John Edwards' Mistress Demands Their Love Child Be Included In His Daughter's Wedding… As The Flower Girl!

Wed, September 14, 2011 5:05pm EDT by 30 Comments

The late Elizabeth Edwards’ parents are fuming and will do anything to make sure her daughter Cate DOES NOT invite John’s mistress Rielle Hunter or his daughter Francis Quinn to the wedding.

A battle is brewing! John Edwards daughter with his late wife Elizabeth, who passed away of cancer in December at 61, is getting married, but it’s anything but a happy occasion. John’s mistress Rielle Hunter is demanding that Frances Quinn, the child she had with John in 2008, be included in the nuptials. And she doesn’t just mean an invite — Rielle wants Quinn to be the flower girl!

According to the National Enquirer, the bride Cate, 29, was open to the idea of letting her 3½-year-old half sister be a part of the wedding, but Elizabeth’s parents are “dead-set” against it.

A source says that “Elizabeth’s family is furious at the mere suggestion of it,” and that they feel the gesture would be a “huge slap in the face” to their late daughter.

And Cate‘s wedding date is fast approaching — she’s set to marry medical resident Trevor Upham on October 22 in North Carolina!

“Elizabeth’s family will never forget how she died brokenhearted because of his [John's] selfish behavior,” the source adds. “They refuse to let John’s actions tarnish Cate’s big day.”

But on the other hand, Cate is trying to follow her mother’s wishes, which were to keep the family together and look after her younger siblingsEmma, 13, and Jack, 11, if anything were to happen. And lets face it, in reality, Quinn IS one of those siblings.

What do YOU think? Should Quinn be invited to the wedding or should the Edwards keep Elizabeth’s parents wishes in mind?

More on HollyBaby:

1. Cate Edwards Delivers Emotional Eulogy For Mom Elizabeth.
  2. Experts Say John Edwards Should Move Back In With The Kids. Is That A Good Idea?
  3. How Will Elizabeth Edwards’ Kids Deal With The Death Of Their Mother?

patty

Posted at 11:47 PM on August 9, 2012

elizabeth’s father is dead and her mother is very ill. how can her “parents” have said what this story claims?

search video

Posted at 4:23 PM on June 3, 2012

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually know what you’re speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Please additionally visit my website =). We may have a hyperlink exchange agreement between us

Keyword1Keyword2Keyword3Keyword4Keyword5Keyword6Keyword7Keyword8Keyword)

Posted at 3:19 PM on June 1, 2012

Thanks for the good writeup. It in fact was a leisure account it. Glance advanced to more brought agreeable from you! However, how could we be in contact?

30 min meals

Posted at 9:38 AM on June 1, 2012

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact loved account your weblog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing in your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.

zdjęcia ślubne bielsko

Posted at 6:08 AM on June 1, 2012

I’ve been browsing on-line more than three hours these days, yet I by no means discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s lovely value enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good content material as you did, the internet will likely be much more useful than ever before.

Kate

Posted at 4:23 PM on May 31, 2012

I believe the little girl should be invited and set with her father. Mother can be left out. The little girl is a sister. If mom doesn’t like that then she can keep her home!!!! Then mom looks like the person she apparently is.. Lots of half siblings go to wedding without mom. or dad as the case may be.
If the little girl feels left out then that could cause greater family problems later on. She’s just a baby let her have fun, of course unless she’s a brat.

Dog training Boston

Posted at 1:39 AM on May 30, 2012

Useful information. Lucky me I found your site by chance, and I am surprised why this accident did not took place in advance! I bookmarked it.

cerrajeria madrid

Posted at 11:42 AM on May 28, 2012

certainly like your web site however you need to test the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very troublesome to tell the reality on the other hand I’ll definitely come again again.

turismo en castilla y leon rafting

Posted at 3:12 PM on May 23, 2012

Genial, he descubierto muy util tu web, que platilla usas?, puedo poner un link tuyo en mi web? un saludo!

τεχνητά νύχια

Posted at 11:25 PM on May 15, 2012

I think that is among the most important information for me. And i’m happy studying your article. But want to statement on few common things, The website taste is ideal, the articles is actually nice : D. Just right process, cheers

beats red headphones

Posted at 3:20 PM on May 13, 2012

The headphones consists of a zipper circumstance to place it when not in use, it also arrives with wires and cables and manuals. Sp, you obtain to get out anything concerning the combine imagination from the monster team and Dr. Dre. you can possibly have employed numerous headphones preceding to that is all great however the monster beat is certainly the best,beats by dre studio blue it is as though they perfected the ideal headphones. one of the most basic point of all, they have perfected what Dr. Dres perfect headphones, one that could make him listen in the direction of tunes with obvious clarity and no outside interference.

singer sewing machines reviews

Posted at 2:37 PM on May 7, 2012

I just couldn’t depart your website prior to suggesting that I actually loved the usual information an individual provide in your guests? Is going to be again often in order to check up on new posts

Rose

Posted at 12:46 PM on September 17, 2011

This woman is a monster who has already done so much to hurt this family. She should have nothing to do with this wedding…I can’t believe he’s such a weak, worthless father that this idea ever saw the light of day..

Leesa

Posted at 2:51 PM on September 17, 2011

Amen! It makes me sad for the little one to have a monster for a mother and a pathetic excuse for a father. She doesn’t have a chance in life. I wonder if she’ll end up harming others or if she’ll destroy herself. Time will tell and The National Enquirer will be there to report it all with color pix.

It makes me sadder for the other children to have had such a wonderful mother only to lose her and be stuck with him as their only parent. Hopefully Elizabeth was able to give them what they needed in the time she was with them.

cb

Posted at 9:55 PM on September 17, 2011

I agree with you Leesa-because of the condition being illegitimate, life will be more difficult for her.I feel sorry for Quinn.Hunter has been demanding before and it does not surprise me if she did insist on her daughter being the flower girl. It is Cate’s wedding and nobody-father,mistress should not manipulate her into doing something she is not comfortable with.Tamtam, of course it is not either’s fault, but put yourself in Cate’s and ELizabeth’s familie’s place, how would you feel if a woman destroyed your marriage,family,had a child out of wedlock, demanding you leave your wife not caring about the other minor children, and demanding to push these two families together by force when they did not invite you into their family to begin with?Think about it-very difficult and no easy answers.

Mimi Hockman

Posted at 6:49 PM on September 18, 2011

Rielle had it in for Elizabeth and now that she’s gone, Rielle is going after Cate. She doesn’t care that she’s only hurting Quinnie’s chances of ever having a genuine relationship with her half-siblings.

After all, she’s referred to her own daughter as “meal ticket” because she says she’ll never have to work again simply by having the baby. And it certainly is proving to be true since she rarely worked steadily before the affair and not at all since the affair.

Mimi Hockman

Posted at 6:52 PM on September 18, 2011

To clarify, Rielle’s anger is because Johnny refused to leave Elizabeth while she alive and still won’t marry Rielle now. She thinks their marriage should have been the one at which Quinnie would be a flower girl.

If he won’t live up to his promise of the rooftop wedding, she’s going to do everything she can to ruin his life – so far, so good.

cb

Posted at 12:58 PM on October 18, 2011

Amen to you also Mimi! I believe Hunter is just in love with money, fortune, and fame.In the long run, John will/has regretted ever getting involved with Rielle and having a baby with her.She planned this all along and took advantage of a man who was vulnerable. She wishes she was the one having the wedding, Quinn being the flower girl, and is very jealous of Cate(John’s daughter) getting married.John may eventually have to limit ties with Hunter otherwise the rest of his life will be turmoil.He is still responsible for child support of this child, but after she is of age, he is no longer obligated financially,emotionally, or otherwise tied to Hunter.Hunter herself may end up the lonely person when she gets old once her daughter finds out the truth.

Eve

Posted at 10:34 PM on September 15, 2011

I don’t trust tabloids, Especially the “National Enquirer”. This is just another headline to ruin the Edwards family name. Cate’s wedding is CATE’S wedding. The Media needs to stay out of it. Its a shame that a little girl is being used as a bread winner for stupid gossipers.

Frances

Posted at 9:23 PM on September 16, 2011

And being used as a bread winner by her own mother who sold exclusive photos to The National Enquirer of them (mommy and daughter) going to the first day of preschool at the Little Church on the Lane in Charlotte earlier this month. What kind of a mother would do that to her own three year old?

Tamtam

Posted at 7:20 PM on September 15, 2011

I doubt Rielle demanded anything. That is just a headline. If Cate WANTS HER SISTER to be in the wedding–than she should. It is her wedding and the little one IS her sister. And it is neither of their fault in how they became siblings. Her wedding…her sister….hmmmm…the rest of the family can go pound sand with how they feel about it.

Roxanne Marshall

Posted at 9:08 PM on September 15, 2011

Oh, you don’t know Rielle! She’ll demand anything and doesn’t care what she has to threaten to get her way. Believe me, I know!

cb

Posted at 4:47 PM on September 15, 2011

First of all, this is NOT Rielle’s wedding and how dare her to think she can manipulate getting her child to be flower girl.She has some nerve! If I were Cate and knowing she had demanded this, I would NOT INVITE either to my wedding at least not Rielle. How disrespectful can you be to demand this especially if you were not even invited to be a part of their family, connived, and tricked yourself into getting pregnant with someone else’s husband!All I can say is ELizabeth’s family would throw her out of the wedding if she shows up;I would be ashamed after what I had put the Edward’s family through that I would not EVEN THINK of demanding my daughter be flower girl or even going to the wedding!

Tamtam

Posted at 7:22 PM on September 15, 2011

So you think someone should throw an invited guest out of the wedding because of how they feel vs honor the day? Wow.

sandy

Posted at 10:53 AM on June 26, 2012

She was not INVITED!

Jackie

Posted at 7:30 AM on September 15, 2011

How awful to deal with so much stress at a time like this! Could John not bring Quinn by himself without Rielle? I have half siblings that I fully include in my life despite the family history, and I’ve never had to even speak to their other parents.

Melissa McJunkin

Posted at 7:25 AM on September 15, 2011

The former mistress is just trying to get herself invited to the wedding. She doesn’t care about the children having a relationship. If she did, she would let the children be together privately, not at a big event, WITHOUT HER PRESENT to begin the long process of building a relationship.

Rielle still wants John, who obviously doesn’t want her, and will do anything to try to worm his way into his life even if it means using the children.

alicia

Posted at 5:13 PM on September 14, 2011

HELL NO!!!!

Lisa

Posted at 6:44 PM on September 14, 2011

I 2nd that.

pretzelS

Posted at 12:02 AM on September 15, 2011

awkward! a mistress so demanding. ftw! it is an exclusive FIRST FAMILY affair… is she crazy to ask that? hehehe