'One Tree Hill' Season 9 Scoop: Deb Is Coming Back & And We'll Finally Meet Brooke's Dad!

Fri, September 23, 2011 7:45pm EST by 64 Comments
One Tree Hill Season 9

Plus, Sophia Bush weighs in on Brooke’s dad’s highly-anticipated arrival! What kind of drama do you think he’ll bring to Tree Hill?

There are a few more familiar faces returning for One Tree Hill‘s ninth, and final, season — plus a few new ones! Warner Bros. has confirmed that, not only will Barbara Alyn Woods reprise her role as Nathan’s (James Lafferty) pill-popping cougar mom Deb for one episode, but Richard Burgi will also recur as Brooke’s (Sophia Bush) oft-discussed-but-never-seen father!

Of course, these might not be the happiest family reunions — and they certainly won’t come without some drama. As Sophia teased during HollywoodLife.com‘s recent trip to One Tree Hill’s Wilmington, N.C., set:

“You’re going to meet someone who’s very relevant to Brooke’s life who you’ve wanted to see for eight years.”

This is obviously huge news for longtime fans of the series, especially those with a soft spot for Brooke… and her daddy issues. Seriously, if you thought Brooke and Victoria (Daphne Zuniga) had a rocky relationship as mother and daughter, just wait until dear ol’ daddy enters the picture.

And then there’s Nanny Deb, who we last saw during a heated confrontation with Dan (Paul Johansson) in season six. They exchanged fiery words about — what else — Keith’s (Craig Sheffer) death, so it’ll be very interesting to see what their relationship is like when they reunite in season nine.

OK, One Tree Hill fans, it’s your turn to rant. What kind of crazy new drama do you think Nathan’s mom and Brooke’s dad will bring to town? And who else are you hoping will make a surprise return for the show’s final season? Hit the comments section with your thoughts!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more One Tree Hill scoop

kelly

Posted at 5:33 PM on February 25, 2012

i really hope nathan isnt the one that dies because he is my favorite character so it would really suck. and evryone keeps saying that it can’t be him cuz he hasnt been in very many episodes yet, but when Q died he was still in the show becuz he was a ghost that nathan could see, and it has happened with keith too. so maybe it is a possility, but I really hope he doesnt die!

NATalieG

Posted at 6:19 PM on February 24, 2012

Clay’s wife is going to have been pregos when she died and that’s his repressed memory. i think they are going to end w quinn being pregos.

i think it’s dan who gets it

Rachael

Posted at 9:27 PM on February 23, 2012

I believe the person who dies is either Dan, Skills, or Mouth. I have found some hints regarding who dies and that has helped me narrow down the options. First, its not Nathan because he said in an interview that he had filmed like 8 episodes of season 9 and that many episodes has not aired yet. Also the writers have promised for several good Nathan and Haley scenes and those have yet to come, so there is not way logically that it can be Nathan. Also I have found information stating that it is not a main character but that it is someone that has been around from the beginning. Also in the preview for the episode, it shows Millie bawling her eyes out. Which makes me believe she also has a connection to the person that dies. The only people that she has a connection with that are not main characters but that have been around from the beginning are Mouth and Skills. But I have read alot of things saying it might be Dan. Based on all of the hints I believe its one of those three. Can’t wait to find out!

Leanne

Posted at 6:18 PM on February 23, 2012

Maybe the person under the sheet in the morgue is Deb? She’s meant to be coming back and it would explain her reaction since her husband isn’t around to hear the news of his mom’s death?

Amber

Posted at 3:11 PM on February 23, 2012

Bring Peyton back and SAwyer! Dont end OTH now.. and its finially getting really good again like the old seasons like season 2 and 3! i love all the drama! cant wait til next week!

Jeremy

Posted at 12:28 AM on February 23, 2012

Plus I read a comment where it says Nathan will appear in the series finale

Jeremy

Posted at 12:25 AM on February 23, 2012

Pretty sure it’s Dan a storybook ending

Ashley

Posted at 9:58 PM on February 22, 2012

I hope that it’s not Brooke since Quinn is out of prison!!! And I hope it’s not Nathan! I don’t wanna wait til next week to find out! It could be Dan or Chris Keller since in te first episode they are in the car together and he says let me do all the killing?!

mr. asshole

Posted at 9:27 PM on February 22, 2012

i argee with u nathan should not died before the season

Breeee

Posted at 11:58 AM on February 20, 2012

I think the body that Haley sees is Nathan but I think she sees it in a nightmare.

Kitty

Posted at 9:56 PM on February 18, 2012

The body that Hailey is looking at can not be Nathan. That would be the absolutly worst way to end the series!

candice

Posted at 9:29 PM on February 15, 2012

Can Karen Roe come back with andy and lily?

Taylor

Posted at 10:08 AM on February 14, 2012

I think it’s gonna be Dan. I mean….I just can’t picture Mark killing off Nathan, mostly because he knows it’ll piss fans off. I agree that Haley will see it’s Dan and is crying out of relief and sadness, because even if Dan was evil, he WAS her father-in-law and saved Jamie&Nathan.

But then Lucas is taking Lydia home with him….it could just be for a vacation to visit Sawyer, Karen, Lily&Peyton, but I don’t know.

bee

Posted at 3:28 AM on February 14, 2012

I actually think its a dream sequence…but I do believe dan will save the day.

krystle

Posted at 10:27 PM on February 4, 2012

I unfortunately think it could be Nathan, although I am really hoping that what it actually is is Dan, and Hailey goes because Nathan is still missing, and she breaks down that way because she’s relived it’s not Nathan, and also a little sad that it’s Dan because she has sort of developed a relationship with him because of Jamie.
FYI Davis is fine, I don’t think they would take away the babies that Brooke has worked so hard for, I think Brookes freakout has to do either with her father screwing her over, which has definitely been one of her major hangups since season 1, or it has something to do with Julian getting arrested. We’ve already gotten to Clay/Quinn’s flash-forward can’t wait to see the other ones, the suspense is killing me.
Also Lucas comes back to support Hailey in her search for Nathan, he doesn’t come back for a funeral, just something I picked up from another spoiler

kristin

Posted at 12:17 PM on February 2, 2012

Personally i think it is julian or dan

P.s.

Posted at 1:21 AM on February 2, 2012

I think Nathan got kidnapped by the drug dealer and friends because Dan threatened him!!! I hope Nathan doesn’t die but i have a feeling he does ;( ughh can’t wait till the next episode!!

brooke edwards

Posted at 1:35 PM on February 1, 2012

hey gys are you geant time of the one tree hill and i hope it be the gant time the

kristin

Posted at 10:20 PM on January 27, 2012

Maybe Haley crying is a ploy…if Nathan goes missing Maybe the person in the morgue isn’t Nathan and she’s is relieved…possibility.. but one tree hill is good for cliff hangers and suspence! I’m thinking the death maybe Dan though I sure hope it is not Nathan.

me

Posted at 11:17 PM on January 26, 2012

I just want to know if baby Davis will be ok :( such a sad thing!! Also, I think it will be Dan who dies….just a guess. Nathen can’t die in the final season!?!? I hope not…..

Mel

Posted at 10:29 PM on January 26, 2012

Please let the baby be ok

Jenn

Posted at 8:14 AM on January 29, 2012

I hope baby Davis is ok too, Ive watched OTH since minute 1, and it by far is my fav. Show but I promised my self if they cross that line and kill a baby I will NEVER watch again!! Though it would explain Julian getting his butt kicked though honestly I thought that was due to borrowing & not paying back of a lone shark. As for the dead body in the morgue, with Haily there are a few options that may not be Nathan, like its Quinn, or her other sister, but in all likely hood its Nathan, hence Dan & Chris Keller teaming up to beat up/kill people. Im thinking Clay isnt a junky but has D.I.D/Multiple personalities & one of them killed Nathan as pay back for Dans beating on Clay. As for Brookes fit at 1st I thought it was caused by Julian getting his butt kicked in, & her dad screwing her, but now im thinking its maybe because child protective services takes her remaining child or god please let Davis be ok both of them away.

Mem

Posted at 8:34 AM on January 29, 2012

Or jamie…

Rowan

Posted at 12:04 AM on January 26, 2012

I’m dying to know the same thing!!

Lyons

Posted at 10:33 PM on January 25, 2012

What happened to baby Davis??

Linsey

Posted at 3:00 AM on January 19, 2012

I think it is Going to be Nathan …I bet Dan kills Nathan so he can get close to Jamie..and thats why lucas returns to support hailey and go to nathans funeral. That’s my guess…and I’m also guess that alex and Chris Keller hook up and chaise goes crazy thats why he’s in fhe cop car…

Adrienne

Posted at 1:39 AM on January 21, 2012

I don’t think Chase kills Chris Keller because Chris was with Dan when they are about to go kill whoever.

Brooke

Posted at 11:38 PM on January 15, 2012

If it’s Nathan under the sheet I’m gonna hate one tree hill forever .

kat

Posted at 8:46 PM on January 20, 2012

i think it is:(((,nd i totally agree with you there,imma go from lovin the show to hatin it if they ‘make him go’ like tht! love naley:)

brooke edwards

Posted at 1:36 PM on February 1, 2012

no way it be my son he is the coolest man every