'Teen Mom' Farrah Abraham's Daughter Sophia Misses Her Mommy!

Wed, September 21, 2011 11:11am EDT by 26 Comments

Sophia’s paternal grandmother Stormie Clark is worried that Farrah’s move away to college without Sophia, may be hurting the toddler — ‘This has to be scaring Sophia,’ she says!

Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham shocked fans when she broke down on TV and revealed that she was not only moving to Florida to attend school, but would be leaving her 2-year-old daughter Sophia behind with her mother, Debra Danielson, in Council Bluffs, Iowa. The separation between her and Sophia undoubtedly would cause problems. Now, paternal grandmother Stormie Clark‘s torn up over Farrah’s decision and fears that Farrah’s absence is greatly upsetting Sophia!

“It saddens me deeply,” Stormie tells OK! magazine. “This has to be scaring Sophia, not seeing her mother every day.”

It’s totally disheartening that Farrah decided to move without Sophia. “I was absolutely appalled to hear that Farrah had left Sophia with Debra,” says Stormie.

Stormie’s also upset that she doesn’t get to see Sophia anymore as she doesn’t have visitation rights. “Sophia is always on our minds and we pray for her every day,” she shares. “We wish that Farrah would open her heart and realize that Sophia needs to know all of her grandparents. We would cherish every second that we had with her.”

HollyMoms — do you think it was a bad decision of Farrah to leave Sophia behind?

More Teen Mom Stories:

1. Maci & Ryan Fight Over Bentley!
  2. Gary Shirley Takes Leah To See A Movie!
  3. Jenelle Evans Needs To Be A Mom Every Day!

gabriela victoria da silvas alves

Posted at 7:36 PM on April 13, 2012

nossa como eu gasta muito de vc

vieras

Posted at 2:43 PM on February 27, 2012

You made mistake Farrah! youre the best mom ever and sophia needs you! go get your daughter back. i’m the same age than you Farrah and my son is same age than sophia,i cant never leave my son. and i’m sure that sophia misses you so much ! sorry for my bad english T.someone from Finland.

guest

Posted at 3:11 PM on February 19, 2012

Yes Farrah’s mom is the best person to look after Sophia because look what a good job she did with Farrah. Thats sarcasm people.

Liz

Posted at 5:12 AM on January 11, 2012

Why did Farrah go through all the trouble to prove Derek was Sophia’s father if she was not going to allow his family to see her? I know it’s a reality show so they edit for entertainment and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but every time I’ve seen her on the show, she acts like a spoiled brat. There’s something wrong with women who can just leave their child like that. I couldn’t be away from mine for a day without going nuts.

Marcy

Posted at 7:31 PM on October 18, 2011

I think Farrah is a horrible mother. All she thinks about is herself and what she wants. If it wasnt for Debra (thank god) Sophia would be neglected by her mother. Farrah treats her parents like crap and expects many good things from them. All she is worried about is going to school and running around partying while her daughter is in someone elses care. Way to be a good parent Farrah.

Katie Ann

Posted at 1:39 PM on September 30, 2011

Umm, I’m sorry but if you have READ the past links about Sophia’s grandmother Stormie “supposedly” stopping SS benefits for Sophia, you would know that is a bunch of BS!! SS Asked her if Derek had told her that he was going to be a father! Hmm. No! Why? Because FARRAH never told him or anyone in his family that he was going to be a father!! Why? Because her and her wicked mother wanted Derek out of her life! So get your facts straight people before you start pointing fingers at Derek’s family! They Lost their son and Sophia is the only part of him that is left! And they won’t let them see Sophia! Sophia is stripped of having a loving family and she will find all of this out when she’s older and Farrah will have to face that!! Farrah is FAKE PEOPLE!!! Wake up! She’s a money hungry beeotch and a fame HOE! She doesn’t care about anyone but herself!!!!

Caitlin

Posted at 9:04 AM on February 29, 2012

I know this is old, but I just wanted to point out that Derek’s family DID know that Farrah was pregnant. In the news articles immediately following his death, his family talked about the fact that he had a baby on the way.

1Pick

Posted at 10:41 PM on September 25, 2011

Farrah has been “playing” Mom from the day Sophia was born. Her parents foot the bill for everything and allow her to behave the way she does. The way she treated that poor little puppy is the way she treats her child. The newness wears off, they get handed off to anyone that will take them. Shame on her and I hope her psycho mother keeps Sophia. At least Sophia will be with the only normal person in that family……Michael.

Who paid for all the trips to check out schools? Great way to prioritize Farrah.

Ann

Posted at 5:38 PM on September 25, 2011

I was a teen mom , and raised my baby, went to a community college and I worked . There was no reason for her to go a zillon Miles away . Once you have a baby you don’t get to go back and have wild college years .Not only that , if Sophia is with ferrah then Sophia want get to see her grandmother which would be hard for sophia . If she was raised by her grandmother and her mother she doesn’t need to be pulled away from either one

lea

Posted at 11:14 AM on September 25, 2011

Farrahs a good mom but shes really dumb and she needs to go to school and bring in some money for herself and Sophie so i think it was a good desicion to leave Sophia with her parents who know how to raise a baby.

melanie

Posted at 4:25 AM on September 24, 2011

I feel bad for Sophia. I’m not allowed to see my grandmother, (well, not so much disallowed as “if you had a brain, you wouldn’t see her either,”) and my other grandmother is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge drama-queen, and Aunt M. is a drama-queen too, and my Aunt L. is the only normal and sweet one in my extended-family but she lives really far away, and my moms brother & his wife are SO mean and so are their kids, and my mom’s mom (the drama-queen) has a really mean husband, and it’s really, really hard to have all these mean people in your life, that are not supposed to be mean because they’re family. Oh, and I can think of probably 4 of them who might not be drug addicts. But the rest definitely are.
My point is, I know it’s going to be hard for Sophia especially when she gets older. If you know how it feels to be jealous of people who say “We’re going to see my grandma!” or “I’m visiting my cousin/best friend ever!!” then you understand what I’m talking about.

Dev

Posted at 12:44 AM on October 4, 2011

Melanie, I’m so sorry things have been hard for you. This isn’t even about Farrah and Sophia – I just read your post and really wanted to give you some support. Hun, you’re far better off than those that are your “family.” You will build connections that are much greater than those from which you came. I have a fairly dysfunctional family (both sides) and I can empathize with your frustration. Best of luck to you babe; you have the gift of empathy and it will serve you well.

Nicole

Posted at 4:08 PM on September 23, 2011

Farrah did NOT need to go all the way to Flordia…I’m so sick of her garbage over her babys father, how long did she even know him? My lord, she uses it as a constant excuse for lack of parenting skills. God bless the man, but how many people are single parents,babys father ran away blah blah, yet they step up to the plate and take care of buisness. Farrah has always been able to push her daughter onto her grandparents, granted they have no problem with it, she abuses it. So sad she now believes this is best for Sophia. Her parents might as well get custody….you just don’t come and go as you please as a mother. It doesnt work like that, you dont go states away to finish school. I was a teen mom, guess what…there went colleg…and here came community college. Was it what I had in mind? No but I’m almost done with college and every night I get to kiss and hold my child.

suzanne

Posted at 9:27 PM on September 22, 2011

i think that farrah did a good thing in one way. she needs to find her self and accomplish hers goals, like finishing school. i like what her mother said about once she finds her self she will be a better mom. she had sophia young and she didn’t have time to do things she wanted to to. its probably really hard on farrah to not see sophia but it what she needs to do in order to make her and sophias life better. once she’s done school she will be able to get a really good job and will be able to take really good care of sophia. i believe once farrah get some along time, and time to heal from her lose she will be ready to have sophia join her in florida, but right now she needs to figure things out. she cant do very easily when she has sophia with her. it will be hard enough with school, that she doesn’t need to worry about sophia when shes in daycare. she wouldn’t be able to just bring sophia to her grandparents when she needs a break. she made a good choice in order to make her and sophias life better.

Rachel

Posted at 12:59 PM on September 22, 2011

This story isnt even true, she has her in florida with her hello??

eh

Posted at 10:44 AM on September 22, 2011

Stormie reminds me of my daughters paternal grandma ugh

Cand.

Posted at 10:00 PM on September 21, 2011

I am not understanding. Why will someone in their right mind leave their child with their parents? When you have a child that is your responsibility. When you have a child at a young age you forfit any plans you had for yourself. What shes doing, I personally think, is selfish. A child needs their mother. You mean to tell me she can’t go to a good college locally? Its a bunch of crap. I feel for her losing the babys father, but she needs to see the gift she recieved and get past the mourning and leaving your child with your mom while you go to college and get yourself together is not going to do that. Its time to be an adult and put your child first. Sophia needs her mother.

MK

Posted at 10:59 PM on September 21, 2011

Cand. i TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! You give up the chance to have a “normal college experience” when you get pregnant in high school! It’s not her mom’s job to watch her. Sophia should be with her MOTHER. I can’t believe she’s leaving her in Iowa and going all the way to Florida without her, it’s a load of bull.

Ally

Posted at 8:27 PM on September 21, 2011

I applaud Farrah’s position to put Sophia first. Farrah wanetd to go away to get an education to better further not only her life, but SOPHIA’S life (remember, who is the most important person in all of this?!). I’d say Farrah made the right descision to leave Sophia behind, so that she could go out and get an education and know that Sophia would be taken care of. It’s not a slack deciscion, it’s probably one of the hardest deciscions she has ever had to make, and it can’t of been easy on her. I used to think she was nothing but a “brat” and just plain whingy (sorry), but I’m sure we can all see Farrah trying to change things to have a better life for herself and her child. GIVE FARRAH A BREAK!

me

Posted at 8:07 PM on September 21, 2011

i was a teen mom, who went to a local college and worked and took care of my child, i didn’t need to find myself as i had a child to take care of and leave the state…and i think debra just wanted sophia to herself, i am sorry but i think it is wrong to leave someone so young for long long periods of time to find your self…aren’t there colleges and therapists there and not thousands and thousands of miles away…give me a break

steo

Posted at 11:54 PM on September 22, 2011

U must not have had the means to take your judgmental ass out of state. This works in more than tee pregnancy. Does she have to have a reason that u approve of like the military or something for her child to still turn out great. This is everyday happenings

Katie

Posted at 4:08 PM on September 23, 2011

yea but did your babys daddy DIE BEFORE YOUR CHILD WAS BORN!!! she didnt have time to deal with that and heal from the loss!! he mother made it so they couldnt be together not her!! give her a break let he heal!!

HI 50

Posted at 5:05 PM on September 21, 2011

Stormie needs to STFU! She refused to acknowledge Sophia as her son’s daughter. Refused to help SOPHIA get benefits then took Farrah to court for visitation AFTER all that. STFU Stormie, what the hell would you know about Sophia’s emotional development, NADA!!

Farrah is doing a good thing for Sophia. Her mother has helped Farrah in raising Sophia & the little girl will live in comfort with her grandparents. Farrah can concentrate on higher education which will help both Farrah & Sophia in the future. This is only temporary AND there can be visitatons during school breaks, daily phone/video calls, and Sophia is in a home where she is LOVED!

Great decision in the best interest of Sophia!!

jess

Posted at 2:15 PM on September 21, 2011

She left Sophia so she could get herself settled. She is now with her mother. This site is nothing but gossip.

Tiki

Posted at 11:41 AM on September 21, 2011

I’m sorry but I think what ferrah did was a pretty rational thing! yes, Its not ideal to be away from soph, but I agree with debrah, she needs to find herself. with dereks death its even more of a struggle and even though her additude is worse then poor, shes been doing a great job of juggling so much!

Stormie was a witch when it came to getting Sophia survivor benifits, so why on EARTH would anyone want to expose that poor little girl to a women who would go out of her way to stop her “cherished” grandaughter from getting the money she deserved out of spite? now bashing farrah to the tabloids.. yeah.. classy.

Jessy

Posted at 1:05 PM on September 21, 2011

I think Ferrah is doing the right thing. She is thinking about both their futures. It’s better that she does it now when Sophia is little. I too was a teen mom at 16 and did the same thing. I made sure to call regularly and visit on every break. By the time I was done with school my child was 5 and about to enter school. Now 10 years later my son doesn’t even remember the time I spent away.