inside, and He KNOWs How To SHARE THAT! GO DEXTER!!!

Kimberly Williams

Posted at 5:43 PM on September 24, 2011

I think he deserves to be in the public eye again. I don’t
Care about his age. The man can
Sing and dance. He has talent and the X
Factor.:D

Paul Snell

Posted at 4:23 PM on September 24, 2011

Dexter Haygood all the way !!!

d.jenson

Posted at 12:24 PM on September 24, 2011

he is an x-factor! positively must go on, and on and on!