Good For You, Selena! You're Showing The World You Love Justin Just As Much As He Loves You!

Mon, September 12, 2011 3:39pm EST by 20 Comments
Selena Gomez Tattoo

Selena Gomez shocked me Sept. 10 when she showed off a (hopefully) temporary tattoo of Justin Bieber’s name on her wrist during her Las Vegas concert! It seemed totally out of character!

I jokingly give Selena Gomez a lot of flak for not “loving” Justin Bieber as much as he seems to obsess over her. While Justin, 17, follows Selena, 19, all over the country during her tour, she seems standoffish about her relationship in interviews and even acts like she’s embarrassed of her younger boy. That said, I’m rescinding my previous claims after seeing Selena’s temporary tattoo of Justin’s name on her wrist, which she proudly showed off during her concert in Las Vegas Sept. 10. Talk about dedication!

Selena is a strong-willed and private individual, who doesn’t like the press (or even fans) meddling with her personal life, so branding herself with Justin’s name was a big step in her feelings toward him. For someone who once adamantly called Justin her “little brother,” Selena sure has come a long way!

“When a woman of any age tattoos the name of her guy, that means she’s in love and committed and she’s branded,” Dr. Gilda Carle explained.

Dr. Carole Lieberman, author of Bad Girls: Why Men Love Them & How Good Girls Can Learn Their Secrets, sees Selena’s new ink as a desperate move that might scare Justin off. Here’s what she had to say:

She’d used her budding feminine wiles to captivate a relatively naive and vulnerable Justin, but his recent behavior has understandably caused her to question whether she has entrapped him for good or just temporarily. He’s been quoted as saying, ‘By 25 or 26 [years old], I want to see myself, like, married or start looking for a family.’ “Start” looking for a family? This would imply that he has not yet found the woman he wants to marry. And, he added, that although Selena is his “girlfriend right now…. I’m not looking to get married now.” It’s no wonder that Selena is getting worried, but a tattoo will not guilt him into marriage, it will just push Justin away more quickly.

Now, I’m not there behind closed doors to hear Selena and Justin’s convos, but if I had to guess, I think something happened between them where he confronted her about having all the power in the relationship. Everyone watches him fawn all over her all the time, which I can imagine is probably emasculating. If I was Selena, I’d want to make a grand gesture to prove to him I love him too — a gesture that people would see.

Judging from Justin’s unending support toward Selena, I bet he was flattered — and thrilled — she took her dedication public last weekend.

I have to give Selena big ole kuddos for handling a major tour, fashion deals AND her first super-public, incredibly serious relationship at the same time. I don’t know how she’s staying sane, but it’s impressive. Thankfully she has a month “off” to regroup and get ready for the next legs of her We Own the Night Tour.

What do YOU think of Justin and Selena’s relationship? Do you think they’ll last for awhile — or burn out like many young relationships are oft to do?

Get More Selena Gomez News Here!

Reporting by Taylor Williams

1. Taylor Swift & Selena Gomez Are Pillow Besties
  2. Britney Spears Co-Wrote 3 Songs For Selena Gomez’s New Album!
  3. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez — The Romantic Suite They Shared In Malaysia!

Willia

Posted at 12:58 AM on December 26, 2011

Ok well listen guys I don’t really like Justin but i like Selena and she deserves more than that! I really hate Justin! But Selena if u really want him 4 ur husband and u want 2 have a kid with him……….than I’d say ur nuts!!! At least wait untill ur older!!! Really? OMG please tell me u didint have sex with him!!!!!!!!! Please and don’t think I’m only saying this cause I have a crush on Justin in fact I HATE him no effence though! “-“

tori

Posted at 9:35 AM on November 7, 2011

if justin is have a baby he we not have ai with a girl he do not know he love selena but i do not like her but if justin like her i have to like her
too

tori

Posted at 9:25 AM on November 7, 2011

hi i love justin bieber he is sexy and he is not gay

kayla

Posted at 6:27 PM on October 1, 2011

hes so ugly

nadaly

Posted at 6:26 PM on October 1, 2011

she loves him a lot like me but shes from mexico im from poterico not mexico :(
I love JUSTIN BIEBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brianna roche

Posted at 9:38 AM on October 1, 2011

SHE IS STUIPD

klara

Posted at 1:44 PM on September 29, 2011

Noo I agree with Selly’s comment .. they are going to be together some more months and then no more JELENA xD
After all i heard selena is using justin so its hopeless that this relationship to be more longer ( I hope i am wrong about the using _ :(

dayana

Posted at 8:16 AM on September 29, 2011

I LOVE JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAYANA

Posted at 8:12 AM on September 29, 2011

I LOVE JUSTIN1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE SELENA TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SO HOPE THAT THAY GET MARRIED BUT JUSTIN BIEBER IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keoni

Posted at 2:12 PM on September 24, 2011

They are a good and cute couple thwy are gonna get married for sure

abi

Posted at 12:05 AM on September 24, 2011

I LOVE SELENA BUT GUESS WHAT? I HATE JUSTIN!!!!!!!!! AND DON’T BE DUMB ENOUGH BECAUSE THEY R NOT GONNNA GET MARRIED
NEVER EVER NEVER EVER
<3 SELENA
I HATE JUSTIN!!

cesaly

Posted at 7:40 PM on September 14, 2011

im just happy for justin bieber and selena gomez i dont care if are dating or get married i just love justin for who he is and selena the same

stargirl

Posted at 5:43 PM on September 13, 2011

all i can say is that she wanted people to see that

Alexis

Posted at 4:04 PM on September 13, 2011

I seriosly hate when people judge one another. All you gotta do is love on another. Stop hating on Selena. Stop judging that fat girl, just stop with this violence and spread the love! peace… i love you selena! <3

ME

Posted at 2:56 PM on September 13, 2011

o mamma mia, Justin è bellissimo! SI fa sempre più bello e dimostra il suo amore. Certo sel sicuramente lo ama ma potrebbe dimostrarlo di più. Forse xk sn una Belieber ma io se fossi la gomez farei di più.<

none of your business

Posted at 7:18 PM on September 12, 2011

Selena is NOT a “famewhore” That’s gotta be a temp

Dee

Posted at 6:35 PM on September 12, 2011

well…. what can I say exept: FAMEWHORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jazz

Posted at 9:02 PM on September 13, 2011

that’s a total lie and i’m pretty sure it’s just fake most likely written on with a sharpie

BIEBERLUVER

Posted at 3:54 PM on September 19, 2011

TOTALLY TRUE. SHE IS SUCH A FAMEWHORE!!!!!!!!!

abii

Posted at 12:08 AM on September 24, 2011

FAMEWHORE? HOW CAN SHE BE A FAMEWHORE? SHE’S A CELEBRITY,SHE HAS A BOYFIREND,SHE’S POPULAR,SHE HAS GREAT,SONG AND SHE HAS MORE FANS THAN JB (BOOOOOO!) HOW ABOUT YOU? ARE U FAMOUS?POPULAR? AND ALL THAT STUFF?