Robert Pattinson Really, Really Hates Twitter! Is He Justified?

Wed, September 7, 2011 5:40pm EST by 65 Comments

Rob has never been a huge fan of social networking and now he says if Twitter didn’t exist he’d finally be at peace! Do you think he’s being dramatic or totally justified?

Robert Pattinson recently sat down for a long interview with Premiere magazine where he shared a lot about filming Breaking Dawn and seeing Kristen Stewart look like an alien as Bella. Another revelation he made involved Twitter, the social networking site Rob has never particularly loved. He explained why he hates it so much!

“In LA I have at least 40 seconds from the moment I arrive somewhere, before I get asked for my autograph,” he said. “It’s Twitter’s fault. If this website didn’t exist, I’d be in peace.”

Rob went on to explain how he knows he’s been spotted. “When I cross a glance at someone, they hurry to get their phone out. I know perfectly well that I’m screwed and that I’m going to spend a big part of my day shaking people off. It’s frustrating.”

On the one hand, it’s a shame Rob can’t always get privacy, but on the other, that’s the price of fame. Do you think he’s justified in his anger, or should he just relax? We know how much you Twi-hards love finding out where Rob is via Twitter but now that you know why he resents the site, will you take a stand against Twitter in the name of Mr. Pattinson? Sound off below!

lulu

Posted at 7:19 PM on November 30, 2011

if it mkes him happy i wud leave him.alone but then again hes so utterly amazin.in.his film to walk past and ignore xx

leah

Posted at 5:44 PM on November 3, 2011

im not a big fan of twitter either i botheres me when i see movies with people getting hurt by twitter or facebook and i feel sorry for robert at what he has to go though

robert pattinson forever

Posted at 1:14 PM on October 6, 2011

i agree with him BUT I WILL DO THE SAME IF I WILL MEET HIM becuse he isn’t famous because of twitter .IS BECAUSE HE IS A SEX SIMBOL.HE IS OHH MY F****** GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Abby

Posted at 4:51 PM on September 8, 2011

I agree with him. He doesn’t hate his fans. He hates constantly being stalked. That’s what’s happening. The guy is being stalked. People should just let him do his phone. I’m sure he’d appreciate one person or two coming up to him rather than like 10

susieee

Posted at 4:49 PM on November 18, 2011

But everyone wants to be that ‘one person or two’

shut up rob

Posted at 3:43 PM on September 8, 2011

if i saw him i will ignore him i hate twlight and i dont like him , kristen and rob both hate there fans so much and wish they had privacy if they wanted privacy they would have not become actors !!!! they know they will have fame just go do theater if you want privacy

leah

Posted at 5:47 PM on November 3, 2011

im sorry that you hate twilight but what about Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire what do you think about Rob in that film i love him in it because when i look at him on tv i still see cedric Diggory today

Arkansas

Posted at 3:08 PM on September 8, 2011

He just needs to go with it and be gracious. Someday far, far in the future, he will be able to have his peace. Right now he is a hot item!

camila

Posted at 2:57 PM on September 8, 2011

I love rob!!!!!!!

leah

Posted at 5:49 PM on November 3, 2011

me too but you should have seen him in harry Potter and the goblet of fire

V8Slap

Posted at 2:23 PM on September 8, 2011

Good for Rob!

It has nothing to do with handling fame. In this celeb-crazed society, people have forgotten about boundaries and respect. Nobody thinks about the repercussions of the words they put out on the web. The poor man is just trying to have a little sense of normalcy. Everyone expects them to be perfect and that is not okay.

There are many examples of celebs pushed to their limits that have lost it. I wouldn’t want another great actor to be pushed beyond theirs.

sarah

Posted at 2:12 PM on September 8, 2011

Rob said during Water For Elephants that he doesn’t mind at all people coming up to him for autographs & pics, it’s taking those pics on the sly and tweeting his location while he is there that upsets him. And this could be dangerous, when he was in Texas and there were 300 people outside, how is supposed to navigate safely thru a crowd of 300 people? individuals are OK it mobs of people that is not cool.

The paps profit from the pics they take, Rob doesn’t, it’s the using him for profit that he doesn’t like.

bob

Posted at 11:11 AM on September 8, 2011

me n ma m8’s luv rob
from kait beff n soff

keepcalm1918

Posted at 10:53 AM on September 8, 2011

Some folks who replied stated that Rob Pattinson decided to become an actor, and this attention comes with the territory, get over it, etc. When Rob flew in to LA for the movie Twilight he was the last actor who auditioned with Kristen Stewart. He told his parents if ‘this doesn’t work out…he’s back to London and(he’ll) pursue his music’. However, he got the part of Edward in what was perceived to be just a little indie movie….well, we all know what happened next. Rob and most of the lead cast never had a clue about the fan base and their response to Stephanie Meyer’s books. The director of the film, Catherine Harwicke, remembers how amazed she was when she saw the huge lines of fans in line in NYC to have Stephanie Meyer sign their books….that was the beginning of “fame” for Rob. So basically, what actor can really know the type of crazed adoration one might receive for a part in a blinkin’ movie? …can the detractors just imagine for 5 minutes what it is like for a young actor to have stares, glares, strangers approach and even grab and hug them no matter where you go…the store, the post office, walking through an airport?!! Would any of us want that part of the so-called FAME? The premieres are one venue where it is expected….but interfering with your daily hum drum activities is quite another thing that no one on this planet would truly want.

Anna

Posted at 8:19 AM on September 8, 2011

Well, this is hard always being in Public, but its he’s choice,he decided to be a Famous actor, wouldn’t he? so he have to deal with all those things Twitter, Journalist, Fans … everything

Judy Sokolowski

Posted at 12:23 AM on September 8, 2011

If someone is a REAL fan, the will honor his wish to have some privacy and not rush to tweet his location immediately upon discovery! I KNOW the temptation is great, but c’mon fellow fans, doesn’t the man deserve a life? Just because he is in the public eye for his various talents, and lord knows I am a big fan of his acting, music, charm, sweetness, and all his other endearing attributes, does that give fans the right to hound his every move. Hey I want to know all about him too but would never disturb him even if I saw him in public….I may faint dead away, but would not approach him and would respect his wishes in this regard. Hell yes I agree with him….

Sabine

Posted at 11:33 PM on September 7, 2011

These individuals absolutely deserve some privacy! They do events specifically to be photographed and sign autographs etc. I do NOT think it is right that they cannot leave their homes without being bombarded with hoards of people and photographers. Just because they chose to go into acting does not merit the invasion of privacy! It’s like they are working from the time they wake til’ the time they sleep! I think some form of regulation should be established.

Boohoo

Posted at 11:15 PM on September 7, 2011

Puhlease. As Adam Brody once said…”You could be doing anything else in the world so get over it.” That wasn’t verbatim by the way but it stands… If he wants privacy he shouldn’t have decided to be an actor. What he didn’t expect this when he signed up for it? Come on now. I get that he doesn’t want everything known but you’re the one who decided to be in the spotlight buddy! Want no one to care what you do? Become an accountant.

boo

Posted at 8:24 AM on September 8, 2011

No one wants to find out where Adam Brody is, so of course he would say that.

Michele

Posted at 9:16 AM on September 8, 2011

Adam Brody doesn’t have one tenth the same kind of privacy issues someone like Rob has. Let him walk in his shoes for a day/hour and see what he has to say.
Michele

Michele

Posted at 10:32 PM on September 7, 2011

I think the whole point is that it’s basically impossible to “relax” when you know umpteen people are going to be hounding you within minutes. Would you be able to relax under those circumstances? Personally, I’d be a paranoid mess! And I would think it could get dangerous too, if there are too many. Does that mean you have to always have your bodyguard around? Not good.

I also don’t get why there has to be a price to fame, as you say. Why does there have to be strings attached to be successful in this business? It’s like, you are not allowed to make it unless you give up a part of yourself. No, it’s not right .And I don’t twitter so I don’t feel like a hypocrite saying this, either.

One thing I am pleased to see is so many others here feel the same; namely that Rob and other celebrities deserve their privacy. Maybe if enough people feel this way, he will be left alone? Ah, well, eventually I would think, once the whole Twilight thing is over. I certainly hope so. Everyone deserves to live their life in peace.

Michele

Mary Mary

Posted at 8:02 PM on September 7, 2011

You know fame is a double edged sword. You need it in the entertainment industry to make money. Once you have it you have no privacy. There seems to be not one without the other. Some people do not respect others and they think they Own this guy because they bought a ticket to a movie.

Twitter just lets regular day folks become the Papps. Scarey huh?

So all I can say is make your money then take some time off and go to a remote area and rest!

jenela

Posted at 7:20 PM on September 7, 2011

I don’t think Robert or Kristen should have to justify why or why they don’t like twitter without being attacked…Rob has been more than gracious to all his fans and goes out of his way to sign autographs, have pictures taken and talk to them. I think it’s an invasion of privacy to have every step of his life be exposed or twittered to the world about where, who or what he is doing when he is with friends…He is an actor, he is doing his job, he makes money but above it all he is human and does have a right to privacy…these paps make a fortune taking a picture and selling it for lots of money not caring at all that they are truly invading his privacy…I say respect the guy and give him a break.

fanone

Posted at 8:50 PM on September 7, 2011

Totally agree!

jen

Posted at 7:15 PM on September 7, 2011

no matter how a magazine twist and turn Rob’s interview he always manages to correct it not in words, but in deeds. He appreciates his fans very much and we have seen that from time to time, again and again. Who among the celebs, except Robert Pattinson can sign autograph at 5 in the morning just after working every damn minute of that day??!! No one, right? Even arguing with his bodyguard just ease some of his fans’ discomforts… Well, we can see some celebs rant on tweeter on how much they love their fans, but they never show that in deeds, instead they come late during their movie premiers or ditch the red carpet to avoid being hussled by fans.

Robert is very well aware of who are his real fans are and he’s very grateful for what their efforts have afforded him. He even tolerates the Ebayers who extract healthy profits from his pictures and autographs…BUT what he can’t tolerate are the papps who dogs him around and toss about every insult in this world just to get a reaction.. Who wants a life like that?? He’s like an animal being hunted..

By the way in that interview, I was surprise why Robert Pattinson did not specifically included Hollywood life as one of his Waterloo in this world..

Patricia

Posted at 7:11 PM on September 7, 2011

Rod deserves to have some privacy in is life. He should beable to go out without soneone tweeting where he is, how would you feel if paps amd fans knew where you were every hour ofc the day. He has a right to go out and have dinner without everyone knowing where he is. Give Rob a break and let him have some quiet time with those he love.

dumas1000

Posted at 7:01 PM on September 7, 2011

Twitter can best be decribed using this analogy. Guns don’t kill people. Idiots with guns kill people.

Sunnye

Posted at 6:59 PM on September 7, 2011

Relax and enjoy it! I am sure it is not as intense as it was a couple of years ago. Doesn’t last for every.

Odile

Posted at 6:27 PM on September 7, 2011

I kind of understand that…It’s one thing to ask for an autograph, another to twitter knowing a hundred people and paps will show up.

kristen

Posted at 6:03 PM on September 7, 2011

lol wouldnt* be rich

kristen

Posted at 6:02 PM on September 7, 2011

i think he has a right to be frustrated and people should stop posting where he is at at all times…but is that really gunna stop people from taking pictures? rob needs to accept that that is part of his life now, and instead of getting mad, hating it, and getting frusterated he should made the best of it. after all if it werent for those fans he would be rich. so its nice that he takes a little time to appreciate his fans.

Tammy

Posted at 6:29 PM on September 7, 2011

I believe Rob does very much appreciate where his fame has taken him in his life., he is very grateful to his fans of all ages., I think when he says he hates or dislikes twitter it’s because they either say false things or post his location which takes away from his privacy. It’s one thing to tweet. But, don’t do it at the expense of others esp. ROB AND KRISTEN’s !!!! They deserve to have DOWN TIME! We love them. But, let them eat and shop and have normal lives. Plus, I just don’t think he really cares about what people say about him. Because you’ll always have gossip and people trying to hurt him or them. So, he feels if he stays away from it all., then he doesn’t have to deal. I don’t blame him or Kristen on bit. I have an account., but it was only to vote for them one time. I haven’t used it nor do I tweet. I don’t feel the need for that. So, I agree with ROB and Kristen on that matter. Twitter is useless. :)

v8slap

Posted at 2:35 PM on September 8, 2011

I also signed up for a Twitter account without knowing what it was all about and never used it. I don’t understand how “tweeting” your every move, or reading someone else’s is productive.

The internet is becoming a scary thing. What’s that saying? Don’t put out on the internet what you wouldn’t put on a billboard?