Brad Pitt Regrets What He Said About Jennifer Aniston & Their Marriage: Issues Statement!

Fri, September 16, 2011 12:12am EDT by 39 Comments

On the evening of Sept.15 Brad Pitt issued a statement to HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY about the shocking remarks he made in a ‘Parade’ magazine interview which many people read as a diss to his ex-wife Jennifer Aniston.

This is Brad Pitt‘s statement: “It grieves me that this was interpreted this way.  Jen is an incredibly giving, loving, and hilarious woman who remains my friend,” the statement reads.

“It is an important relationship I value greatly. The point I was trying to make is not that Jen was dull, but that I was becoming dull to myself – and that, I am responsible for.”

Here’s what he said to Parade about his marriage to Jen: “I spent the ‘90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony. I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out,” explained Brad. “It started feeling pathetic. It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn’t living an interesting life myself. I think that my marriage [to Jennifer Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn’t.”

Brad and Jen were married for five years and split when Brad began seeing his Mr. & Mrs. Smith co-star Angelina Jolie in 2005.

What do you think about this Hollywoodlifers?

More Brad!

1. Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Aren’t Ruling Out Baby Number Seven!
  2. Brad Pitt’s Biggest Jennifer Aniston Diss Ever: I Was Pretending My Marriage ‘Was Something It Wasn’t’!
  3. Brad Pitt Hates Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Justin Theroux — Shocking New Details!

Guest

Posted at 4:14 AM on October 16, 2011

Brad blew it. They’re old news now. Who cares what they do or how many kids they have. Just being honest.

Trish

Posted at 4:42 PM on October 6, 2011

It seems as if Brad always did want to lead a worthwhile
life and wasn’t doing that with Jenifer Aniston.
He wanted fulfillment out of life, children and family,
she chose to further her career. He seems to have gotten
what he wanted family, children, building homes for
the homeless in New Orleans and expressing his creativity.
It just doesn’t work out sometimes.

Bini

Posted at 7:26 AM on October 4, 2011

Brad I’m glad u r wiz Angelina……Aniston sayed “she’s not ready 2 have a child wiz brad” zat was z reason 4 their breakup.I’sure she will regrate zat forever.

vonn

Posted at 9:07 AM on September 27, 2011

I’m so happy with Jen that she finally found the man who truly loves her. Brad, you have no right to say anything bad about your past relationship with Jen. You suck!

Alicia

Posted at 11:37 AM on September 25, 2011

I have never watched a movie of Brad Pitt in my life. When I learned that he split with Jennifer A. because of MR and MRS Smith, I was curious and tried to watch that movie, but I fall asleep. After reading numerous magazines and headlines all over the place. I found Jennifer A. to be a very professional, gracious and a beautiful lady. She stood strong all the time, she was doing her job all smiles and never attacking anybody; until today she keeps her life clean of scandals. Keep up the good work Jen, and congrats for your new love, hope you well in life.

trisha

Posted at 1:12 AM on September 19, 2011

Look at that pic, and compare it with his latest look as Mr Jolie. You will easily find which one is the boring man!

maru

Posted at 3:18 AM on September 17, 2011

No REAL man says anything like that. NO MORE Brad Pitt for me, and I am not even a big fan of Jennifer Aniston.
What a SMALL…..mind, too. Remember what Juliette Lewis said some time ago:
Brad Pitt is ……pitts.
Indeed, he is a VERY SMALL man.