It's Official: Taylor Lautner & Lily Collins Broke Up, Says Insider!

Fri, September 23, 2011 9:26pm EDT by 47 Comments

We’ve long suspected it, but a new report confirms Lily Collins and her ‘Abduction’ co-star, Taylor Lautner, called it quits! What do YOU think happened?

Taylor Lautner and Lily Collins fell for each other during the Abduction shoot last year, but the handsome pair have officially called it quits, reports US Weekly.

“It was a clean break that Taylor initiated,” the source said.

According to the insider, Taylor, 19, broke things off with the 22-year-old actress and model one week before the premiere of their movie in Los Angeles, which was Sept. 15. “At the Abduction party, it was awkward. They barely said a word to one another.”

Although we suspected Taylor and Lily had split after not seeing them out together and his super friendly gestures to his ex-girlfriend, Taylor Swift, Taylor has been nothing but kind and polite toward Lily in recent interviews. He’s dished about their “steamy” sex scenes and said she was a joy to work with — ultimately, he seems to be quite the gentleman.

Nevertheless, we can’t help but wonder what caused the split. Do you think Taylor missed Taylor Swift? Does he want to focus on his career? Sound off below!

SKG

Posted at 10:49 PM on September 24, 2011

I read on Twitter that Lily and Taylor are doing an interview in the UK together on Monday! WTF? I’m curious to see how they will act together. And if they interviewer is brave enough to ask the question – how they will categorize their ‘relationship’?
Hi @Aquarius64!

Alright

Posted at 11:00 PM on September 24, 2011

Well we all know that lily isn’t going to say anything, as usual. as for taylor, he’ll probably say “we’re really good friends” like he always does. i think the British interviewers might ask because i find that the interviewrs overseas are a lot more blunt. like the ones in Australia asking flat out if he was single or not. so we’ll see how it goes.

eliza

Posted at 9:06 PM on September 25, 2011

is this interview may be true, Lily is in Italy, the editor of Glamour magazine said on twitter that he saw Lily in the parade of Dolce & Gabbana!

Alright

Posted at 9:57 PM on September 24, 2011

Well I just saw Abduction and it wasn’t a bad movie at all, but i did have some problems with it, like the way it flowed. i thought certain parts of the film were rushed. also, i was disappointed at the “steamy” train kiss. it wasn’t very steamy at all. i mean, i had makeouts a lot more passionate than that with my ex bf when i was 14. regardless, it’s a sweet film to see on a date, and i think taylor did a really nice job.

aquarius64

Posted at 7:21 PM on September 24, 2011

@Brad – Lily’s playing the woman scorned to the hilt. Somebody needs to revisit her dirt in print. She can’t claim he cheated on her b/c the statement said it was a clean break (no third parties involved).

Alright

Posted at 5:39 PM on September 24, 2011

Another big reason people are saying this was obviously a showmance is because Taylor Lautner and Diana Agron share the same agent and remember when Alex Pettyfer and Diana Agron “split up” the same day their movie was released too?

Alright

Posted at 3:49 PM on September 24, 2011

@Brad
I completly agree with you. i think E!News got their info from a “source” who is close to Lily. On gossip cop and on US Weekly the source sounded like it was a “source” close to taylor. you can also tell it was two different sources because they said slightly different info. So obviously, if a source close to Lily is talking to E!news then that person is going to make it look like taylor was the bad guy, but that might be the honest truth. just because he got tired of the showmance doesn’t make him mean. regardless, lily’s source makes A LOT more sense then whoever is talking for taylor.

Sophiee

Posted at 2:28 PM on September 24, 2011

I thought they broke up months ago!

Alright

Posted at 2:26 PM on September 24, 2011

omg we should all work for enews lol. they reported the exact same stuff we said! about him not visiting her even ONCE during SW and about them breaking up MONTHS AGO.

Samantha S.

Posted at 2:05 PM on September 24, 2011

Hey Aquarius64,

I guess I have to check out E! though E was always about the two of them.When you think about it, they have not been dating for awhile, some sites have cleared this, others haven’t until recently. It all came from Taylor during his interviews stating he’s single or gave hints about being single, while Collins would try to make it look like there was something going on, by playing coy to the media when being asked about him. *Rolling my eyes at that* Anyways thanks for letting me know.

I’m all for Taylor being happy and I hate to say this but, I’m glad he broke up with her. Oh I also heard he initiated the breakup with Collins.

aquarius64

Posted at 1:39 PM on September 24, 2011

Hi Samantha,

I saw on the E! site that TLC was over and done almost 3 MONTHS ago, according to its sources. The turning point was the Snow White shoot in Montreal. He wouldn’t go visit her. Lily was putting all the work in the relationship (afterall, hooking up with him got her a lot of ink.) Now she’s his cast off. Also according to E! Lily has moved on to other guys, quietly. Poor thing can’t get a guy with a name now? Guess she doesn’t want to look like a tramp. Too late.

Brad

Posted at 3:20 PM on September 24, 2011

i just read the e online articule and they made it sound like lily was a angel and it was all taylors fault which annoyed me when countless people have said how bad lily is and yet oddly enough no one mentions that . But there quick to blame taylor .

Bre

Posted at 12:29 PM on September 24, 2011

My prayers have been answered!

Samantha S.

Posted at 11:49 AM on September 24, 2011

@Aquarius64 @Iscia@Alright

I agree with all three of you, I had a feeling that this was going to happen right after the movie Premiere, lets face it they were not hanging out that much, let alone they kept a good distance on the Carpet of the LA Premiere people were using that she had to go to Jimmy Kimmel excuse. They just seemed so distance. When you think about it, Taylor wouldn’t have time for her, he would be promoting this, then two months after traveling again to Promote BD.

On top of that on Lily’s days off from shooting SW she should have been help promoting Abduction anyways, we know it’s TLs movie but she could still stop by and promoted something leaving TL to do all the work and I don’t want to hear she tired or taking a break, because TL does this all the time with out complaints. Her character in the movie was underwritten she didn’t even need to be in it. When Abduction 2 is in the works they need a new leading lady.

I doubt this is over Taylor Swift, she had her chance I think they want to move from that. Nuh-uh honey I’m going to go get my man now, stay away Swift! Just kidding!HAHAHA

andreea

Posted at 10:49 AM on September 24, 2011

fuq her she’s ugly anyway
taylor swift is way prettier

karma

Posted at 10:39 AM on September 24, 2011

@Iscia the dumb fans don’t want move on neither HL.

aquarius64

Posted at 8:28 AM on September 24, 2011

correction, the boyfriend she dumped for TL.

aqaurius64

Posted at 8:27 AM on September 24, 2011

Hi lscia,

I’m doing great! How’s the wedding plans?

aqaurius64

Posted at 8:25 AM on September 24, 2011

Hi SKG,

Lily pratically lied by omission to the American public about her relay status. She couldn’t do the we’re friends line? She probably did it out of pride. I think TL and his people found out about Jimmy Kimmel and that’s why he was stating in his interviews he’s single. Boy that break up must have been ugly. She got what she deserved, and somewhere Riley Harper, the boyfriend she dumped TL for, is laughing his butt off. Karma, baby, karma.

SKG

Posted at 6:03 AM on September 24, 2011

“At the Abduction party, it was awkward. They barely said a word to one another.” <—- Yeah, well that could be difficult as she was across the street doing Jimmy Kimmel during the party!!! LOL
I saw the movie today, and the only thing that makes me believe they had an actual relationship during the filming is that old HW saying that if the actors are 'doing it' in real life – there is no chemistry on-screen. So these two must have been f**king like rabbits, cos they had ZILCH chemistry! They looked as awkward on-screen together as they do in pic's.
And I just have to say Taylor's acting was NOT as bad as the critics are making out. He wasn't GREAT, but he wasn't BAD either. I have to agree with one particular reviewer's critique on Lily's acting though: "crap on a stick". Sorry. But she was bad.

Iscia

Posted at 2:31 AM on September 24, 2011

Taylor Lautner missing Taylor swift??? LOL HL
Aquariussssssssssssssssssssssssssss64 hiiiiiiiiiiiii
it´s been a while how are u?
Well this article comes a little bit late
sO i WAS RIGHT when I said in Australia Taylor said he was single , some people didn´t believe me.
If really he said he wants to focus on his career and not date for a while I agree with him: LifE is not only about dating. He´s a worker we know it and I wish him best of luck and glad to hear “officially” lol that there is no more him and lily!!!But I really hope for him that he won´t go back with Taylor Swift: It will be worse for him than his relation ship with lily collins, don´t jump on me I only share an opinion lol and I think that the two Taylors have moved on and it´s time for her fans especially to move on too.

aquarius64

Posted at 1:51 AM on September 24, 2011

@Alright – you’re right. The Aussie press has been reporting he’s single since his visit in late August. I can understand why he wants to be single for a while; his high profile girlfriends were nothing but movie set hook-ups that went bust – Selena Gomez (different movies), Taylor Swift and now Lily. Sara Hicks shouldn’t get her hopes up either. TL says he wants to be single; he may have grown tired of her too. He’s only 19, he may want to causally date. If TLC ended ugly don’t take it out on the next girl.

anyonmous

Posted at 11:38 PM on September 23, 2011

This story is so old and HL need to let the whole taysquared BS go I’m sure the Swifties are jumping for joy LOL. I believe Tay wants to be single he’s only 19.

AP11

Posted at 11:20 PM on September 23, 2011

Join me in a yawn because anyone with half a brain knew this was over a while ago. Then again I myself was one who said he might be a fibber so maybe I have less than half. *shrugs* forever pessimistic. Lol

Alright

Posted at 11:04 PM on September 23, 2011

I agree with Eliza and Aquarius64. the reports about them first breaking up started at least a couple months ago. i think they broke up way before a week before the premiere because he had been saying way before the premiere that he was single and just friends with lily. i’m just glad there’s confirmation. i hope the “source” who told Us Weekly is correct about Taylor wanting to be single for a while. although i think this is correct because taylor told USA Today a couple days ago that he wanted to wait until he was older and that he wasn’t focusing on being in a relationship right now. it would be a shame to see him turn into one of those actors that dates everyone of his costars. this case is finally closed.

eliza

Posted at 10:47 PM on September 23, 2011

excuse ended one week before the premiere?

more this site has said that they broke from the tca and that he was returning with Taylor Swift!

I think I’m confused! Lol!

aquarius64

Posted at 10:03 PM on September 23, 2011

DUH!!! We knew it all along! I felt it was over back in August. He dumped her the week of Sept. 8th. Geez, Lily taped the Jimmy Kimmel show the same morning of the premiere, Sept 15th, being coy about the are you dating TL question. She wasn’t being coy, she was in denial!!! It must have hit her pretty bad. My instincts were right: she was trying to say face. Brace yourself for the wave of what-went-wrong stories!

lscia, dore, SKG, Alright, eliza: SOUND OFF! This is going to be an interesting thread.

LadyEpic

Posted at 9:51 PM on September 23, 2011

I like Taylor, Taylor (lol), and Lily. If anything, I’d imagine it was just to focus on his career on somethig.