'One Tree Hill' Star Shantel VanSanten Excited For Chad Michael Murray's Return: 'It'll Be Cool!'

Thu, September 8, 2011 11:43am EDT by 16 Comments

Plus, Shantel confirms Hilarie Burton probably won’t be joining him. Are you bummed?

One Tree Hill fans, Shantel VanSanten is just as excited as we are for the show’s upcoming final season, which she promises will have “lots of mystery and lots of drama.” HollywoodLife.com caught up with Ms. Quinn James at the BCBG Spring 2012 show Sept. 8 during New York Fashion Week for the scoop on season nine!

Ready? OK, here’s everything Shantel told us:

On Chad Michael Murray and Hilarie Burton:

“[Chad] comes back for an episode, and I actually get to work with him. I think it’ll be cool because then I’ll get to say I’ve worked with almost everybody, with Tyler [Hilton] coming back and a bunch of other people. Except Hilarie [Burton], I don’t think Hilarie will be coming back.”

On what fans can expect from season nine:

“A lot of mystery and a lot of drama! But I hope [it ends happily.] That’s obviously an ultimate dream of mine, but you never know with Mark [Schwahn]. I think everybody has a lot of drama and a lot of stuff going on in their lives. I’m so involved in everybody’s story lines, not like in other years. … It’s been interesting.”

On the secrecy surrounding the season’s biggest story lines:

“They’re not telling us anything this year. I find things out episode by episode when I get the script, which is really cool because it’s like a mystery novel. It makes me anticipate the scripts even more. I feel like Mark’s giving it everything and the fans are not going to be disappointed.”

On the set’s vibe, while filming the final season:

“It’s like coming back after Christmas break senior year. Everybody’s happy and excited, and just grateful to be finishing it off like this.”

On Brooke and Julian’s twins:

“They’re so cute! There are so many kids on set. We’re all going to be awesome parents after this season, because we all have to work with babies.”

— Reporting by Katrina Mitzeliotis, written by Andy Swift

Get more from our BFFs at Glamour.com here!

1. 10 Runway Hair Ideas That Anyone Can Pull Off
  2. Fall Fashion: the DOs and DON’Ts of Transitioning Your Wardrobe From Summer to Fall
  3. 15 Things Men Don’t Want You to Know About Them
  4. 40 Fab Fall Boots for Under $200

Tablet Pcs

Posted at 1:33 PM on June 6, 2013

Hello, I desire to subscribe for this blog to get hottest updates, thus where
can i do it please help.

Poetry

Posted at 2:25 AM on May 2, 2012

You realize thus considerably in terms of this topic, made me for my part believe it from numerous numerous angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be fascinated unless it is something to do with Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs nice. Always maintain it up!

Bibi

Posted at 6:36 PM on April 8, 2012

I think its going to rock and a lot of unexpected stuff will be happening and peyton not coming back was not what i expected cos she was kind of my best character but still it will be superb

bosch coffee maker

Posted at 7:30 AM on April 7, 2012

I’ve been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog posts in this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this site. Studying this info So i am happy to convey that I’ve a very just right uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I such a lot undoubtedly will make certain to don?t disregard this web site and provides it a look regularly.

katt

Posted at 2:34 AM on March 1, 2012

That suck because I think Peyton was the best character ever I think she should come back to the show. Just cause Chad Michell Murray wanted more money for the part doesen’t mean she has to leave to that’s so stupid.The only reason he came back the ninth season is because he got paid more money cause the show final could afford it this time. I’m just proving my point.

Nikki

Posted at 11:22 AM on February 1, 2012

Its just not the same without her and Lucas! I wish they would bring her back too…I think the whole original cast should be there for the finale! I’m glad Lucas is coming back but it should be for more than just one episode considering the show was started based on him! I love One Tree Hill but I hate that this is gonna be how it ends! :(

nat

Posted at 3:13 PM on January 9, 2012

well that sucks if chad is only in it for one episoid. At the end of the day OTH started with chad and i think it should end with him!!

Anais Herrera

Posted at 10:12 PM on January 3, 2012

It would be ssssoooooo great if Hilarie Burton came back with Chad Michael Murray because they are THE couple! To see them back together would be great because the show would be complete. (: all I have to say is I hope she comes back too because it would be he best!!
LOVE ONE TREE HILL<3

girly18

Posted at 12:23 PM on November 21, 2011

i want jake to come back to one tree hill

Midesmiles

Posted at 9:42 AM on September 14, 2011

D show wnt b interestin witout peyton,we want both lucas et peyton nt lucas alone.plssss do ur bst 2bring her bk….

Hamooody

Posted at 6:10 PM on September 12, 2011

Hi, Actually I am big fan of Chad & Hilarie And last 2 seasons they were not in the episodes although i watched both seasons but i wasn’t excited about last 2 seasons coz Chad & Hilarie wasn’t in the episodes so all the fans of them wants them back in the final season if they will be back in the final 9th season it will be excited to watch… Thank You!!!!!

Oth

Posted at 3:53 PM on September 8, 2011

The series is just not the same without Hilarie and Chad. I wish Chad would have returned for more than one episode. I will just watch that one episode with Chad. Because i still think he and also the mother-son relationship with Karen made the series so special. After all this years it would have been nice to see how the characters like Lucas and Peyton have developed. Rather than characters like Quinn, Chase, Alex or Sophia’s mother…yawwwwwwwwn!! Just my opinion.

claire

Posted at 4:06 PM on September 9, 2011

its that hilarie wont be back i wanted both of them back, its not leyton without peyton, are you listening mark, i mean what was the point of doing a petition to bring back lucas and peyton if you were only going to ask chad back. it just think all of the directors and producers and also the cw new boss lied about talking woth both of them aswell. far god sack mark you could of asked them both back, i mean us fans wanted it to end how it began and that was with the original core 5. so get ya arse into gear and ask her before its too late. please hil come back, also if nathan does die then we need her there for the funeral i mean she is part of the scott family now. i rather have hil back then dan and debs. sorry dan and debs fans but its true :(

Krystal

Posted at 10:47 AM on September 11, 2011

Or maybe Hilarie just doesn’t want to come back? Maybe she’s moved on and just isn’t bothered about coming back to a show that wrote her out because Chad wanted to leave? She obviously doesn’t want to come back and people need to get over it.

Sid

Posted at 12:42 PM on September 8, 2011

Sucks that Hilarie won’t be coming back. She’s such an amazing actress.

angelina

Posted at 6:42 PM on September 20, 2011

I wish they would bring both back!!! Hillarie and Chad it is not the same without them and besides if Mark wants to really please and make the fans (us) happy then he would bring them both back and go out with a bang!!!!