'Two And A Half Men' Insider: 'It Feels Like A Job, Not Family' On Set Without Charlie Sheen!

Thu, September 22, 2011 2:33pm EDT by 33 Comments
Two and a Half Men Cast

Sources on the set of Two And A Half Men tells Hollywoodlife.com exclusively that work is just not the same with Ashton Kutcher instead of Charlie Sheen.

Sources on the set of Two and a Half Men are missing Charlie Sheen! Since the man who created the popular catch phrase “winning” left the sitcom and was replaced by Ashton Kutcher, some of the cast and crew members of the show have been losing the sense of their on-set family. How sad!

A Two and a Half Men on-set source tells HollywoodLife.com, “It just feels like a job rather than a family, like it did when Charlie was there. Ashton is really nice and he’s great for the show…but he gives a different vibe than Charlie.”

It is obvious that some of the on-set members have lost their friend and feel a bit emotional but others are just happy the show is back on and they still have a job.

Another member tells us, “I’m not complaining. Honestly, we’re just glad to be employed.”

Since the switch, there have been mixed feelings about whether or not Ashton is a fit for the show. Only time will tell whether or not he brings the ratings we all expected.

Will it be a matter of time before the on-set members warm up to Ashton or is it going to stay this way? What do you think? Sound off below!

Reporting by Russ Weakland

Get The Latest On Two And A Half Men!

1. Spoiler Alert! Ashton Kutcher Sleeps With Jenny McCarthy Multiple Times In Front Of ‘Two And A Half’ Men Co-Stars!
  2. ‘Two And A Half Men’ Insider: “It Feels Like A Job Not Family” On Set Without Charlie Sheen!
  3. Steve-O: I Don’t Think Charlie Sheen’s Sober! Shocking New Interview!

PaulDouglas

Posted at 11:29 AM on November 8, 2011

I agree with the comments already made.
It was a great show before but that’s changed.
I will just watch the reruns from here on in.
You should try to get Charlie Sheen back if it’s possible.
Otherwise I won’t be back either.
I notice Charlie is scheduled back on FX in the summer of 2012.
I for one can’t wait.
I’m sure there are millions of others thinking the same.
Think hard about what you have done and fix it if you can.

Mander

Posted at 11:06 AM on November 8, 2011

AWFUL, I don’t even watch it anymore–BLAH!! Bring back Charlie, then let me know when he’s on again!!

michelle

Posted at 8:04 PM on November 1, 2011

Oh my god i thought the show was just getting a slow start .I find it painful to even watch Bring back charlie Sheen or just do yourself a favor and cancel the show. Which is going to happen in the long run.

aj

Posted at 11:14 PM on October 22, 2011

This show sucks now! That’s really all that can be said about it.

crystal

Posted at 8:51 PM on October 19, 2011

Chuck Lorre should send Ashton Kutcher back to Mommy and bring back a Real Actor Charlie Sheen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ros

Posted at 10:09 AM on October 18, 2011

I am thoroughly appalled at this debacle they call prime time viewing. Two and a Half Men without Charlie Sheen is an abomination. I have watched all of the previous series many times over – and will continue to do so.

I have tried to get to grips with the new format but find it impossible. None of the characters have any depth, they are depressing and vulgar. Whole series relies on nudity of Ashton, which, whilst he is gorgeous, does not exactly float my boat. Where is the humour?

BRING BACK MASTER CHARLES SHEEN

Mousie

Posted at 2:44 AM on October 10, 2011

I like Ashton and was willing to give the new show a chance, but I never could have imagined anything as bad as this show. Nobody is any good on this show. The whole thing just falls flat without Charlie. I will not be watching it anymore, but I still watch all the reruns.

john

Posted at 1:33 PM on October 7, 2011

Show is really terrible. Charlie Sheen made this show because Charlie Harper IS Charlie Sheen or vise versa. I watch the reruns and not the new one with the boy-toy….Charlies’ personal life is no ones’ bussiness…he;is still a great comedy actor.

Dominic C

Posted at 11:23 AM on October 7, 2011

Someone at the very top should beg forgiveness, break out the check book and get Charlie Sheen back at whatever the cost. Keeping Ashton Kutcher naked every week will only garner some of the female audience but not for long. I’d rather watch reruns then the new show. Like the child searching the hay stack for a new pony, I to am trying to find a reason to continue to watch the show but it’s just not there!

Pauline

Posted at 9:00 AM on October 5, 2011

I believe the show will ruin Ashton Kutcher’s career. They have him script reading boring, ridiculous, immature, lines. Ashton is 33 not 10 years old. Ashton is good looking and talented but by the time two and a half men get through with him he will be labled no acting skills, bad timing, boring and definitely not funny. The show stinks. Maybe the script writers want Charlie back so bad they are deliberately ruining the show. Ashton Kutcher and the show have both bombed beyond repair. Not his fault but he will be the one to blame.

Bob

Posted at 12:43 PM on September 29, 2011

Putting Ashton Kutcher in place of Charlie Sheen is like putting Pee Wee Herman in for John Wayne or Clint Eastwood. Big Mistake!! I think the show went from cool to stool! The only sponsor that will be attracted to the show now will be Pampers. Unless they bring Charlie back this show is doomed.

Dennis Wilson

Posted at 4:03 AM on September 29, 2011

To quote Charles Barkley,..”Terrible, terrible, terrible,…” I was hoping the show would tank. Lorre is an egomaniac. Mean spirited. And clueless. He thought he was the heart of the show. Not even close. Everyone seems to be sleepwalking through their lines. No zip any more. Cryer even sucks. Kutcher is a diasaster. Kelso on qualudes. Grungy, unappealing, and unfunny. Watch this one circle the drain. Once his adultry is confirmed and Demi dumps him, women will leave the viewing audience. They will be sympathetic to Demi and dump him like a boyfriend who comes home from a biz trip with herpes. “Losing”

ShallowHal

Posted at 8:34 PM on September 28, 2011

Bring back Charlie Sheen. After watching Ashton’s interview on Conan I am most unimpressed with the way he undermined Demi and exuded a disturbing preoccupation with himself and ‘his people’. It’s called an ensemble Ashton. It’s not just about you mate.

beki babcock

Posted at 5:50 PM on September 28, 2011

As much as I tried to like the show w/ak I couldn’t. In fact, I hate it…please reincarnate charlie, with the closed casket, it could have been a mistaken idenity seeing that his body was unrecognisable, so maybe he had amnesia, and chuck lorre should recognize the fact that he’s been in a coma somewhere, suddenly he comes out of it and comes home. I, and alot of my friends refuse to be punked and I guess two and 1/2 men should be in the casket, not charlie…I hate ashtons’ beard, childish attitude, not to mention, Bridget is Judiths’ husband, Herbs’ sister, who slept with Charlie in past episodes, don’t chuck lorre think we remember every show since I personally have watched all the past shows over and over and over. I won’t be watching anymore. Bring Charlie back !!!!

Fred

Posted at 2:31 PM on September 28, 2011

IF I WANTED TO WATCH THAT70’S SHOW I WOULD, YOU HAVE ASHTON ACTING AS STUPID AS THE ROLE HE PLAYED ON THAT SHOW. AND ALAN’S CHARACTER ISN’T GETTING ANY BETTER. CHARLIE WAS WHAT MADE THE SHOW,

jim , MA

Posted at 2:14 PM on September 28, 2011

Producers and writers are “SHORT CHANGING” themselves on this DUD Show , NOW !!!! MANY MANY people I know and friends of ours will NOT be watching anymore, the show STINKS ….. All of our friends who in the PAST were great “2 1/2 MEN” supporters of the old ( a LOT of PEOPLE )with CHARLIE SHEEN ….. We HATE the show with Kutcher , he can’t act, he is NOT funny , and totally CLUELESS as an actor !!!!Sorry but even the WRITERS CANNOT SAVE this DUD !!!!The great WRITERS Please bring Charlie Harper back as a long lost 2nd or 3rd cousin , call him EDDIE HARPER ( ofcourse he’ll be played by the IMCOMPRABLE BEST one-LINER in this market , CHARLIE SHEEN !!!!! Better act quickly before this new “2 1/2″ TANKS !!!!!!! Please listen and learn from this …. Thank you, Jim , MA

ccwriter

Posted at 3:24 AM on September 28, 2011

Surprisingly, Kutcher doesn’t have the comic timing I expected from him, which has made the show duller. As tired as I was of them pushing the line with the “blue”/penis jokes, they still made me laugh.

And as much as I love Berta, her voice-overs are getting redundant. She’s hot for him, okay we get it.

I need to see some interplay w/ AK and Angus to get a real feeling of how the show will go. I will give it 4-6 episodes before making my final decision. So far, not impressed.

Maybe…just maybe…once Alan and the kid are back in the house the show will pick up. I’m willing to give it a chance to find its feet (having worked in “the biz” for most of my adult life, I know how difficult re-casts can be and how long it can take for an audience to accept it.

Everyone will have to face the fact it has a whole new dynamic.

camille

Posted at 2:12 PM on September 27, 2011

askton is a great silly actor but thats it. two and a half men need some one with an air of coolness not goofyness. if it was really necessary to replace charlie [which i doubt] they should have paid top dollar to john stamos or rob lowe to play the role. ashtons character is dry, dull, and basically a messed up grungy Kelso. The hair is disgusting, the beard is gross. He has no onscreen chemistry with anyone. His lines delivery is dull and not at all entertaining. Charlie Sheen had an air of coolness & life experience & was well put together… This show has not made me laugh this season. Very boring & disappointing. Bye Two and a Half Men.

Paul

Posted at 12:13 PM on September 27, 2011

Charlie Sheen is funny because he is a dry series type of comedy, while Kutcher might be funny at times playing a child minded grown up, its not strong enuoph to carry the show. Its sad to say, but this show is over. When you have to show to guys sleeping in the nude together, you know the shows in trouble. R.I.P two and a half men

rosie

Posted at 2:02 AM on September 25, 2011

I saw the new show and did not like it at all. I do like ash but nothing like charlie. I really dont think i will keep posted to the tv like i used to. Big mistake taking him out of the show

Libertee Belle

Posted at 12:23 PM on September 24, 2011

Will Berta (Conchata Ferrell) remain a regular on Two and a Half Men? Will her role be shortened or expanded? How will Rose fit in now that Charlie is no longer in the picture?

BTW I love the Berta charecter. Immensely.

Cherrie

Posted at 4:53 AM on September 23, 2011

I watch the show without Charlie Sheen as the main character and the raiting were not because the show was any bit hit. The show is nothing without Charlie Sheen as the main character. When Charlie Sheen was the main character I could not stop laughing throughout every episode. But, the show without him, I did not have one laugh and it was actually not funny at all. The show will not work without Charlie, please bring back Charlie, I don’t intend on watching the show again as the show is nothing without Charile. Please bring Charlie back as my entertainment has been destroyed. Please bring him back!!!!

Mike D.

Posted at 7:28 PM on September 22, 2011

Ashton’s no Charlie. He was greatly missed in the season premiere and I wont be following for the rest of the season.

abc

Posted at 4:00 PM on September 22, 2011

Charlie is the best. I saw the episode with Ashton..the producers are trying to get people attention by showing Ashton naked.. bleah. I hated the new episode.

Lucy

Posted at 3:31 PM on September 22, 2011

Ashton doesn’t match Charlie, everybody with a brain know that.

Gabriel

Posted at 8:08 PM on September 28, 2011

Just as I expected, a complete disaster. No chemistry whatsoever, Ashton is a dud is looks completely lost in his role, I give it a couple of months before the show is taken off the air.

You DO NOT REPLACE THE LEAD CHARACTER…PERIOD! It’s like replacing Alan Alda from M*A*S*H, Ted Danson from Cheers, Frazier from Frazier and the list goes on. Wake up Chuck while there is still time. I watched the 1st 2 episodes and will not watch any more. BTW, those voiceovers work maybe once or twice but the entire show????? Did you can the original writers as well?

Alice Bernier

Posted at 12:25 PM on September 29, 2011

I hate the show, bring Charle back he was funny, and I enjoy watching the show, now it’s boring and not funny at all. Charlie Sheen was the main character I could not stop laughing throughout every episode. I will not watch the show anymore BORING!!!!!!!!