Kate Gosselin Slams Jon — Says He's A 'Mediocre' Parent On 'Today!'

Mon, September 12, 2011 9:10am EST by 16 Comments

Kate lashes out at her baby daddy and says she’s ready to get the kids back on television!

Kate Gosselin is holding nothing back as Kate Plus 8 comes to an end, and she’s using her trademark honesty to diss ex-husband Jon!

Kate, 36, fired back at his recent comments that reality TV was not a good place for their kids during her Sept. 12 Today interview.

“It’s a situation where Jon may be accepting of mediocre for his kids by working a regular job,” she said. “But I want the best for my kids and to give them the best opportunity.”

That said, now that the show’s ending Kate said she’s feeling very anxious about raising her family.

“There’s a combination of sadness and fear,” she said. “There’s some sadness because it’s the end of an era. The kids are questioning whats going to happen  There’s fear because this has been the start of my career and my job and how I’ve been providing for my kids for six years”

Kate wants to explore her unique opportunities by continuing a career in television — and she has no reservations about keeping the kids on the small screen!

“It would have to be the right [show], but the best opportunity would be me continuing in TV for my kids,” she said. “If the right thing came along, I’m sure you will see my kids at some point.”

Kate also revealed that the best way to see her family now is on her new website Kate Plus My Eight, which you can see in an unfinished form here.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers — are you sick of Kate or eager to see her on her new adventures?

– William Earl

More Gosselin on HollyBaby:

1. Kate Gosselin Rubs Her Amazing Abs In Ex Jon’s Face! OUCH.
  2. Kate Gosselin Tweets Pic Of Her Disastrous Laundry Room: Is Yours Like This?
  3. Does Kate Gosselin Have A Boyfriend?

ruth

Posted at 6:01 PM on September 12, 2011

Will she not ever go away. I don’t know why people keep interviewing her. Her kids will never have a life, all because she is too good to work a regular job, that won’t pay for all her expensive up keep she is used too. Keep her off tv…..!!!!!

K

Posted at 4:21 PM on September 12, 2011

I wish I could “like” all of these comments!

Lanie

Posted at 4:16 PM on September 12, 2011

Delusional and sick, sick, sick, Kate.

Sammie

Posted at 1:57 PM on September 12, 2011

Kate Gosselin is a loose cannon and will go off at any moment, especially when she isn’t getting the attention and money she so undeservedly craves. Look out Jon for the Gosselin 8!

Mari

Posted at 1:32 PM on September 12, 2011

Hollybaby, I know you and other websites use Kate Gosselin material because most of us concerned about the welfare of the Gosselin 8 check in on the sites and put realistic comments out there. But, I as a concerned individual will stop viewing the sites, because I now believe it just fuels Kate Gosselin and her ongoing publicity and exploitation of the Gosselin children.

But Jon Gosselin, if you read these comments, please go back to Custody Court and seek some sort of ruling that will establish a guardian et litem over your children. Kate Gosselin is clearly an abusive, lying, and unfit parent. She will exploit the Gosselin 8 and has twisted her mind and most likely the children minds to the point of no return.

Kate Gosselin, you need intensive mental health counseling and intensive parenting classes (you are an emotionally abusive parent). You have completely gone crazy and honestly believe you have something to offer and ignore your abusive ways.

Ashley

Posted at 1:03 PM on September 12, 2011

Well at least jon has a job! I think Kate needs to try working, indstead of using her children. Those kids have plenty. What they need is a better mom. She drives me so crazy! Things are gonna be hard when you have 8 kids but so far it seems like everything hads been handed to her. It doesn’t take a whole lot of hard work to be dramatic in front of a camera. She needs to get off her high horse and get back down to reality.

Barbara

Posted at 12:53 PM on September 12, 2011

If working at a regular job (instead of a TV show) makes someone a “mediocre” parent, then I guess there are millions of mediocre moms and dads in America (and elsewhere). What an idiot.

Maggie

Posted at 12:48 PM on September 12, 2011

It will be a cold day in hell before my mediocre fingers take me to her new website. I refuse to click and give that woman one hit on her new website.

Leslie

Posted at 12:40 PM on September 12, 2011

“Jon may be accepting of mediocre for his kids by working a regular job” Oh wow! So the majority of America is “mediocre” now, and of course none of us “mediocre” people want, “the best” for our kids? Oh, and she wants to keep working in television. I think she means she wants to keep working her kids by putting them on televison. We “mediocre” people work regular jobs so our children are allowed to be children. We have so many things mixed up according to Kate though. It’s nice that the media interviews her from time to time however, so that she can set us all straight.

Erick

Posted at 12:24 PM on September 12, 2011

GIVE IT UP SNOTTY KATE; sell your car and all the other crap you blew your money on and sell your “estate” and maybe you wouldnt be SOOOOO scared of the future. Tabliods and shows need to stop interviewing her!

The site doesnt even have the last name spelled right(at the bottom)… what a JOKE! PLEASE NO ONE GIVE HER A SHOW!

V8Slap

Posted at 12:14 PM on September 12, 2011

Mediocre Dad?! At least he’s providing some sort of stability.

Kate is fame/money hungry. Generally, when reaching for difficult goals, something else in your life has gotta give. It’s painfully clear in the episodes that Kate’s attitude with her kids needs to be brought up to “mediocre” levels and beyond.

Stop with the “Holier than Thou” attitude, roll your sleeves up and dig into the giant pile of “mediocrity” you keep turning your nose up to.

gwen

Posted at 12:11 PM on September 12, 2011

Okay a well i do believe that a mediocre lifetsyle is what i have given to my children bcause,I am not weslthy nor are trips and fancy homes the answer for the best for my children ..Kate is one greedy cow who does she think she is does she realize how many people have :NOTHING”,AND HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FAMILIES IN THE WORLD..IF they put her on tv what kind of people are we for watching her garbage ..It certainly is not for the children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mAY GOD have mercy on her as a human!!

Ty

Posted at 10:53 AM on September 12, 2011

I remember a time when she use to Thank God for the things she and her family had. She needs a wake up call. She has had the good life and she spent her money on things she really didn’t need. She needs to take a step back and go back to work as a nurse and make a living for her and her kids. Let them be kids and have fun. Its wrong that she wants their lives put out there for the whole world to see. I don’t blame any man for not wanting to date her. She is to in love with herself and money.

tia

Posted at 10:47 AM on September 12, 2011

Was sick of her years! I don’t think there is a responsible parent in the world that would willingly put their kids lives on TV, we see the horrendous results of so many child and reality stars! Why would any responsible parent want to risk their kids future! Kate wants it for Kate and no one else, the kids are her justification/excuse … she knows that she is a nobody without her multiples.

Beth

Posted at 10:38 AM on September 12, 2011

She is just awful! How can she say that working a ‘regular job’ is providing a mediocre life for children? Some of us don’t get trips payed for and have to work for everything our kids will get, it does not mean that a parent who works a regular job does not want all the best for their kids. I cannot wait till the kids ask to go live with their father because they are sick of their mother shoving them in the spotlight!

Mary Ann

Posted at 10:18 AM on September 12, 2011

What a SNOB!! She just dissed all the “mediocre” hard working moms and dads in this country!! Typical Kate. She thinks she’s better than everyone else!! This creature will never get it.