Dark makeup can be overwhelming, but Rashida’s look is sultry and sexy.
Makeup artist, Jo Strettell, created Rashida Jones‘ look for the 2011 Emmy Awards using Maybelline cosmetics. Find out which deep shades will get you this sexy look, without being too over the top.
- To even complexion and create a natural base, Jo prepped Rashida’s skin with Maybelline New York Fit Me! Foundation in Honey Beige. On the apples of cheeks, she used Maybelline New York Fit Me! Blush in Medium Mauve, a dusty pink blush to complement the rosy color of Rashida’s gown. Next, Jo contoured and highlighted with a shimmery powder.
- Jo used Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black to create a glamorous eye look. She dotted the liner between areas of Rashida’s top and bottom lashes. Next, to create the illusions of denser lashes, she ran the liner along the top and bottom lashlines.
- To set the gel liner and line the entire inner rim of the eye, Jo used Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Drama Cream Pencil in Coal Commander. She then applied a shimmery cream shadow to the inner corners of the eyes and as a highlight over the brow bone.
- She finished the dramatic eye look with several coats of Maybelline New York The Falsies by Volum’ Express Mascara in Blackest Black.
- Jo added rich color and glamorous shine to the lips with Maybelline New York Color Sensational High Shine Lipcolor in Dazzling Plum — the perfect product to achieve Rashida’s deep vixen pout!
Would YOU try darker makeup like Rashida?
Get Glamorous With Our Friends At Glamour.com!
- 67 Outfit Ideas To Steal From New York Fashion Week Spring 2012
- Spring 2012’s Most Wearable Fashion Trends
- The Top 10 OMG Moments of Spring 2012 New York Fashion Week
- Spring 2012 Shoes: The 13 Hottest Stems Straight From The New York Runways