'Kate Plus 8' Recap: Kate's RV Breaks Down, Her Babysitter Quits & Her Best Friend Jamie Calls Her A B*tch!

Mon, September 5, 2011 11:45pm EDT by 19 Comments

Kate’s RV isn’t the only thing that has a breakdown — Kate fights with her best friend, babysitter, kids, Steve AND strangers!

Kate Gosselin has finally said one thing I agree with: “Everyone eventually leaves me.” Well gee, I wonder why! The September 5 episode of Kate Plus 8 was absoutely shocking. Kate is a dramatic, selfish, stubborn and mean woman, good luck finding a man to put up with that!

The family is still on their cross-country RV road trip. But what was supposed to be a fun trip filled with adventures is turning into a hostile environment hosted by the mom-of-eight.

Unfortunately both RV’s keep breaking down, but Kate’s best friend Jamie and babysitter Ashley are handling it as best they can. They are taking orders from Kate left and right. But when one of the RV’s breaks down on the way to the Grand Canyon and they are forced to scrap their dinner plans, Kate has a freakout.

Kate’s bodyguard Steve Neild suggests they all eat pizza, instead of spending hours putting together grills and marinating chicken for the hungry eight. Kate starts screaming and says she doesn’t eat pizza. Then she starts complaining that she’s never been in flip flops, on gravel, next to an RV ordering takeout. What does that even mean?!

Kate begins to scream at Steve and then has him come into her RV for a private conversation. Steve comes out saying that he won’t be going on another Gosselin vacation anytime soon.

The next day the AC breaks down on one of the RVs. Kate and the kids are on what Ashley and Jamie have coined the “boring bus.” Kate is not amused by that at all. But when Kate goes over to the “party bus” to get pizza for Steve, she freaks out when Mady hands it to Steve without a plate.

Kate starts screaming at Ashley, her babysitter of five years. Ashley screams right back and says that after the trip she’s quitting her job. Kate says that’s fine.

But after Ashley talks with Jamie and realizes that Kate has dumped on her for years, she tells the TLC crew that she wants to go home. Ashley begins to cry and tells the inconsolable Gosselettes goodbye.

Instead of Kate trying to get Ashley to stay, she blames Ashley. Kate says that everyone always leaves her and that she’s used to it. Kate also added that she’s used to people coming and going and that she just has to keep marching forward. Cold.

The ultimate diva moment is earlier in the episode when Kate and the kids go white water rafting. But Kate refuses to sit on anything that’s wet in the raft and beings screaming at the instructor to stay away from anything that will splash her — Is she serious?! Everyone is shocked by Kate’s strange and spoiled behavior. Kate thinks it’s normal and proclaims she’s a professional sun worshipper. Let’s check back with Kate in 10 years and see just how leathery her skin will be … trust me. She’s admitted she uses tanning beds, gross.

The episode ends with everyone angry at Kate. The only person not angry at Kate, is Kate. This episode reaffirms everything you’ve ever heard about Kate. It’s no wonder her show was cancelled beacuse this isn’t even fun to watch.

Tune in next week for the final episode!

— Chloe Melas

More Kate on HollyBaby:

1. Kate Gosselin Rubs Her Amazing Abs In Ex Jon’s Face! OUCH.
  2. Kate Gosselin Tweets Pic Of Her Disastrous Laundry Room: Is Yours Like This?
  3. Does Kate Gosselin Have A Boyfriend?

Fatima

Posted at 7:24 PM on December 29, 2012

I feel like crying your both should off not fighting you two get over it and be friends y don’t u do that Kate it is only a pizza

Personal Training Courses

Posted at 2:50 AM on May 21, 2012

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all of us you actually understand what you are speaking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also visit my web site =). We can have a link exchange agreement among us

norm

Posted at 5:21 AM on May 5, 2012

No wonder jon left herrrrrr….

Kelly

Posted at 5:12 PM on September 13, 2011

I loved the old Kate and still do but i think she needs a realty check

per

Posted at 10:06 AM on September 9, 2011

well the end is near of her 15 min in the spootlight.soon we will see her near a airport like daniella staub making money

Jolene

Posted at 11:58 PM on September 8, 2011

This is one ungrateful witch! I can not believe an adult would act like that in private, let alone in public. Instead of enjoying a free vacation with her children, seeing new places and doing fun things, she spends her time whining about everything! 99% of people would have thanked their lucky stars for a free trip like that and all Kate can do is be miserable. Good grief, I’m so happy that TLC kicked her sorry reality show to the curb.

Amy

Posted at 2:38 PM on September 7, 2011

Kate Gosselin is truly one of the most selfish people I’ve ever seen on TV. I used to like Kate in the early days of the Jon & Kate Plus 8 episodes, but ever since TLC showed us how things really are at the Gosselin household and with the drama of her divorce, the show has definitely lost the tenderness and sense of love that it had before. Its so sad to watch those poor kids go through all the unnecessary drama their mother causes.

As for the pizza and white water rafting tantrum, it’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. Of course you’re going to get wet and you’re going to get splashed, that’s why its called white water rafting! Maybe instead of whining about your bodyguard eating pizza, maybe you should be more worried about your children eating. So what if he doesn’t eat mac and cheese, have him go eat something else and stop whining.

Sorry for my little rant there…I’m glad that the show is going to be canceled. I don’t think I can stand to watch another season of a family who is being torn apart and pushed away. Good riddance, Kate Gosselin!

Misty K

Posted at 2:05 PM on September 7, 2011

I disagree this is fun to watch. Everything she wanted for her kids (not) she is losing because of greed. I do feel sorry for the kids but I am loving watching her lose it all

whosays

Posted at 12:55 AM on September 7, 2011

Well I did notice the producer and camera people were even fed up with her, they laughed when the women called Kate names and they enjoyed following Kate as she ranted and raged about how cruel Ashley was. Kate did shut up when Steve told her to stop acting so childish. She did not stop when the women said the very same thing. Seems a bit like she allowed Steve to do as he wanted and say whatever he felt and he got private convos in the RV while she ranted on camera about the others. Odd, maybe or are we seeing just a hidden lovers spat? I still think these two have something going on. How he can put up with her is beyond me, but at least he was being paid for it. Now she’s got no show, got nothing on the horizon, how will she afford him?

Julie Mahan

Posted at 6:28 PM on September 6, 2011

I watched the show from the beginning up until they were talking of divorce. Kate from the start has shown her anger and control issues all the while belittling & disrespecting Jon, the children, their families and staff. She is abusive and needs help.

D.D.

Posted at 5:02 PM on September 6, 2011

It’s a sad statement on society that there are people that admire Kate.

gratitude

Posted at 4:35 PM on September 6, 2011

I think last night really depicted the real emotional toll that this reality show has taken on the people involved…I felt sorry for the kid’s last night. Being on the show and having all the wonderful life experiences and having it end with Ashley leaving will be a memory that the probably will never forget…I hope Kate realizes that it is time to step away for the limelight and work on fixing her family and create stablity and normalacy…
I also hope Kate will let the extended family come into their lives now and allow her kids to receive the love that they deserve from the rest of their family..I never could understand why Kate would deprive them of that….
I wish them all the best…

Geena

Posted at 3:55 PM on September 6, 2011

Kate is a terrible mother, complete narcissist and a person completely and totally devoid of self awareness. She treats others like garbage, is rude, arrogant and blames everyone else for everything. People who slag Jon need to think about what she must have been like to live like in private when she acts this badly in public. He certainly behaved immaturely but seeing how she behaves makes me wonder if he didn’t have some sort of breakdown after taking years of abuse. Kate may try to stay in the spotlight but she won’t succeed because of her treatment of others. No one is going to hire her in a long term position on a talk show. She would alienate everyone with her shrewish behavior and penchant for self pity. This woman needs to see a psychiatrist pronto.

Harley4life

Posted at 2:10 PM on September 6, 2011

OMG!!!! This women sucks!! Why is everything about her????
I feel so sad for the kids,

I HATE REALITY TV

Posted at 12:30 PM on September 6, 2011

Kira K?
What you need to understand is that Kate was ALWAYS like the way you see her in these last 2 shows and the Alaska episode.
The only difference was that TLC protected her then and only showed the least offensive footage.
Kate has always been nasty, mean etc
AND shes never actually had to raise her kids by herself, Jon and all the hired help and chefs and housekeepers did it all these years and now that people are quitting in droves and shes actually had to spend extended time with the kids shes becoming more nasty.

She will lose it soon

Kira S.

Posted at 12:01 PM on September 6, 2011

I liked Kate Gosselin before the blonde hair and the fake tan when she was just a mom that was ready to handle anything that came her way. I would love to watch if we got the old Kate Gosselin back!

Kira S.

Posted at 11:35 AM on September 6, 2011

I loved Kate Gosselin before she got so stuck up. I liked it when she did not have the blonde hair and fake tan, when she was just a mom not a brat. I would love to watch the show if we got the old Kate Gosselin back!

Beth

Posted at 10:49 AM on September 6, 2011

She will eventually push away her kids and they will think the better alternative is to live with their father! I feel bad for those eight children and hope that she looks at herself and realizes how much her nit picking is affecting them. What happened to the women who used to enjoy seeing the joy her kids got out of doing something new and exciting… they need that mom back!

rachel s.

Posted at 9:37 AM on September 6, 2011

she needs to just go away for good. whatever happened to her khakis and keds?