You will love ‘Captain America’s’ Chris Evans as he steps out of his spandex and into his business suit for his role as a lawyer in this thrilling drama!
It’s been a while since Hollywood has released an exceptional law drama, so Puncture is an extra special treat! HollywoodLife.com checked out the film at the premiere hosted by Gucci on Sept. 15 at the Angelika Film Center. The film tells the true story of Mike Weiss (Chris Evans) and Paul Danziger (Mark Kassen), friends and partners of a small personal injury law firm in Houston. The fate of their firm suddenly changes when they meet Vicky (Vinessa Shaw), a nurse who has contracted a deadly disease at work after being pricked by a contaminated syringe.
These two dedicated lawyers seek to change the pharmaceutical industry for good by introducing a new contractible “safety needle” that cannot be used more than once, making it impossible for diseases to spread amongst those who touch them. However, as Weiss struggles with a severe drug addiction, both he and Danziger are forced over the edge and fear for the future of the case, their firm, and even their lives!
Here are the top 5 reasons to see Puncture when it hits theaters Sept. 23:
- Chris Evans proves he can execute more serious, intense roles. We smell some award nominations coming his way soon!
- Vinessa Shaw is drop-dead gorgeous–even in a hospital gown!
- In addition to Evans and Shaw, this film boasts a talented cast including brothers and co-directors Mark (who also plays Danziger in the film) and Adam Kassen, Rent’s Jesse L. Martin, and The Terminator’s Michael Biehn.
- When we said true story, we meant it–some of the “actors” in the film are actual lawyers who worked on the real-life case and were chosen to play themselves!
- The ending is so shocking, it will make your jaw drop!
After the film guests celebrated the film’s debut at the swanky CO-OP Penthouse at The Hotel on Rivington. Trust us when we say, it was quite the way to end Fashion Week!