Bonnie Says: Kate Gosselin Just Insulted Every Normal Mom By Calling Them “Mediocre!”

Mon, September 12, 2011 5:38pm EDT by 54 Comments
courtesy of courtesy TLC & today (inset)

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Kate Gosselin — when you lashed out at your ex-husband Jon for being “mediocre” on the Today Show this morning Sept. 12th because he works a “normal” job, you insulted all of us regular parents who aren’t TV stars!

You made the insulting comments when you responded to Jon’s comment that “reality TV is not a career and it’s time to get back to a normal life.”

Here’s what you said to us and Matt Lauer: “It’s a situation where Jon may be accepting of mediocre for his kids and working a regular job. I want the best for my kids and the best opportunities in life… and this has provided that.”

What? You just told all of us people who aren’t TV stars and who hold “regular” jobs, that we are “mediocre!” And that we don’t want the best opportunities for our kids.

Kate — don’t you realize, who watched Kate Plus 8? It was “regular’ moms and dads. Regular families. You just insulted all of your fans!

What are you thinking? Or not thinking!

99.9999 % of “regular” families will NEVER have the opportunity to have their own reality TV show. And they still want the best opportunities for their kids. And try hard to make them by working their “regular” jobs.

I’m sure that your ex– Jon Gosselin wants what’s best for his kids. He just feels strongly that it’s better for them NOT to be on TV. He thinks that normal, “regular” life not in front of the cameras has value for the Gossellettes that more than makes up for all the fancy trips to Australia and Alaska.

Jon doesn’t think that it’s great that his children have had to work through school and summer vacations to shoot the show. And that they’ve been hounded by paparazzi photographers when they’re getting on and off their school buses. He doesn’t think those trade-offs are worth it.

You do, obviously, in fact, you told Matt Lauer that “the best opportunity for all of us would be for me to continue to work in TV as a way to provide for my family,” and that you would put the kids back on TV “if the right thing came along.”

“I’m sure you will see my kids again at some point.”

I wouldn’t be so sure, Kate. Not when you’ve insulted the very people who made you a star.

Many of your Twitter followers saw it this way too and you’ve been forced to defend yourself like this! “@forever_trust Not wut I ment.was reply2 jons comment re I should get a ‘normal’ job-wouldn’t work4me $ w8kids kudos2allhardwrking parents!”

But Kate, I heard you on the Today Show and whether you were just caught up in your ongoing vicious war of words with Jon or not, you said it was mediocre to have a regular job. Hollymoms- check out our video clip from the Today show below.

And furthermore — you’re implying in your tweets that the only way to support eight kids is to go on TV. Yet in almost every large family the parents have to support themselves  the old fashioned way – with plain old, non-glamorous “regular” jobs.

Kate — you are off your reality show — the finale is tonight, Sept. 12, and I’m afraid it is back to “regular “life for you.

The sooner that you face reality and start living in it, the better, You need to learn how to make regular life, anything but mediocre, just ike the rest of us!

— Bonnie Fuller

More Gosselin on HollyBaby:

1. Kate Gosselin Rubs Her Amazing Abs In Ex Jon’s Face! OUCH.
  2. Kate Gosselin Tweets Pic Of Her Disastrous Laundry Room: Is Yours Like This?
  3. ‘Kate Plus 8? Finale: Kate Gosselin Says ‘I Don’t Hate Jon Because The Man I Once Knew Doesn’t Exist’!

Les

Posted at 2:46 PM on October 1, 2011

Oh honey, Kate Goslin IS an insult to every mom, just by being.

kimmie

Posted at 12:46 PM on September 30, 2011

Please get this COW off my TV, Magazines. I hope never to see or hear her screachign voice again. what a cow.

Sonija

Posted at 4:01 AM on September 27, 2011

I have 8 kids. My ex-husband disappeared when my youngest was 4, and i was a stay at home mother at that time. I raised them on my own, with no nannies, help or body guards. NO ONE helped me. I never had anything for myself, but I kept my house with an $1,800 mortgage per month. I worked two or three jobs, and did it all alone. There were no weekends with Dad or summers with dad, etc., ever. I did not date, becasue I thought it was important that my children had one parent who was always there and stable. I don’t care if 6 of Kate’s kids are the same age. IT doesn’t matter, and in some ways, that would make it easier, especially since they are not babies anymore, even though she refers to them as “pre-schoolers.” Kate needs to stop whining and get a job. Her whining will not make everyone feel sorry for her, and give her a job. She has a nursing degree, and can make a fine living, especially since she has such a great head start, with a paid off home, plastic surgeries, nice vehilces, etc. Kate also, for someone who claimed on early episodes she hated shopping and didn’t care about clothing, has a wardrobe to last for many years to come. Many women raise their children alone in mediocre surroundings with mediocre jobs. I did, and none of my kids are drug addicts, alcoholics, bums. None of them every got pregnant or arrested, either. So it can be done. Her kids aren’t any better than anyone else’s kids, and don’t deserve anything better than anybody else’s kids.

Sasha

Posted at 3:41 AM on September 27, 2011

For some reason, Kate thinks that she and her children are SPECIAL and deserve different things than ordinary families. There have been many shows on TV about families of multiples, and some of them have sold their homes and really tightened up their finances to survive. None of them have received all the freebies Kate has gotten, and none of them for sure have gotten all the plastic surgery, boobs, vehicles, etc., that Kate has gotten for herself. She’s very selfish, and it’s a shame, because she is actually much more UNATTRACTIVE than she was 7 years ago when the kids were born. kate and her kids are not SPECIAL. She did nothing special. It’s not like she naturally conceived her children. The minute I heard she refused the donation of cribs from her church because they didn’t “MATCH” was the minute I began hating that woman. I’m so happy they cancelled that show. Her kids are not cute, not talented, and annoying. The show ceased being about them 2 years ago, and all it was was endless filming of her flirting and acting like a 15 year old around any men on the show. All her whining now about money is just to hope someone feels sorry for her and gives her another TV show, which I hope does not happen.

kimmie

Posted at 12:48 PM on September 30, 2011

Amen, sister!!

Rebecca Newman

Posted at 4:21 PM on September 26, 2011

I think Kate should lose the kids to Jon and be forced to pay child support to him.I am sorry but I feel she should not be a loud to put these kids in the spot light and collect 95% of the money for her to do what ever she wants.Kate is only forced by the Pennsylvania courts to put 5% of what she gets from the show in a special account for each child.I think 95% of what they get should be put into that account and she should only get 5% of it.She also has Bi-Polar and clearly needs meds,She treats everyone that works for her like crap and that is just on called for.Like yelling at Ashley over a Piece of Pizza.She clearly needs mental health help or lose her kids.

Sasha

Posted at 3:43 AM on September 27, 2011

I’m betting that now that the show is over, Kate will dump those kids off at Jon’s house so fast our heads will spin!!!! Imagine that woman complaining about being a single mom with all those nannies she has always had!!!! And can anyone tell me why she ever needed a body guard? I heard that she spends $500,000 a hear on him and all her “HELP..” Wonder if she will keep that up?

Jen

Posted at 11:11 AM on September 24, 2011

Thank God for the kids. I don’t feel bad for Kate or Jon. I feel the show is why their family is no longer together. You can not have your life on TV and think its not going to mess up your marriage. And Kate news flash you did not work hard by broadcasting your life. Working hard is when you get out there and go to work for 8 to 12 hours and then come home and take care of your kids. You getting rich off a tv show is not hard. And Jon you are a jerk for cheating on your wife. Yes she may have said somethings that got to you but thats not the way to do it. I pray these kids all turn out ok. The lord will only be able to help them later when they are old enough to understand everything that went on.

Urmom

Posted at 8:10 PM on September 23, 2011

Why would anyone be sad this crap is ending? Poor Kate will have to stop the pedicures and tanning salon and find a real job minus the free vaca’s and staged drama. She’s sucked all the money she can from her litter, time to move on skag…

Jackie

Posted at 9:39 AM on September 23, 2011

My Husband and I wud faithfully watched Kate and Jon Plus eight, they seemed like an adorable family. But Kate always found a way to ruin happy moments. Kate has changed a lot over the years everything became about money and being anal about how things were done. My question is if she had never made it on TV what would she be doing? What did she use to do for a living before the show aired? After all her comments and being rude to the own people she calls friends that would help take care of her kids. i doubt to many people will want to continue seeing her show. I think we would much rather see the kids running the show versus her. You can even tell in the kids face that they are sort of unhappy. Kate stop being lazy and saying your a normal mom because you really arent,a normal mom doesnt treat her kids like they are robots. Your looking for the easy way which is being on TV. Thanks to people like us who watched the show you have that kind of money. The show is about the kids and seeing them grow, not about you!

Tina

Posted at 2:20 PM on September 22, 2011

My Aunt had 8 kids, she had her first kid at 16 and no she wasnt on a reality tv show. she was a stay at home mom when the dad worked on cars. so obvisuoly you dont need to be on reality tv to take care of 8 kids. they did it and they were fine. the kids were still takeing care of. I lost all respect for her. I have a 2 year old son and im trying to get through college. im never gonna be on tv or anything but you can bet that i will give him the best life and upbrining i can.

Kate Gosslin sucks and i hope she never gets another tv interview or any kind of show on tv. I will not watch her anymore.

She will have to realize that she is just gonna have to go back to nursing.

James VC

Posted at 6:54 PM on September 21, 2011

Frankly, I’m glad I don’t have her job!

DC

Posted at 6:17 PM on September 21, 2011

i really dont believe anyone on here defending her is serious, they are just those kind of people who want to dissagree, just for the sake of dissagreeing, because there is no way a thoughful, semi-intelligent, self respecting person could defend this horrible, worthless, greedy attention whore, she is laughing at you, thru her fake-ass smile, she just wants money, wich is not wrong, but the direction she is taking to get it is. understand that people, and i also guarantee that at least have of these poor kids will be in therapy, and ill-adjusted to function in “mediocre” society.

I can't

Posted at 10:43 PM on September 18, 2011

A single mom is a mom that is not married. Kate is by definition a single mom. Just thought I should point that out there for the idiots reading this blog.