Good For You, Justin Bieber! It Took Humility To Support Selena Gomez's Ex-Boyfriend At His Premiere!

Fri, September 16, 2011 2:18pm EST by 59 Comments
Selena Gomez Ex Boyfriends

Many people forget that Taylor Lautner and Selena Gomez dated a couple years back — but judging from Justin Bieber’s attitude at the ‘Abduction’ premiere in Los Angeles Sept. 15, he remembered all too well!

I don’t think Justin Bieber has anything to worry about when it comes to Selena Gomez rekindling her flame for Taylor Lautner, but it still must have been hard for him to swallow his pride, step aside and let Taylor and Selena have the spotlight last night at the Abduction premiere while he just watched.

Selena and Taylor first started dating the spring of 2009 when they were both in Vancouver shooting films — he was working on New Moon, while she was filming Ramona and Beezus. According to reports, the couple broke off their relationship before the summer even began because Taylor felt it best to be single for his career. Since that time, both actors have had nothing but positive things to say about each other…and Taylor even went on to date Selena’s best friend, Taylor Swift.

At this point, Justin, 17, and Selena, 19, have dated far longer and more seriously than Taylor, 19, and Selena did, but an ex is still an ex. No wonder the Biebs seemed a little on edge when he arrived at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood for the premiere. Our reporter watched first-hand as Justin tried to stay out of the spotlight by opting out of red carpet photos and asking Selena to meet him near the entrance after she was done taking pics.

The carpet was taking a little longer than Justin expected and he started getting frustrated. All he wanted was to slip in the theater and get away from everything. Our reporter told me he repeatedly said to his bodyguard, “Where is she? Where is she? I told her to meet me here, did she go the other way? I said for her to meet me here, I told her that!”

At first this struck me as incredibly controlling. After all, it’s not like Justin was going to be separated from Selena for all eternity. His reaction seemed too intense for the situation. But then I put myself in his shoes.

I’m proud of Justin for removing himself from the spotlight, swallowing his pride and letting his girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend shine. That could not have been easy — especially with fans screaming and shouting his name. This just goes to show how dedicated of a boyfriend Justin is to Selena. He’ll do anything for her, even if it means putting himself in a potentially awkward situation.

Have you ever had to deal with your significant other’s ex? Were you as civil as Taylor and Justin? Sound off below!

Get The Latest Bieber News!

1. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Visit The Set Of ‘Jessie’ — Are They Acting Again?
  2. Justin Bieber Goes To Hooters With Selena Gomez Again! Pics!
  3. Justin Bieber Treats Selena Gomez Like A Princess At The Movie Theater! Exclusive Details!

Kiss my azz

Posted at 9:23 PM on March 31, 2012

Go wit taylor yall are gude couples

Josephine

Posted at 12:46 PM on March 27, 2012

Youtube has videos of Selena Gomez kissing Justin Bieber!

Josephine

Posted at 12:41 PM on March 27, 2012

OMG… Justin Bieber is dating Selena Gomaz

RAMONA735

Posted at 10:37 AM on January 27, 2012

OMG…justin is too little for dating with selena. but i love justin. and i think that taylena is really better than jelena…and even if taylor was not selena’s BF now it’s good that date with together…

***** *****

Posted at 6:37 PM on January 17, 2012

Selena Gomez have been dateing even when she was NOT a star
so a break up with taylor whatever a regular breakup NOT a big deal and now she dateing justin even better for her, they always have to make it a big deal, how about if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend, and they put it on the internet i know shes a star i know i know but you dont have to make a
BIG deal about it.

imbackbaby

Posted at 12:33 PM on December 3, 2011

lol :) “Where is she? I told her to meet me here! I told her that!” I wud think he was cute if he wasn’t such a wus just like bruno mars (even tho bruno is ugly )

Kelly

Posted at 3:02 PM on September 17, 2011

Selena had every right to be there and show her friend Taylor support. I don’t see why Justin should have a problem with it. I mean, he still hangs out with his ex-girlfriend, Caitlin. I felt sorry for Selena when she got booed by some of the fans at the premiere.

Well

Posted at 3:12 PM on September 17, 2011

Taylor didn’t show up to Selena’s premiere for Ramona and Beezus…

Seriously

Posted at 2:24 PM on September 17, 2011

TAYLOR AND SELENA WEREN’T BOYFRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND! Selena’s costar, Jennifer Stone, said so.

synthia

Posted at 12:31 PM on March 23, 2012

hello people

Cum on now

Posted at 2:13 PM on September 17, 2011

Oh cum on now Justin really u gettin intense for tht ain’t nobody tell u to go to his premeire u went and u knew Taylor and Selena use to date and u still went u shouldn’t get mad at Selena or get mad at all cuz I know u know tht dey was a couple in 09 I’m a fan of you In Selena but imma keep it real da only reason I think u took her out to tht premiere was to show her off to Taylor and to show tht u got her now Im hoping ur relationhip with Selena will last and not break up ova ex boyfriends or ex girlfriends u knew tht they use to date in now u wanna catch an attitude wen she takes her time to meet u sum where if u didn’t want her to take a long time u shouldve took pics wit dem in walked of wit her it was not an awkward position for u it just wasn’t how u planned tht night to go……frm wat I see it u two spend almost everyday together in ur upset for tht one night let’s hope u didn’t leave wit anger and started an arguement wit her Im a fan always but really Jb I do see u as da jealouse type bcuz u should try to keep Selena cuz u know and I know and all ur beliebers know tht she can leave u for sum one else I’m being real cuz u shouldn’t be mad for stuff lyk tht it’s petty I luv u both so fan always……ps.work on ur anger I’m being a real fan in sayin u get mad to fast……..fan always jelena <3

sara

Posted at 10:48 AM on December 26, 2011

i cant beliv it ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ann

Posted at 1:30 PM on September 17, 2011

Okay for record Selena and Taylor dated then when they broke up he got with swift. Two ohh cry a river bieber really? I mean he hangs with his ex catlin so why is this different. She was going for support and wanted to prolly take pics. Plus they did not stay they went to eat. I think he is getting too over protective of her, I mean its Selena Gomez haha she is gonna support her friends just because its an ex does not mean they can’t be friends. Unless they hate when each other hang withexs then that’s another story. I mean he prolly feels he will lose her cause she getting much older.

Shakira

Posted at 7:12 AM on December 11, 2012

Do you know that Taylor laughtners was caught French kissing with caitlin

emily

Posted at 11:34 AM on September 17, 2011

wow that must have been really awkward for justin…. i’ve never seen him this intense..he should just break up with selena -.-

Maia

Posted at 6:12 PM on November 22, 2011

Justin should not break up with selena just because she supporting her friends. That how selena is she a nice person and that who she is and if u don’t like that then 2 bad.

dhonnaturno

Posted at 8:57 AM on September 17, 2011

I got a $829.99 iPad2 for only $103.37 and my mom got a $1499.99 HDTV for only $251.92, they are both coming with USPS tomorrow. I would be an idiot to ever pay full retail prices at places like Walmart or Bestbuy. I sold a 37″ HDTV to my boss for $600 that I only paid $78.24 for.I use.
xub.me/Lb

Daniel song

Posted at 12:05 AM on November 5, 2011

…. I dun get it, is there a second meaning behind that?
I dung see how HDTV and iPad2 fit in all this…

bianca

Posted at 6:14 AM on September 17, 2011

i hate justin……….
but i love taylor and i don’t think he was selena’s boyfriend………..

Drainah Mason

Posted at 3:42 AM on September 17, 2011

I love Justin, i wish i had a BF like him, I LOVE JELENA!!!

Nisya

Posted at 1:57 AM on September 17, 2011

i love jelena.. they cute together.. Jelena of couse better looking than taylena

anne

Posted at 10:09 PM on September 16, 2011

Taylor was not Selena’s boyfriend. It was just a fling

Oh wow

Posted at 2:20 PM on September 17, 2011

Whether it was a fling or not they still dated dey did use to mess around wit each Otha dey just didn’t had as much PDA as Justin in Selena have now so u can call it fling fwb or wat Eva dey dated

Olivia

Posted at 4:41 PM on September 16, 2011

Taylor and Selena are a much better looking couple than Jelena, in my opinion.

alex

Posted at 11:28 AM on September 17, 2011

wtf no u kidding me justin biebers the hottest guy ever.. there like the cutest couple alive!

Alright

Posted at 4:33 PM on September 16, 2011

taylor and selena NEVER dated!

mikee

Posted at 10:27 AM on September 17, 2011

BITTER MUCH?poor soul!haha

kyla

Posted at 4:23 PM on September 16, 2011

BTW PEOPLE GOSSIP TOO MUCH

kyla

Posted at 4:22 PM on September 16, 2011

they dated early april 2008 t0 early 2009 then they went back together in 2010 april & i don’t know when they broke up after that

anne

Posted at 3:10 AM on September 17, 2011

No, that was Nick Jonas

lia

Posted at 4:14 PM on September 16, 2011

justin and selena are ugly they have pussy realitionshio

LOL

Posted at 3:46 PM on September 16, 2011

Why is everytime people talk about Tay and Selena being a couple Swift fans always come out and say they never dated face it you Swifties are just mad that Lautner fans love Taylena and hate Taysqured.

L.O.V.E

Posted at 3:40 PM on September 16, 2011

Selena and Taylor dated from April to early June.some fans blame Lautner father for the breakup but it was Disney and summit that had alot to do with it.

dont care

Posted at 3:17 PM on September 16, 2011

i dont really believe hollywood life stories but when they said that justin was supposedly telling his bodyguard where selena at that part i do believe i do think sometimes justin be controlling her like she’s his little dog or something… i hope selena have some sense in her head and dump this kid.

samy

Posted at 2:59 PM on September 16, 2011

taylor and selena never dated They were friends justin did the same thing selena’s movie premiere monte carlo so that is not new to him