'The Vampire Diaries' Was Snubbed By The Scream Awards Again! Not One Nomination!

Wed, September 7, 2011 4:21pm EST by 12 Comments

‘The Vampire Diaries’ has been overlooked for the second year in a row! What gives?

I know they’re not exactly the Emmys — or even the Teen Choice Awards — but Spike TV’s annual Scream Awards are supposed to represent the best TV shows and movies in the fantasy, horror and sci-fi genres. Yet as I peruse the list of this year’s nominees, one pretty glaring exclusion comes to mind: The Vampire Diaries!

Up for this year’s “Best TV Show” honor are Dr. Who, Fringe, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and True Blood, which took home the award last year. And while I’m not knocking the quality of the competition — I especially loves me some Peter Dinklage – I can’t help but feel that one of those shows could be bumped out of the running for The Vampire Diaries, which only got better in its second season.

My initial thought was that the Scream Awards are simply trying to pander to a more “adult” audience, so they’re purposely overlooking what’s largely considered to be a teen drama — but that distinction didn’t keep Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder from presenting at last year’s ceremony.

But what do you guys think? Are the Scream Awards understandably dismissing The Vampire Diaries as a teen drama, or was this a massive oversight that needs to be corrected? Drop a comment and/or cast your vote below!

— Andy Swift

Click here to follow Andy on Twitter

beats by dre studio ferrari

Posted at 8:31 AM on May 17, 2012

This type of headphone is designed for outdoor use due to its wide range. The ranges of headphones that make use of infrared technology are shorter and tend to be less likely to experience interference due to operation of other gadgets. However, infrared headphones may well not work outdoor as infrared light with the sun can disrupt the signal that will cause noise. Bluetooth is an option only if you are likely to stay 30 feet faraway from the transmitter. It is also important to uncover the type of transmitter that will be suitable for your headphone. This is due to many cell phones and Bluetooth devices use a proprietary connection mechanism.

www.freepinterestinvitecode.com

Posted at 12:49 AM on May 16, 2012

Great work! That is the kind of info that are supposed to be shared across the internet. Disgrace on Google for no longer positioning this post higher! Come on over and discuss with my site . Thank you =)

Truthfully

Posted at 5:44 PM on October 19, 2011

VAMPIRE DIARIES is for ALL ages. It should NEVER have been overlooked. It should win cause it goes to the top for scary and edge of seat drama on tv. A lot of us are very upset they were not included. The cast, the plots, the action and horror is fantastic.

Nothing else comes close.

Hanno

Posted at 12:45 AM on October 16, 2011

Come on the vampire diaries is the best tv show ever you can’t compare it with any other si/fi tv shows it’s even better than twilight and all the great cast, awesome acting and the best story … I think it deserve to be nominated for all awards and also win these awards

PG

Posted at 6:25 AM on September 8, 2011

Come on… Vampire diaries is undeniably a masterpiece! If True blood (which I desperately tried to watch, but it was horrible in my opinion, so I stopped) can receive a nomination, The vampire diaries deserves it more.

Noda Rukhadze

Posted at 6:09 AM on September 8, 2011

best show world have ever seen <3 better than other craft what was nominated!
tvd should won Golden Globe,EMMY… but where is law?

sama

Posted at 5:54 AM on September 8, 2011

it is the best show ever

Maria

Posted at 11:32 PM on September 7, 2011

I think this episode is worthy to watch.
I am a 30 years old magazine editor,smart and lonely,now I am seeking a nice man who can give me true love,so I got a username nanafoler432 on—Meetrich.C óM——-it’s the most effective site in the world to connect with, date and marry successful, beautiful people.Meanwhile,it’s worthy a try.The best part is that it’s completely free, unlike all the other paid dating sites.You do not have to be rich or famous!

Sharon A

Posted at 7:49 PM on September 7, 2011

This sucks and I can pretty much guarantee that not only teens & young people watch this show…I’m 38 and am as dedicated as a fan as they come!

LadyEpic

Posted at 6:10 PM on September 7, 2011

These awards are more adult, and it’s mostly teens and young people who watch TVD. The trio presented there last year probably just to attract younger viewers as well.

Noda Rukhadze

Posted at 6:10 AM on September 8, 2011

my friends 28-40 years olds are watching vd <3

Charlene

Posted at 4:48 PM on September 7, 2011

One of many late 20-something I know that watch this! Its my adult buffy! I would class it as a teen drama!