Selena Gomez Reveals Her Nickname & New Tattoo! Plus, Which Actor Freaks Her Out!

Wed, September 7, 2011 12:25pm EDT by 12 Comments

Selena Gomez’s latest tattoo is an ode to the nickname her bandmates call her: “Sel”

The singer revealed the temporary henna tattoo during a video interview with an Oregon radio station. Located on her right shoulder, the tattoo says “Sel” in cursive handwriting, surrounded by a series of stars. Adorable!

“I got a Henna tattoo,” Selena explains. “I got a cool one. It says my nickname. Everybody on the tour calls me ‘Sel.'”

Selena also recalled meeting actor Shia LaBeouf in June in a TV studio green room. Her staff told her a fan wanted to meet her, but didn’t divulge that it was indeed Shia! “I feel I made a fool of myself,” Selena says laughing. “It was a big deal for me. I didnt want to meet him because I said I’d make a fool of myself, and I said one day I hoped to work with him, and I don’t want him to be like I’m not going to work with her.”

But Selena subsequently met a celebrity who trumped Shia!  Says Selena: “The on who tops her is Britney Spears, I interviewed her at the VMAs.”

We love it that Selena, a star herself, gets just as starstruck as the rest of us!

sonja

Posted at 3:13 PM on December 7, 2012

Why would people want to ruin their body. They should be happy with what God gave them. I love you Selena But please stop with the tattoos.

nelenator

Posted at 1:51 PM on June 23, 2013

it’s henna, that doesn’t stay forever

Mystery person

Posted at 3:40 PM on May 14, 2012

I think u shud but out big wup she has a nickname and tattoo anyone can have that it’s not sum big miracl

bosch coffee maker

Posted at 1:14 AM on April 7, 2012

certainly like your web site but you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very troublesome to inform the reality then again I’ll certainly come back again.

Elf

Posted at 2:58 AM on September 8, 2011

OMG,My best friend–Luna ,she just has announced her wedding with a millionaire man who is a celebrity !they met via[Meetrich.c0M]——-it is the largest and best club for celebrity and their admirers to chat online.You do not have to be rich or famous. ,but you can meet your true love,It’s worthy a try!

beth

Posted at 2:14 AM on September 8, 2011

she should date that kid boo boo he is way hotter than justin–

lucky

Posted at 7:54 PM on September 7, 2011

why she right sel i think she right jb is perfect tattoo but it is pretty

tone

Posted at 7:53 PM on September 7, 2011

SEE,PEOPLE LIKE TATTOOS BUT THEY DOESNT LIKE WHEN MILEY GOT IT…PEOPLE ARE SO PATHETIC AND UNDENIAL…GOOD LUCK!!!

rachellie

Posted at 1:15 AM on September 8, 2011

well you think so? But Miley’s is a real one… Sel’s is onley an handwrting’s signs. Thats pretty anyway

smile

Posted at 5:18 PM on September 7, 2011

sel tattoo is very pretty

urgh...

Posted at 3:49 PM on September 7, 2011

I’d like better if the tattoo is like real one

Bridgit

Posted at 1:23 PM on September 7, 2011

I love the tattoo! I think it’s beautiful.