'Gossip Girl' Spoilers: Will Chuck Stop Blair's Wedding? Or Is She Really Becoming A Princess?

Wed, September 21, 2011 8:40pm EDT by 37 Comments
Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf Wedding

We went to a ‘Gossip Girl’ screening of the season premiere today and can we just say — wow! Josh Safran sat down and answered multiple questions about the upcoming season. Read on for spoilers!

Many of you are dying to know secrets about the upcoming Gossip Girl season premiere, particularly anything involving one Miss Blair Waldorf and her feelings toward her fiance, Chuck Bass and Dan Humphrey. And while we can’t give everything away we can tell you that she doesn’t have any scenes at all with one of these characters in the premiere.

Sorry Chair fans, those of you looking for some Blair and Chuck interactions will have to wait a little bit. While Chuck is forced to face Blair’s impending wedding when he comes back from his worldly travels, the two don’t interact in the premiere. She does however, have quite the conversations with both Prince Louis and Dan. Just because she’s not interacting with Chuck doesn’t mean we don’t get to see feisty Blair in full force.

That being said, will she continue with her plans to wed Louis? Executive producer Josh Safran says yes. “You will see all steps up to, at least, if not including, Blair’s wedding,” he teases.

And what about Chuck? Josh explains that the theme of this season, for everyone, is “growing up”. “They are all actually taking the first steps to who they are going to be,” says Josh. “Chuck’s journey, even though it looks like he’s a thrill-seeker [in the premiere], that opens the door to a new avenue for him, a new way of life, which isn’t what you’ve seen yet. But I think people will really like it. I think it’s the only actual step in the evolution of Chuck.”

Hmm, does that mean grown up Chuck wouldn’t get in the way of Blair’s wedding? And how does Dan play into all of this? “The triangle in our minds is sort of Chuck and Louis and Blair,” reveals Josh. “Dan’s role in it is sort of surprising … I don’t know if it’s necessarily romantic with Dan and Blair.”

And for those die-hard fans who are worried that Chuck, Blair, Dan, Nate and Serena will not be getting enough screen time with each other, do not stress. “We have our core cast more together than they have been since season one,” explains Josh. “We only have like five or six people [in some episodes]. You see all of them [the regulars] in every episode.”

As for the pregnancy question all we can reveal is you do know which gal is pregnant by the end of the premiere. And everything may not pan out in the way you, ahem, expect.

Reporting by Lorena O’Neil

Elizabeth

Posted at 12:33 AM on September 23, 2011

Can’t wait for Chuck and Blair to reunite again!!! <33333

Christa

Posted at 3:39 PM on September 22, 2011

So much good stuff in your write up!
Dan and Blair are not romantic.
Chuck seems to be evolving and changing (he needs to grow up and be redeemed for Blair).
CAST INTEGRATION!
S5 is looking better. :)

Anne Perkins

Posted at 4:15 PM on September 22, 2011

Cast interaction is the best news. The second half of last season was terrible because of all the guest stars and all the couples being torn apart.

Thanx for the article. Fingers crossed we get more Chair in later episodes and Chuck breaks up the wedding!

LH

Posted at 2:37 PM on September 22, 2011

CHAIR 4 LIFE!!! Bring on our CB EPICNESS, REUNION, & HAPPINESS!! CHAIR is KISMET!!!

Bonnie

Posted at 12:31 PM on September 22, 2011

I hope we get more Chair after the premiere. Thank you for the spoilers!

L. E.

Posted at 10:40 AM on September 22, 2011

CHAIR ALL THE WAY!!! CB=DESTINY=ENDGAME!!!

Adrienne De Chair

Posted at 10:22 AM on September 22, 2011

Yay for the redemption of Chuck,now he will be the perfect man for Blair and the best dad in the world for the baby! I’m sure Chuck will ignite “the run-away-bride” mission, he did let her go bc he thought Louis is a better man for Blair,but he’ll realise that the only perfect match for her is him!This season is the season of gowth for all the characters,hopefully:) Love my Chair forever!

MSC

Posted at 9:28 AM on September 22, 2011

Now I’m excited for the new season of Gossip Girl! Every other write up just was rubbing me the wrong way and nobody commented on what Safran said at all. If Chuck and Blair still love and are each others story then I’m there.

Milena

Posted at 8:41 AM on September 22, 2011

I am very excited for Chuck and Blair and how they will reunite again. Thats what I care about on GG.<3333
Thank you for the spoilers you gave!

ds

Posted at 7:26 AM on September 22, 2011

Thanks for great news about Chuck&Blair <3333 Totally exited for their new journey…Tho I'm really surprised that pregnancy is surprising =))) Twisting the truth maybe a little while???..And I'm very happy to hear that mains will interact more this season!!! amazing news…

Jai

Posted at 6:33 AM on September 22, 2011

Thank you so much for this. Honestly the thought of no Chuck and Blair in the premiere makes me want to skip that episode (actually made me less then excited for the new season) but the Josh Safran quotes did make me feel slightly more excited.
While I’m not thrilled Blair is still planning her wedding and that it could actually get as far as the wedding (or *shudders* marriage) I do love that he mentioned that they view it as a love triangle between Chuck/Blair/Louis (Team Chair!) and I love (so much love) that Chuck really seems to be growing. I can’t wait to see this new way of life for him.

S

Posted at 6:20 AM on September 22, 2011

How can it not be romantic with Dan and Blair if he already has feelings for her…? isn’t that romantic?

ddlovatofan

Posted at 9:03 AM on September 22, 2011

I can’t wait for CHAIR moments :)
And how can someone like Dan and Blair. Don’t get it !

amanda

Posted at 5:07 AM on September 22, 2011

yaaaaay! tbh honest I wasn’t really excited about the premiere until I read this, so thanks!! CB <3

Stacia

Posted at 3:13 AM on September 22, 2011

Just wanted to thank you for including the Josh Safran quotes in your write up. They have made my day. lollll

Karina Murphy

Posted at 2:56 AM on September 22, 2011

Thank you! I appreciate you getting the scoop on Chuck and Blair in the 5.01 premiere. :) I hate that Blair and Chuck are not interacting and she’s continuing on with the wedding but I’m looking forward to more Chuck and Blair in future episodes since the writers see the triangle as being about Chuck, Blair and Louis. :)

Steph

Posted at 1:32 AM on September 22, 2011

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I’ve been waiting for a Blair and Chuck scoop from the get go and you finally gave me something.

Lexie

Posted at 12:23 AM on September 22, 2011

The main theme here that makes season 5 promising is “growth” because all of these characters need to grow up after seasons of regressing. I am a Blair and Serena fan first and hearing Serena might be growing is heaven sent. Blair’s storyline, I just don’t like because she’s regressing into weird fantasies again. I do have hope for those emotional Blair and Chuck scenes. They’re usually rather beautiful.

Elizabeth

Posted at 11:32 PM on September 21, 2011

Best GG news in a while!

Bri

Posted at 10:04 PM on September 21, 2011

Chuck and Blair!! Even more excited for Chuck’s growth this season!

Veronica

Posted at 9:45 PM on September 21, 2011

Thank you so much for this preview! It’s much more promising than some of the others I’ve read… especially the part about Dan and Blair not necessarily being romantic :) Can’t wait to see what’s in store for Chuck and Blair (and Nate and Serena) this season!

Nicole

Posted at 9:21 PM on September 21, 2011

Thank U so much!!!!! :D
I can’t wait for monday :D
Now I can sleep peacefully :)

Sandra

Posted at 9:09 PM on September 21, 2011

Great interview! Love everything about it especially about Chuck’s growth. Finally! Lots of cast interaction. Love it! Dair not romantic. Well that makes me happy too lol! Really looking forward to this season.

crista

Posted at 9:07 PM on September 21, 2011

“The triangle in our minds is sort of Chuck and Louis and Blair,” reveals Josh. “Dan’s role in it is sort of surprising … I don’t know if it’s necessarily romantic with Dan and Blair.” Best part. I’m a Chair shipper and OI was about to quit this show.Thanks and I’ll be reading your Gossip Girl stuff not the others.

Katie

Posted at 9:06 PM on September 21, 2011

Thanks so much for the article! Really looking forward to seeing Chuck’s growth as he becomes the man who’s right for Blair. Main cast interaction sounds good too!

Megan

Posted at 9:01 PM on September 21, 2011

Thanks you so much for giving us information on Chuck and Blair. I love them and you are the one of the first reporters to tell us what Safran said. I’m on the Chuck and Blair train and will stay that way! Thanks!

Morgan

Posted at 8:57 PM on September 21, 2011

Okay, first off, thank you thank you THANK YOU for this info! I’m sad there’s no CB in the premiere, but I am very excited to watch Chuck start to grow. That’s all I’ve really wanted since about mid-season 3.

And did you say more cast interaction?! I think I want to marry you. The biggest problem with season 4 was the cast isolation, so I’m SO HAPPY that’s changing!