Kate Gosselin Tries To Backtrack After Insulting Jon & Calling Him 'Mediocre' On 'Today!'

Mon, September 12, 2011 4:03pm EDT by 10 Comments

Kate, who is still reeling after the cancellation of ‘Kate Plus 8,’ says she didn’t mean to bash Jon’s ‘regular’ job — she just thinks TV provides better opportunities for her kids! Do you believe her?

Kate Gosselin got the Twitterverse talking this morning, Sept. 12, after she went on the Today show and slammed her ex Jon Gosselin‘s job, saying he was a “mediocre” parent. But now, she’s trying to redeem herself, swearing she didn’t mean what she said! Oh come on Kate, we know you meant every word.

The rude comment came up when Matt Lauer asked Kate about Jon, who said he was “very relieved” her show Kate Plus 8 was over. Kate, 36, replied, “It’s a situation where Jon may be accepting of mediocre for his kids and working a regular job. I want the best for my kids and the best opportunities not unlike every parent. To be a good parent is to work as hard as you can and give them the best opportunities in life, and this has provided that.” You mean it’s provided you with the means to buy yourself a brand new Audi TT, right Kate?

Jon, 34, a solar panel construction worker, told RumorFix last week he hoped Kate would go back to having a “normal life.” But apparently normal isn’t good enough for the former Mrs. Gosselin.

“2clarify re ‘mediocre’ – I meant this job is not a career acc 2 jon but tv is 4 me & is hard but will prov best opps 4 my kids vs nursing!” Kate wrote on Twitter, attempting to backtrack.

“So, because my husband and I aren’t on tv constantly like @Kateplusmy8 , we’re only providing a “mediocre” life for our daughter?” A Twitter follower tweeted at Kate, who replied with, “That’s not wut I said @all. Was responding 2jons comment only re ME getting a ‘normal’ job–which would not work$ bc I hav 8!”

What do you think, HollyMoms? Did Kate really feel bad about what she said on Today or did she mean every word? Sounds to me this ‘misunderstanding’ was not misunderstood by anyone but Kate!

–Leigh Blickley

More Gosselin on HollyBaby:

1. Kate Gosselin Rubs Her Amazing Abs In Ex Jon’s Face! OUCH.
  2. Kate Gosselin Tweets Pic Of Her Disastrous Laundry Room: Is Yours Like This?
  3. Kate Gosselin Slams Jon — Says He’s A ‘Mediocre’ Parent On ‘Today!’

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Nurse

Posted at 3:40 AM on September 13, 2011

I’m a nurse and Kate saying she is unable to provide for her children as such needs a reality check!!! Maybe she should be like the rest of us normal nurses and puck up extra shifts, not a glamorous job but I’m pretty sure her life was happier when she went to work and earned her money and came home to her husband and children afterwards!!!

Jane

Posted at 1:37 AM on September 13, 2011

OMG,My best friend–Neal ,he just has announced his engagement with a millionaire woman who is a famous actress!They met via[Meetrich.c0M]——-it is the largest and best club for celebrity and their admirers to chat online.You do not have to be rich or famous. ,but you can meet your true love,It’s worthy a try!

Lincolnsmyguy

Posted at 8:54 PM on September 12, 2011

This woman is given too much attention. She is probably disliked as much as Casey Anthony but for totally different reasons. I just wish they would just go away. Kate, you are no one special although you seem to think that you are. Get over yourself.

Katie

Posted at 6:01 PM on September 12, 2011

Go away no talent Kate. Leave your children with Jon.

Jaime

Posted at 5:58 PM on September 12, 2011

If Kate was back tracking about her rude comments regarding Jon, then how come later on Inside Edition she said that Jon basically financially covers the kids lunches.

What a raving lunatic Kate Gosselin is! Someone please, please give Kate Gosselin a reality check. H-E-L-L-O, Kate Gosselin is not making money from any talent she has, SHE IS SELLING HER CHILDREN TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER.

All Kate Gosselin did was give birth to 8 kids. No talent Kate, she can’t speak in an articulate manner, she has no family or friends close to her, she is a chronic liar, and she is mean and nasty to most everybody.

And if anyone would take the time to research, she does not have a typical RN degree. She never went to college for 4 years. She has a certificate, BIG difference.

Beth

Posted at 7:02 PM on September 12, 2011

Agree with everything except the RN part. If you have an RN than you have gotten an Associates DEGREE. A BSN would be from a 4 year college. It is not a cerificate. She was an L&D nurse I believe, so you need at least an RN (associates) to practice in a specialty. There is NO RN cerificate.

Jake

Posted at 12:40 AM on September 13, 2011

Beth,
That’s not 100% true. You can become an RN by completing courses in a hospital program. After reading, it seems like that is what she did. My mother did the same thing when I was a kid. No college, so no associates degree was earned. That was many years ago though, so perhaps they require an associates now, and don’t offer those programs anymore. IDK.

SoCalGal619

Posted at 5:38 PM on September 12, 2011

Every single parent that I know who has bashed their ex in public, the kid grows up resenting that parent and favoring the other one. At some point they get sick of it and see who the bad parent really is. Trust me, I was one of those kids who got sick of it. I haven’t talked to my father in almost 10 years because of the exact same thing. She better start watching what she says about Jon–regardless of his life decisions, he’s still their father and deserves respect. It’s going to backfire on her. Just because he’s not a famewhore like her, doesn’t make him a “mediocre” parent. Ugh!

victory

Posted at 5:18 PM on September 12, 2011

Kate has come along way from the early episodes of ‘Jon & Kate’, she looks great! Her inflated ego will soon deflate. This TLC program was her chance in the sun but it’s a good thing she has a nursing degree, although, I think she may think she’s too good to be a ‘lowly nurse’, now that she has had a taste of celebrity. Kate and the kids will be just fine, a reality check is just around the bend.

Zilly

Posted at 4:33 PM on September 12, 2011

Kate always say’s rude things about Jon, he doesn’t deserve it, she is no longer on TV, she needs to stay relevant, so why not bash Jon? She is a sad role model for her kids.