Kate Gosselin Reveals She Cries In Her Bed At Night! Is It Because She's Broke?

Wed, September 7, 2011 12:59pm EDT by 14 Comments

Kate says she was completely unprepared for her long-running TLC show being canceled, and new reports claim she can’t sustain her over $2.5 million a year lifestyle!

Kate Gosselin doesn’t want to deprive her children of the life they’ve grown accustomed to — even if she can’t afford it! The mom-of-eight and star of Kate Plus 8 tells People that she wasn’t “ready” when TLC pulled the rug out from under her and that although everyone thinks she’s cold-hearted, she cries in bed when no one is looking.

“When [Collin] learned of the show’s cancellation he said ‘I feel like crying but I can’t,’” Kate says. “I said, ‘Because you don’t want anyone to see your tears?’ and he said yes. So I said ‘Cry when you’re in bed and nobody’s looking. That’s what I do.”

Kate and her ex-husband Jon Gosselin rose to fame in 2005 when TLC decided to do a special on the Pennsylvania natives adjusting to live with sextuplets and twins. But after she and Jon divorced in 2009, Kate had her own spinoff Kate Plus 8, and the franchise’s final 150th episode is set to air Sept. 12.

“I’m freaking out. Big time,” Kate says. “My kids weren’t ready. Nobody was. I’ve never quit a job in my life without having something else lined up. This has been ended for me on a moment’s notice. I don’t know what’s next.”

But this once labor and delivery nurse better act fast because her children’s private school, bodyguard, and shopping spree bills are piling up!”

“Their first comment was, ‘No more fun trips?’” Kate says. “For them, no more job for Mom means no more trips, no more fun. They started asking, ‘Are we still going to be living in our house? Are we still going to be able to go to our school?’ I was not prepared for that.”

HollyBaby.com told you Kate learned of the show’s cancellation just moments before the story broke in the press and that Kate has been negotiating an offer to co-host CBS’ The Talk. But Kate, who is used to TLC paying for her family to take extravagant trips to places like Australia and Alaska can already feel her life changing drastically.

“I don’t want to take anything away that [the kids] have been given,” Kate says. “[I've saved] for a little while. People think we made gazillions of dollars, and we didn’t. After the show was canceled, I said, ‘I’ll go back to my old nursing job.’ If nothing comes up, I’ll do it. But the scary reality is, 12-hour nursing shifts every day wouldn’t let me continue to provide well for me eight kids.”

Check out Kate’s spending habits according to OK! and why she’s on the path to becoming broke:

Kate has a full staff which costs $500,000: “Kate employs two housekeepers, two nannies, an assistant, and bodyguard Steve Neild.

The mom-of-eight’s $2,000 hair: “That’s what Kate paid last year for a cut, color and Brazilian keratin treatment at Ted Gibson’s NYC salon.”

Kate’s sprawling $1.3 million estate: “Kate’s 6,000 square foot five-bedroom mansion in Wernersville, Pa., sits on 24 secluded acres.”

Kate spends $500,000 on her children’s private school: “Her kids are in private school. At 5 grand a month for each child that adds up.”

Kate’s shopping sprees that cost ???: “Kate’s fashion tab is hard to know. TLC picked up much of it — but she loves to shop!”

— Chloe Melas

More Gosselin on HollyBaby:

1. Kate Gosselin Rubs Her Amazing Abs In Ex Jon’s Face! OUCH.
  2. Kate Gosselin Tweets Pic Of Her Disastrous Laundry Room: Is Yours Like This?
  3. Does Kate Gosselin Have A Boyfriend?

not a kate fan

Posted at 2:29 PM on September 13, 2011

You need to check your math and your facts. No way does Kate pay $500,000 a year for her kids. Even using your figure of $5,000 per month per kid tuition doesn’t come close to $500,000. The fact is – tuition at their school runs from around $12,000 – $18,000 per YEAR per kid,depending upon grade level, and there is family discount. This comes from the school’s website. I highly doubt her “staff” amounts to $500,000 a year, either. In all likelihood, only lover/head of security/road manager/advisor Stevie boy is paid more than minimum wage.

hahah

Posted at 8:48 PM on September 8, 2011

The Audi was for her and her bodyguard and their weekend getaways!

steff17

Posted at 1:57 PM on September 8, 2011

PULEEEEEZE people…Kate going broke…now thats funny!The kids clothes have been donated since day one..TLC picking up the tab for kate’s wardrobe…she sells the used clothing to consignment shops for cash..banking all the salary made over the last 5 years adds up, Kate made 3 million thats 3 million dollars last year alone..now she’s worried how to make ends meet? Well Kate try selling the audi TT sports care you just bought(the one that seats 2 people, and you have 8 count em 8 kids , guess they sit on the roof..the car and Kate can be seen at inf, wonder why she has been hiding it, she tweets every day, hours on end and not even a mention till she was caught..Kates a grifter and will suck everything she can…Broke??? I think not!

Maggie

Posted at 12:37 PM on September 8, 2011

So this poor single mom is crying herself to sleep with worry, yet she needs three cars just for herself. Why does no one do an expose on all her contradictions? People magazine might have something with that cover story. Another “poor me” Kate cover. No thanks!

Kate’s only crying because as I said before, her life for the past few years has been a narcissist’s wet dream and it’s time for Kate to wake up.

She needs mental help ASAP, not more money. She’s such a clear case of money can’t buy happiness. What a miserable woman.

Audi TT

Posted at 11:15 AM on September 8, 2011

I guess Kate should have banked the extra money she made on that SUV trade-in in April instead of buying that Audi TT. Especially with her pi$$ poor driving record and speeding tickets. No wonder she cries poor. I have as much sympathy for her as she has functioning brain cells. Zero. Hey Sheep, time to start busting on Kate for that 2 seater like you did to Jon a couple years ago, you hypocrites.

Lobo

Posted at 11:10 AM on September 8, 2011

First your figures are way off on her expenses. The school does not cost that much. Her bodyguard is paid by TLC. Regardless. these ARE all luxuries. Kate gets no sympathy from me at all. To make this realty show a ‘career’ without making a boat load of money, as she claims she does not, is pretty stupid. I do not believe for a second she is broke, no one with any common sense would. I do believe TV Guide with her making 250K an episode. They are very relible with their info. She denies it all. But Kate lies and lies often. It is ALL on tape. Does she cry? Who cares? I am sure she does, since she can’t seem to hook a male. But I surely can’t see any male with any sense going near this shrew. You would have to be a fool to even consider it. No sympathy for an idiot who thinks a reality show will last forever. She sounds like a foolish failure when she cries broke. Mismanagement of the money is what it sounds like. Does she not realize this? Failure of a wife, failure of a money manager. Oh yeah, she just bought an Audi TT. She claims to “save gas’. Check out gas mileage in that car. LOL She really thinks everyone is stupid. Like she is.

victory

Posted at 10:25 AM on September 8, 2011

I agree w/Melissa, downsize. A single woman w/ 8 children does not need a million and a half dollar home, plus all the maintenance it requires. Second, Kate has always been frugal especially early on in the Jon and Kate series, I doubt that she gradually started to blow the TLC income. I would imagine she has squirreled away a small fortune over the last several years and no one is going to throw a ‘pity party’ for Kate. Third, speak to a financial planner and unload that home, ASAP. Fourth, private schools do cost $5000.00 or more x 8. As for the crying herself to sleep at night, she may have alienated every last friend she ever had, I’d cry, too.

Tina

Posted at 10:30 PM on September 7, 2011

She looks so old and tired.I want to annouce a great news here!OMG,My best friend–Elyne,she just has borned a lovely baby.Her husband is a millionaire man who is a celebrity !they met via[Meetrich.c0M]——-it is the largest and best club for celebrity and their admirers to chat online.You do not have to be rich or famous. ,but you can meet your true love,It’s worthy a try!

anonymous

Posted at 7:51 PM on September 7, 2011

get rid of the bodyguard.

Siobhan

Posted at 6:41 PM on September 7, 2011

This woman is such a liar and narcissist. She is obviously a moron if she really thought that with ratings spiraling into the toilet the show would go on and on. The way she says the kids weren’t ready is such a load of garbage. No one cares Kate. My grandparents had 11 children and my Grandfather was a RCMP officer and my Grandmother was a homemaker who went back to teaching when her youngest went to school The children all have post secondary educations and had great childhoods. Mind you, they weren’t trying to maintain a mansion on 24 acres, had no nannies and had to make the harsh sacrifice of staying local for haircuts, but somehow they still survived. Kate has brought every bit of negativity she receives upon herself, Not that she would ever take personal responsibility for any of it.

Welcome to karma

Posted at 6:08 PM on September 7, 2011

Dear Kate,
Waaah!
Too bad, so sad, buh-bye!

chris

Posted at 5:42 PM on September 7, 2011

lets create a show that doesnt include Kate and put all the profits into a trustfund and the kids can have it when they turn 18! I would tune in for that.

Sueb

Posted at 3:14 PM on September 7, 2011

I am not a fan of Kate Gosselin and am happy her show was cancelled but c’mon let’s get your facts straight. Do you really believe she pays $5,000 a month per child for private school?!!?

Melissa

Posted at 2:53 PM on September 7, 2011

Downsizing is what most Americans are doing in the resession the country is in. People all around Kate have lost their jobs, and they are not trying to keep the “lifestyle they are accustomed to, as in mansions, staff, etc.”, they are just trying to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads! Sure the children will have to adjust. However, as long as Kate and Jon co-parent well during this transition, and make sure the children feel loved and secure, the kids will come through this just fine. Life is about so much more than things Kate. Your kids are young and will learn this. When will you?