'Basketball Wives LA' Star Jackie Christie: 'I'm Starting To Like Draya!'

Sat, September 17, 2011 12:00pm EDT by 32 Comments
Loading video...

Jackie tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively Draya’s attendance at her bachelorette party changed her opinion of Draya!

The drama’s starting to heat up between the new cast of Basketball Wives LA! As the women are finally starting to get to know each other, it seems that one woman in particular is being centered out from the group. Draya Michele has a crazy past of dating different athletes and even Rihanna‘s ex-boyfriend Chris Brown, so judgments are flying. But her co-star Jackie Christie tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively that she is growing quite fond of Draya, especially after Draya attended her bachelorette party!

“My opinion now at this point in the season is actually Draya was invited to my bachelorette party and she’s starting to come into her own,” Jackie shares. “She’s funny and I’m starting to like her.”

At first, Jackie hesitated from getting close to Draya because she seemed a bit wild — and getting to know a group of so many different women can be intimidating. “It’s so many different personalities,” explains Jackie. “You’ve got 7-8 women — some are stronger than others. Everybody has passion. There’s times when you get along. There’s times when you don’t. You definitely have differences but I think everybody will be surprised on how it turns out with Draya.”

Besides the questions circulating around Draya, Jackie also had an interesting experience at her bachelorette party with the strippers that put on a show in the last episode. “It was exciting,” Jackie recalls. “The guy stripper was kind of wet and yuck! It was grossing me out. And the girl, she was really pretty and nice, but I couldn’t figure out — she was so gorgeous, why aren’t you an actress or something because she was really pretty.”

BFFs — be sure to check out our video interview with Jackie above — and tune in to VH1 on Monday for an all-new Basketball Wives LA!

- Lindsey DiMattina

weight loss

Posted at 7:45 AM on June 6, 2012

Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It if truth be told was a enjoyment account it. Glance advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?

DC VA Emergency Board up

Posted at 1:31 PM on June 5, 2012

I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i am glad to convey that I’ve a very just right uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I so much without a doubt will make sure to do not overlook this site and give it a look regularly.

Jahb

Posted at 7:11 PM on November 25, 2011

I like the show that’s my show I love all of the girls u ladies are some loving ladies and I do look forwad to meet any 1of u ladies soon am in ny. It’s an open invitation to any one of u beautiful empress

doris williams

Posted at 8:54 PM on November 24, 2011

I just started watching the show, and my opinion is they all have low vocabularies, because a person who curses so much has to use curse words to get their point across. My next opinion is that Jackie is a #1nutcase in every sense of the word. I don’t think Draya would give Doug a second glance. It’s only my opinion. but I think that only Jackie would want Doug, and only Doug would want Jackie. ONLY reason they are still together. Jackie was cute in her younger picture, If that’s really her. Her poor children are in a bad way because she always says she loves doug, but I never heard her say once that she loves her children. If sh is incapable of loving them, she should have stayed motherless.

DREA

Posted at 9:24 PM on November 21, 2011

When’s Doug christie gonna dump that crazy psycho she/he Jackie?

delredd

Posted at 5:29 PM on November 20, 2011

jackie wants draya 4 her own freaky ass needs. LTFOL!!!!!

teafortwo

Posted at 7:09 PM on November 9, 2011

Jackie is bipolar,inmature, and crazy.

Monifa Lambert

Posted at 5:22 PM on October 26, 2011

Gloria is the prettiest woman on this show, but she should stop listening to all of the other fake women before she ends up miserable. I hope that Doug Christie divorces his wife Jackie because he can do a lot better! Doug needs to find a young,less dramatic, and peaceful wife. I am not mad at the women for airing the show because women of other ethnicities get paid to keep drama going on television too!

Tee

Posted at 5:04 PM on October 23, 2011

I just watched an episode of this show were the women ganged up on Draya for her past with her son. All I can say is that these self righteous women are terrible. This is what gives black women a bad rep. They should be ashamed to be on TV with this mess. Goes to show how shallow people are. If they were real women they would try to help this young girl that probably grew up watchin bullshit on TV like them. I hope and prey this stuff is not real. Jackie you are judging her or you wouldnt have done so much to put her on blast. I think they are jealous because they are fat and old. Keep your head up Draya only god can judge you and if the thing with your son did happen just do better.

Ann

Posted at 4:49 PM on October 19, 2011

Ann

Posted at 4:48 PM on October 19, 2011

Can anyone but me see this show may very well be scripted and Jackie is being controversial for higher ratings? I like Jackie and thinks she would be a good friend as long as you don’t double cross her. If this is not all made up for the camera’s she seems like she is suffering from depression which could be causing misdirected anger and stress now that her mom has died of cancer. I’m no Shrink but there is no other explanation for Jackie’s erratic behavior.

Jackie Handy

Posted at 11:21 AM on October 14, 2011

I THINK THAT JACKIE IS CRAZY OR BIPOLAR.I THINK ALOT OF THE WOMEN ON THE SHOW IS JEALOUS OF DRAYA. WHY IS SHE ALWAYS THE TOPIC OF THE CONVERSATION?

Ann

Posted at 4:52 PM on October 19, 2011

I think it is exaggerated for ratings!
But rating or not why was Laura allowed to say White is right and she is threw with black men? Aren’t her children black?
Isn’t her daddy black? This is not good for her children’s self-esteem to ever hear her say this!

TRACIE CAMPBELL

Posted at 12:53 PM on October 12, 2011

JACKIE ONLY LIKES DRAYA BECAUSE SHE IS AFRAID THAT DRAYA WILL STEAL HER MAN. SHE FIGURES, IF YOU CANT BEAT EM’ JOIN EM’ SMART MOVE OLD LADY!!!

Monifa Lambert

Posted at 5:14 PM on October 26, 2011

Jackie is too ghetto,loud and fake. I can tell that Doug Christie is miserable and faking his happiness with this woman. Laura and Matt should have stayed away from Doug and Jackie because they are miserable and now Matt and Lauras relationship is ruined

cookie

Posted at 8:43 AM on October 12, 2011

Imani is the most fake old woman i dont like her and jackie is so phony drea you are the sweetest young woman on the show and who are all those old ass women to put you down most women want to unlift another Black woman but they dont and gloria phony rachett ass brung you on the show to be messy as she wants to be any fool know her man cheating on her get real boo.

delredd

Posted at 10:24 PM on October 10, 2011

i just watch episode 7 there we go again jackie loves 2 mention draya’s name she’s the main fucking 1. jackie like draya n her nasty lil world if not y would she keep o talking about her n front thr other whores she put her down. this shit is so damm childish of jackie ur the oldest 1. draya is not don’t stupid enough 2 say a word about jackie behind her back 2 the others come on now? jackie just told draya let’s become good friends n don’t tell the girls. wtf?? jackie little chilren say stupid shit like the really not grown stank ass cunts like u. gloria i didn’t look at u half naked only the sneek peek at 7 u look so stupid, pitful & tried seems like matt b having u 2 suck his dick & nuts 24/7 whick i know that indeed u love doing, bitch please go sat the fuck down u will never b good-looking & sexy like draya lil yella ass. please draya don’t trust jackie at all she’s has a on/off switch at u. u never knows what the fuck she’ll about 2 say 2 u she’s a big stupid rat eye ugly bad built dow on the low dike.and malaysia ur a 2 faced big teeth bitch i was likng u but u talk about draya behind her back 2 imani u don’t want 2 b friends with her.ur a grown woman can u fucking see or u just stupid they’ll don’t won’t u and draya friends.watch out draya 4 all these mean, bitter, ugly ass snakes 4 women.

HUH?

Posted at 6:42 AM on November 10, 2011

I’m about 20 IQ points dumber for reading your post. Please have a look and ask yourself…How did I get this ignorant?

GRITS

Posted at 7:40 PM on October 10, 2011

At the end of the last BBW LA episode I declared that I would never watch that show again! It is becoming more and more obvious that Jackie Christie is a teenager trapped in the body of an old woman! Why else would she try so hard to create a circle of friends that excludes and demeans other black women? It seems to give her a sense of empowerment to put Draya down. If it is that deep, don’t talk to Draya, distance yourself from her. Don’t invite her to a ‘circle gathering’ so that you can taunt and belittle her (all while you sit back and smile as she cries). Why do you think you are so much better than Draya and that she needs to pay dues or show you reverence? Jackie, stop smelling yourself!

disturbed

Posted at 10:59 PM on October 4, 2011

I am disturbed by they way they attack Draya AND LAURA who da hell are you???Your life is messed up and you are an unfit mother because you stay in an unfit situation and cannot control your anger!!!! I wonder what happens when you are around your kids. Fighting is not cute and shows your immaturity. Dont know why half of you are on the show cause you are not basketball wives and never will be. Guess you will want to fight me now???

red

Posted at 5:00 PM on October 6, 2011

Jackie’you are so fake.The other two ladye left the show because of the DRAMA good for them.I will not watch any more of this BS show.

Shelly

Posted at 9:38 PM on October 4, 2011

Draya is definately the most attractive one on the show. They are obviously jealous of her and have a lot of pinned up aggression and want to take it out on someone and she is an easy target. I had respect for Jackie because she seemed the most level headed out of the group until the last episode when she started being as messy as the others especially Matt’s wife and her evil sister. The show has lost its appeal. They are all messy!

Jackie Christie is not beautiful. She looks like a transvestite – for real!

Sandy

Posted at 6:39 PM on October 4, 2011

I like the show but all the GROWN women talk about is Draya. I think they are a little too old to be acting the way they act. How about we have a show where a group of grown black women can just get along instead of fighting/arguing all the time like little girls.

drfwild1

Posted at 3:00 PM on October 4, 2011

if i was draya I would tell you to go too Hell. you and your other 3 dogs are bad people.. did your man look at Draya. I do not like any of you fat cows. I will not watch 4 fat people pick on one. tell matt to hit hes live in in the mouth, she’s not all that but a baby making.

keep it real

Posted at 1:54 PM on October 4, 2011

John, your eyes must be closed. There is nothing beautiful about that turtle looking jackie. She is old and crazy. She is deceptive and hungry for mess. She and the other girls except for malaysia has only had bad things to say about draya. Draya was invited in the circle and the tacky wedding but the invites were not at all geniune. Draya you need to get your tazer for those old bigots. Gloria i thought you were in your mid thirties. Jackie got to be about 68 and laura you look 47. Imani you look about 45 and fix your ugly weave. JACKIE YOU ARE MENTALLY UNSTABLE!!!!!!! LAURA YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!!!! Jackie you actually think by getting married every year is going to keep your marriage together. A ceremony or a piece of paper can’t hold a man down if he want to leave. You are DELUSIONAL AND VERY DYSFUNCTIONAL!!!!!!!!!

TriciaB

Posted at 10:18 PM on October 3, 2011

I really can’t get away from these stupid women. I gravitate toward them every Monday, LOL. All they speak about is fighting, someones’ past, etc. Draya made a mistake, she is young, get over it. She looks better than all of the women on this show. One lady has been with some man for ten years and never got married, wow, how silly you must feel. I would never be with anyone that damn long and keep having babies, and don’t get married. Sister girl, same way, still with a man, got two babies, not married. Jackie and Maylasia are the only ones that are married. Jackie, she is older, trying to be with the young pups. Stay on the porch with the old dogs. Since when did any of them become detectives? I would not want to be any part of that stupid group. As you will see next week, one of the baby mama’s is posing in lingerie, for her live in man. Trying to be a Draya.

john

Posted at 4:45 PM on September 17, 2011

Jackie Christie is beautiful and the only real wife to me she makes the show fun to watch and shes seems to really care about the girls on there is there a way to connect with her via a website or somthing?

D. Young

Posted at 10:46 PM on September 26, 2011

Where is Kimsha? Did she leave the show?

Shawna

Posted at 9:05 AM on October 2, 2011

John, what show are you watching? Jackie can care less about Draya. She said that she was going to pitvh draya’s present and she keeps mentioning her in a negative form. Everyone has a past, but DrayDraya came in the circle respecting all of the girls. and didn’t expect or ask the others to explain their pasts. I feel that all of the ladies (except Malasia) are immature and condescending. Who is Laura to judge Draya? She is not innocent either. Did Laura forget that she was a jump-off? Bring back Kimsha cuz I feel that she will really tell each girl about themselves.

paula

Posted at 1:07 PM on October 4, 2011

Jackie is more busted than spare tire on a bumpy road. She’s been around the corner so many times, her neck bears the rings. She’s a jealous ho that thinks Beautiful Draya has the potential to take Christie away from her and that’s on the real. Get it together Jackie. Whereever you go I am putting you on blast until you apologize for how you’re treating that young, impressionable girl.

drfwild1

Posted at 3:05 PM on October 4, 2011

she’s a bad person and crazy. her and the other fat cows. think they are all that.

mzlynnyeahshefancy