Jill Zarin, Kelly Bensimon & Alex McCord Are Fired — Sort Of– From 'Real Housewives Of New York City'!

Thu, September 15, 2011 2:43pm EDT by 28 Comments
Jill Zarin Fired

After weeks of rumors, a new report claims that Jill, Kelly and Alex will NOT be coming back next season  and that the three learned the news at about 12:30 today EST Sept. 15th.

Naughty But Nice Rob Shuter of HuffingtonPost.com reports that sources inside Bravo told him that the ladies were contacted directly by the network with the news — and that they had no idea that they were about to be pinkslipped, according to the report.

Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, Ramona Singer and Sonja Morgan will remain with the show and three new cast members will be added. Now, there is a chance that one, two or all three of the benched Housewives will be asked back, if  any or all of the new cast members do not prove interesting enough in front of the cameras, according to a source.

When Hollywoodlife.com contacted RHONY Kelly Bensimon, she told us exclusively that she’s “still waiting to hear .” A Bravo spokesperson also told us that ” no decisions have been made yet.”

And housewife Cindy Barshop said the situation remains unclear for her as well. “Nothing’s a 100 percent for me yet either way,” Cindy told Hollywoodlife.com.

Now we also hear that Bravo cut “the cast’s salaries in half — some of the ladies accepted the offer and some have not,” says a source close to the production. “No final decisions have been made yet.”

Jill’s rep released the following statement: “Jill is still in discussions with Bravo for season 5 and no final
decisions have been made.”

So if Shuter is correct, the question is: will Jill, Kelly or Alex be seen in future seasons? We sure hope so. At Hollywoodlife.com we’re all big fans of Jill, Kelly and Alex and we’ll miss them. Plus,  now we’ll never find out if Simon van Kempen stopped mean tweeting Jill, and Alex won’t be able to insult Countess LuAnn’s mothering skills anymore.

We wish ALL the RHONY ladies, our very best!

— Bonnie Fuller, additional reporting by Lindsey DiMattina

More RHONY Stories:

1. Ramona’s Called An Alcoholic!
  2. Which Housewives Star Has The Sexiest Cleavage?
  3. RHONY Star Share Sympathies With Taylor Armstrong!

Valerie Duncan

Posted at 1:28 PM on May 31, 2012

I lioved the housewives of New York. They have been one of my favorite to watch. Bad call Bravo in firing everyone but Kelly.

blu-ray on sale

Posted at 4:06 AM on May 24, 2012

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was once totally right. This put up truly made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

Psat

Posted at 1:16 PM on May 4, 2012

After reading the other comments, I think Simon is still after Jill. I truly cannot imagine that anyone really liked Alex. She was soooo annoying!! I don’t know if I will watch this year. I was really looking forward to the new season til I heard that Jill and Kelly won’t be returning. Jill and the Countess were so much fun to watch. Sonya and Ramona are soo unpredictable. These four women gave the show interest and balance. I just can’t imagine RHONY without Jill and Kelly!! Soo sad!!

hfro

Posted at 6:38 PM on March 7, 2012

I wasn’t going to watch this any more. Now I heard Jill isn’t coming back! woo hoo! She turned my stomach with her manipulating, nasty, snotty, self-centered, insecure, attention seeking ways. I had decided I couldn’t deal with watching it any more. If she’s gone, I will give it another shot! I will miss Alex. Kelly, I never knew what the heck she was talking about. She speaks in jibberish.

Lee G.

Posted at 2:58 PM on February 11, 2012

We’ve all had more than enough of The Jill Zarin Show! She’s so unremittingly self-absorbed I’m not sure how her husband, Bobby and daughter, Ali can tolerate being in her presence for more than an hour at a clip. Clearly, the viewers feel equally repelled. During cast reunions, she was still defensive, complaining about getting a bad rap. Jill did state that she felt as if she now ‘owns’ her behavior and mistakes. She also said that she’s grown a lot from the experience. Her continuous slagging and stirring the pot belies her true nature. She simply not a very nice person!!!

Jean Guthrie

Posted at 1:39 PM on November 18, 2011

Glad to see Alex and Simon are not coming back. Alex you do you think you are, stated on the show i like what i see in the mirror, i suggest Alex takes another look at herself then she will see what i see a witch also has horrible teeth.

Manny

Posted at 11:18 AM on November 17, 2011

Very sad that Jill, Kelly and Alex will not be returning. More disappointed Jill and Kelly aren’t coming back as they were entertaining – as for Alex I don’t really care.

Get Sonja and 1 of the newbies out and Kelly/Jill back in!

margaret taylor

Posted at 2:38 PM on November 8, 2011

Jill Zarin was the best and most honest houswife…..alex and simon are weird…they are fame hungry..and are perfect nut cases for each other. Kelly was entertaining !! I and many of my colleagues will no longer watch RHONY! !!!!! Bring back jill and kelly…cindy does not contribute at all…..let her go…..Ramona needs to go to AA meeting! !!!! Sonya should take up plumbing to clear her debts…. Luanne carries off her title perfrctly! !!!

Deanna

Posted at 4:10 PM on November 3, 2011

Ah, not to have to hear the nasally, whiny voice of Jill Zarin, priceless. That woman is so jealous of Bethanny Frankel she can’t see straight. So glad that Bethanny has had so much success. Love her show and Jason is such a nice man and a real hottie!

Alex should have been on “Desperate Housewives.” Remember how she became practically apoplectic when she and Simon couldn’t speak at that gay marriage event in NYC? They were so desperate for the attention. Are they gay?? Simon is creepy, but at least somewhat entertaining…in a creepy sort of mean-tweeter way.

Kelly – what can you say? She was such a victim and couldn’t string together a simple declarative sentence that made any sense. Glad to see her and boring Cindy gone.

Danielle

Posted at 6:40 PM on October 4, 2011

Glad Alex is out! She was so weird! I won’t watch if Jill isn’t in it, she was one of the best! Along with Kelly and Luann, love them! Get Sonja out! She’s so boring! GET JILL BACK!!!!!!!

marissa

Posted at 4:59 PM on September 21, 2011

I won’t miss any of them. These housewives shows are the worst. Middle aged women with too much time on their hands but apparantly not enough money so they fight to stay on these low life shows. Alex & hubby are just creepy, they don’t fit in. Dark & brooding Cyndy was the worst..who chose her?!
Watching these women spend tons of money on what looks to be a life of ongoing parties is hard to stomache when you consider the state of our economy.
No wonder other countries think Americans are nuts.

TRIXY

Posted at 8:04 AM on September 21, 2011

WITH ALL THE EMPTY DAYS AND MONEY THESE WOMEN HAVE, WHY DON’T THEY WORK FOR CHARITY. REALLY. THE ONLY TIME THEY DO ANYTHING CHARITABLE IS WHEN THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO BUY AN OUTFIT AND SHOW UP FOR PICTURES. WHY NOT DOLE OUT FOOD AT A SOUP KITCHEN? NOT GLAMOUROUS ENOUGH? WORK FOR THE CANCER SOCIETY DRIVING PEOPLE TO AND FROM CHEMO TREATMENTS. WORK IN A ABUSED WOMEN SHELTER. DO SOMETHING “BEHIND THE SCENES” THEY ARE ALL A DISGRACE.

Chanel

Posted at 11:48 AM on September 20, 2011

Andy it time to clean house: get rid of “Alexis” on OC, “Kandi” on ATL, “Taylor” on BH, “Kathy” on NJ,the whole cast in Miami JUST SAYIN!!!!

Chanel

Posted at 11:39 AM on September 20, 2011

GOOD JOB ANDY look forward to a great show!!!!

Janiene Colombo

Posted at 1:09 PM on September 19, 2011

hOPE IT’S TRUE THAT ALEX WON’T BE BACK. HER AND SIMON ARE FAKE AND SO ANNOYING, WILL MISS JILL AND KELLEY. THEY SHOULD ALSO GET RID OF SONJA, CAN’T STAND THE SNOBBY ATTITUDE AND CONSTANT NAME DROPPING.

Butterfly Grandma

Posted at 11:25 AM on September 19, 2011

And LuAnne is staying???!!!!! Would rather have Alex back…….can’t stand “the CXntless”!!!!!! Such a phony.

Dixie

Posted at 10:06 PM on September 18, 2011

So excited that Old Jill Zarin, is outtie, yeah….
She is the worst instigator, hater, since Bethany
dropped her like a latke, I think everyone did…
Jill shows she is truely a mean old jealous hagatha…Go back
to bossing Bobby around………only thng she is good at..
I will miss, love Simon and Alex….they are so colorful and not pretentious……….
Kelley good riddins, Bravo finally took out the trash!

Calera

Posted at 9:24 AM on September 16, 2011

Hope to God that Alex and Simon are not coming back. Bravo can do better. So many interesting women in NYC and the only thing Alex brings to the table starting her ridiculous fake fights so she gets camera time. It was so annoying I stopped watching last season.

Ex Kansas Girl

Posted at 11:13 PM on September 17, 2011

If Alex and what’s his name are not coming back…. the best news I’ve heard tonight!!

Mg

Posted at 9:19 AM on September 16, 2011

Bye, Bye wacky kelly should have gotten rid of her when she had her break down.. and happy jill got axed Bravo should have fired long ago its a long time coming… going to miss Alex..

BAWBY WHY

Posted at 6:15 AM on September 16, 2011

Trust me, you won’t miss Jill because she won’t go away. She may not be on RHNY but she will be on Twitter 24/7, on her website, her newsletter, on local NY TV, on her sister’s radio program…her voice will haunt your dreams for the rest of your life. There is no Jill eraser.

mco

Posted at 9:16 PM on September 15, 2011

Isn’t it Ramona who keeps slamming Luann’s parenting skills, not Alex?

Chris

Posted at 8:48 PM on September 15, 2011

Oh, I pray this is true about Zarin and whacky Kelly. Sort of sad about Alex though. Why not the Countess??? Would have preferred to see her go, but at least Bravo FINALLY listened to the viewers and got rid of Jill and Kelly.
Agree 100% with what “really?” wrote about Jill. She’s mean-spirited, a sneak and a total contradiction in every way. If she represents NY women, I’d move!!!! Ta ta to both! I wish Alex the best, I really am surprised with that decision-always liked her. Now I’ll watch again if Jill is truly gone!

Doug

Posted at 9:27 PM on November 19, 2011

I totally agree with this comment. Jill was truly mean & Kelly was genuinely incoherent. I liked Alex for trying to be a kind human being; I would rather have continued to watch her instead of the faux Countess, who also had become a Zarin-like mean queen. Sonja & Ramona are at least originals. Cindy was clueless & snotty, it seemed – an unappealing combo.

shirley

Posted at 5:42 PM on September 15, 2011

Good, they all need to go! They’re too old to keeping like children. Bring on younger group of women!

ashley

Posted at 5:21 PM on September 15, 2011

When I first heard this earlier in the day, I got very excited to see Jill & Kelly got fired, but now I’m reading everywhere that nothing has been confirmed by Bravo or Andy. Plus Alex just sent out a tweet saying she hasn’t heard anything. I just hope I didn’t get my hopes up for nothing! I don’t mind if Alex gets the ax either because she has no back-bone, plus Simon is too creepy for me.

really?

Posted at 3:44 PM on September 15, 2011

Are you serious? I’m SO SO glad Jill and Kelly are not coming back! Thank goodness! I was on the fence about Alex only because I was exhausted seeing the way she was treated. Even after she found her voice BOTH Kelly and the Countess continued to dismiss her and well, Jill is delusional! Jill has surrounded herself with folks that do not tell her the truth. And frankly, considering Jill has a wonderful, loving husband and a great family it’s concerning how AWFUL she is to others. Jill is CLEARLY a jealous, jealous person…actions speaks louder than words and Jill’s actions NEVER match up to what she says. EVER. Shameful. Good riddance Jill Zarin! Learn to be happy and appreciate what you have…don’t just say it…DO IT!! Stop with manipulating and for the love CHILL ON CONSTANTLY TALKING BEHIND OTHERS BACKS!!! Yes, everyone has done it, but you make it a profession. STOP IT!!

I agree

Posted at 11:42 AM on September 20, 2011

I agree with you 100%. I really liked her the first season, but then every season after that she seemed to get more and more meanspirited. She’s a delusional, a liar, very jealous, a big hypocrite…and yet she’s trying to sell that book. Puh-leeeeze! That would be the last person I would want advice from. Oddly enough, Ramona is her REAL friend, because she tells her what she thinks, and she says it to her face. She doesn’t yes her to death. Jill wants to be the victim of everyone. It’s always everyone else’s fault. I am so glad she’s leaving the show. I made a decision at the end of that horrible reunion show that if Jill and Kelly would still be on next season, I would no longer watch it. So hopefully the show will get better now that those two crazy women are out. While you’re at it…take the Countless and Horseteeth Cindy too. It will be interesting to see how the Countless will handle hanging out with Ramona and Sonya now that her backups are gone. lol