Diane Kruger: I Want Kids But I'm NEVER Getting Married Again! What About Joshua Jackson?

Fri, September 9, 2011 12:19pm EDT by 6 Comments

The gorgeous German actress admits that although she can’t wait to be a mommy, she is ‘over marriage’ and thinks it’s unnecessary. Do you agree?

Diane Kruger, who just celebrated her fifth anniversary with her beau, Fringe star Joshua Jackson, is ready to start making babies! But one thing she’s not ready to do is tie the knot again.

Diane, 35, was married to French actor and director Guillaume Canet, who just welcomed a baby son Marcel with French actress Marion Cotillard. The pair divorced in 2006, the same year Diane met and fell for former Dawson’s Creek star Joshua.

“I’m over marriage. No marriage for me,” the Inglorious Bastards star tells InStyle magazine. “But I definitely want to have kids. I have three goddaughters – I’m not sure why they trust me, because I have no experience with children – but I try. One of my goddaughters is in London and Josh and I love London. When we go, I take her to the park, the zoo and [the toy shop] Hamleys.”

As for what Joshua, 33, thinks about this whole ‘no marriage’ thing, Diane says they have an understanding at her approach to relationships works perfectly for them.

“Life is more important than work… it was just lovely being together,” Diane says of her and Joshua.

“It’s hard sustaining relationships at a distance, but if you want to be together it comes down to that,” she adds. “We have the three week rule – we have to see each other, otherwise you drift. But we also enjoy our independence. We have our own lives and have a lot to bring back into the relationship because of that. I’m very independent. I’m not sure how I’d deal with someone who wanted to be with me 24/7.”

Do you think marriage is overrated like Diane does, HollyMoms? Share your thoughts!

–Leigh Blickley

Get More HollyBaby:

1. Suri, Coco, Violet & More — The Tutu Trend Takes Over Hollywood!
  2. Knox Jolie-Pitt Wears A Ladybug Costume! OMG!
  3. Honor Warren & Knox Jolie-Pitt Dress-Up For Daytime! New Hit Trend In Hollywood?

Scottie

Posted at 7:40 PM on March 30, 2013

I had no idea the father of Marion’s baby is Diane’s ex-husband! What a small world!
She has a very healthy attitude, she seems like a smart, down-to-earth woman. She and Joshua make a gorgeous couple, their babies sure will be cute aswell

Peter Bishop

Posted at 4:47 PM on January 14, 2012

Sounds like someone who isn’t in love the person she’s with. If she did, she would want to get married. The only reason not to is because she’s expects it to end sometime in the future. Hopefully they don’t have kids.

Diana

Posted at 9:45 AM on September 10, 2011

I am a 30 years old single ballet teacher,love playing table tennis and reading books now I am seeking a nice man who can give me true love,so I got a username nanafoler432 on—Meetrich.C óM——-it’s the most effective site in the world to connect with, date and marry successful, beautiful people.Meanwhile,it’s worthy a try.The best part is that it’s completely free, unlike all the other paid dating sites.You do not have to be rich or famous!

natalie

Posted at 2:30 PM on September 9, 2011

It saddens me that so many people answered that marriage is overrated. It’s not. And for you CHristians out there, I hope you answered the correct way. God wants you to get married before sex. Again,I said I hope the CHRISTIANS answered that way. Not pushing my religion on anyone else. It’s a shame so many people think it’s appropriate to let so many men/women see your naked body…and all these people having kids with different baby mamas and daddies. Very sad indeed. No morals.

samba

Posted at 1:06 PM on September 9, 2011

i love Diane Kruger so much and how i link her ? if she happen to come into my life and i believe that the search for real love has ended.
please , i want to have her direct link to communicate with her .
Mr.Samba George

Marriage isn't for everyone

Posted at 12:54 PM on September 9, 2011

Marriage isn’t for everyone it’s your own personal choice it seems like most of these celebs have kids with their partners, then the kids get older and realize “Mommy why isn’t your last name the same as mine and daddy”. Then voila, they get married.