Forget the Critics, If You Like Taylor Lautner, You'll Love Abduction!

Fri, September 23, 2011 3:07pm EDT by 19 Comments

Brad

Posted at 2:22 PM on September 27, 2011

loved it and as a straight man i thought it was an awesome movie. I doubt Alfred Molina, Jason Isaacs, Maria Bello, Sigourney Weaver, Elisabeth Röhm and Michael Nyqvist would have done it if they didnt think it was a good movie. im glad i didnt listen to the critics they got it wrong . Like they do with many actors/actresses they dont know what the public like . And how many critics are actually professional actor/actresses that have been in the industry for years hmmmmm i think none

Alright

Posted at 12:19 AM on September 26, 2011

I saw the movie too. it was okay, it was cliche at certain moments and a bit too “movie like”. also, i thought certain parts seemed a little rushed. one moment karen doesn’t seem into nathan, and the next they’re making out on a train. personally, that “steamy kiss” was a major let down. it wasn’t steamy at all. the most provocative part was him grabbing her butt for 2 seconds. i expected a LOT more action from 2 people that are supposed to be 18 years old. i think they could have gone a lot farther without getting an R-rating. besides that i thought that lily’s character, karen, didn’t add anything to the movie. they could have cut her part out completly, and the movie would have still had the same tone. i feel like the producers just added karen so that the girls could see a little romance story. also, the ending was a bit weak. overall, it wasn’t that bad. but it landed at number FOUR on it’s opening day, that’s not exactly a success. lol

i love bieber

Posted at 1:45 PM on September 25, 2011

idont like his film ..it was very boring

American Bad Wolf

Posted at 3:53 AM on September 25, 2011

Honestly, it feels like depending on what age bracket people fall under says whether or not they like the movie. I found it sort of interesting but my somewhat older guy friends called it total crap… Oh and haha the guys also said there wasn’t even a ‘hot girl’ in the movie to distract themselves with.

samy

Posted at 2:59 AM on September 25, 2011

just got done watcing it!! it was really good

trudie

Posted at 11:05 PM on September 24, 2011

I love Taylor lautner,but this movie is really bad,my boyfriend walked out and without me,the acting oh no.

Iscia

Posted at 2:32 AM on September 24, 2011

I completely agree with courtney tiffany and aquarius64!!!!

Eilena

Posted at 5:24 PM on September 23, 2011

I´m sorry but who really cares about the critics?
Right now Abduction is number one

Nina

Posted at 5:09 PM on September 23, 2011

I’m going to see it anyway. I’ll make up my own mind.

Courtney

Posted at 4:51 PM on September 23, 2011

Journalists and critics are always pointing Taylor´s generation and always always comparing them to much elder actors or singers. Of course they can´t be the next Johnny depp or the next don’t know Britney spears but COME ON let them be themselves and like said Tiffany let them grow up in their work. Damn it´s only Taylor Lautner´s first real movie outside the twilight franchise and I went with my friends to see Abduction and I didn´t get annoyed or bore like the critics said. Taylor Lautner is honestly the most humble and talented of his generation he can go far I hope he won´t listen to those critics and works harder to prove them they are wrong. Don’t judge this movie because of what critics have said but go watch it if first you are loyal to Taylor and secondly because you will have a good time

zoe

Posted at 4:37 PM on September 23, 2011

Of course forget the critics Abduction is amazing

Brad

Posted at 4:22 PM on September 23, 2011

never listen to the critics doubt they have been in any films to understand what the public like seeing . PLus more people have even said that it is a great film if you go on facebook loads of people gave said how much fun it is . Cant wait to see it and support him .

look

Posted at 4:43 PM on September 23, 2011

The reviews were very cruel and brutal,so I think many reviews were just written to knock Taylor down.But an Actor is someone who can ACT and not someone who tries to be the next “…” or tries to put his shirt off to entice 10+ year old girls to the cinema.He can be a model if he likes to get attention with his body.But I truly HATE it,that people get an A Star status just because they know how to charm the press and the ppl. out there.I believe .. Taylor is a nice kid and sweet,but he’s NO serious or talented Actor.He really has no OUTSTANDING actingskills,so I hope he gets acting lessons SOON.But if not he has no future,sorry.

Hot

Posted at 4:17 PM on September 23, 2011

I’d watch this movie even if this movie would be HORRIBLE,but just if he’s hot and he has some skills to act.But lmao he’s ugly ( nice body but uhhm..) and he’s not really that talented.I really think even Tom Cruise is more talented.

Tiffany

Posted at 3:54 PM on September 23, 2011

I think that the critics have conspired.
They obviously don´t like any actors from the Twilight saga and won´t give them chances in this business.
Now Taylor Lautner is still young and has time to grow up as an actor; Damon Pitt and clooney weren´t the actors they are today when they were the same age as Taylor.
He´s a good actor actually I saw the movie and I had a great time watching it. And I still think that American critics are the most mean in the world. Do they know they are judging a 19 year old guy and not a 40 with 20 movies behind him???
I wish him all the success he deserves because he is a hard worker, always nice to his fans and a talented young man.T
hank you HL for your article!

Alvaz

Posted at 3:43 PM on September 23, 2011

I saw it and wasn´t a fan of Taylor Lautner. Now I can say that I am going to follow him I found him great and talented.
Watch the movie and fuck the critics

Jen

Posted at 3:38 PM on September 23, 2011

OMG! This movie got BLASTED by reviewers (professional and regular viewers alike).

Here’s one of the better ones: “A soulless and incompetent action/thriller not even a veteran lead actor could save, let alone Taylor Lautner.”

Jen

Posted at 3:42 PM on September 23, 2011

From USA Today: “Filled with laughable dialogue, Abduction goes nowhere.”

From the GLOBE: “Taylor Lautner puts the abs in Abduction, but not much else”

New York Times: “Abduction is a sloppy, exploitative act of star worship created (if that’s the right word for cynical hackwork) around Mr. Lautner, the pouty 19-year-old heartthrob of the Twilight franchise. The camera swoons around him as if he were a priceless sculpture, often moving in for extreme close-ups.”

aquarius64

Posted at 9:33 PM on September 23, 2011

I read the reviews. The critics called this movie everything except a child of God. I was never comfortable with the promotion strategy: the plan is to transition TL to an adult action star, and it has been marketed to the teens and tweens. Why set him up as a celeb that can only draw teen age girls? If this movie bombs, and for his sake I hope not, they will be blowing taps on his career. Then again, Abduction could be critic proof and come in at #1 at the box office. Afterall TL did not suffer a week of bad press like his main competition. Talk about a how-you-like-me-now moment. Abduction’s success would give him more clout in HW, and more opportunity to get roles that could help him grow as an actor. I’m being real, he needs work. Best of luck to you TL during this weekend.

lscia – where have you been?