Rihanna's Shocking, Offensive 'C*NT' Necklace Is Back! She Should Stop Being So Vulgar!

Fri, September 2, 2011 10:59am EDT by 52 Comments

RiRi took the statement necklace trend in a totally different direction — and I think it’s just gross!

Although she was dressed-down and wearing minimal makeup, Rihanna still managed to send a very strong message last night while dining in Santa Monica — and she did so without even saying a word! RiRi opted to re-wear her c-you-next-Tuesday nameplate necklace that we first saw back in March — and I still can’t begin to fathom why she would wear that word proudly around her neck. I think Rihanna seriously needs to tone it down.

The star has so much going for her: she’s talented, gorgeous, and fashion-forward — so why wear something so offensive? It’s one thing if you’re dressing up on stage in a costume, but this vulgarity is just disgusting. I think it’s way too over-the-top and very unnecessary — there’s nothing cool or tough about it.

Rihanna has been through a lot and many women look up to her after everything she went through so openly, but something like this really puts a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn’t want to see people walking around on the street with this word around their neck, and the same goes for popstars — there’s nothing respectable or classy about it.

What do you think? Am I being a bit prudish and is her necklace no big deal or do you think it’s kinda gross, too?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

Sarka

Posted at 6:57 PM on September 6, 2011

You are gross, if you didn’t stalk her, we wouldn’t even know that she has this necklace.

Beka

Posted at 8:21 AM on September 6, 2011

it’s just a word!

christina

Posted at 5:41 AM on September 6, 2011

rihanna has everything a girl could want she even had chris..
let her live a little okay…..and its just a stupid necklace no one would die for it!

alexa

Posted at 4:05 PM on September 5, 2011

OH COME ON PEOPLE…IT’S JUST A NECKLACE!!!

NO BIG DEAL!

RIHANNA IS YOUNG, BEAUTIFUL AND SEXY – WHY SHOULDN’T SHE GET A LITTLE WILD NOW AND THEN???

jessica

Posted at 8:50 PM on September 4, 2011

who cares!!!!!! lol! u know how manny ppl say words like that in this world?! alot!!

ejd

Posted at 2:18 PM on September 4, 2011

I am her biggest fan but she really needs to have some respect. I find her use of the F-word and other vulgar words most disgusting. She needs some guidance which nobody seems to be giving. Her fan base will double if she drops the vulgarity. At present parents have to restrict the exposure of their children to her.

Tubex82

Posted at 11:07 AM on September 4, 2011

She just want to shock the people and obiously she succeeded again :)

sabur

Posted at 9:20 AM on September 4, 2011

rihanna is a total ugly!!!! =P I wanna puke every time I see her pictures

breezy

Posted at 3:58 PM on September 3, 2011

please have some respect for yourselve you are a woman

jj17

Posted at 2:13 PM on September 3, 2011

Katrina Mitzeliotis is a loser! Get a life stupid c^nt!

jj17

Posted at 2:11 PM on September 3, 2011

DP is a moron!

DP

Posted at 1:32 PM on September 3, 2011

I don’t like her any way. She is no lady. Beauty is on the skin deep and it’s obvious she doesn’t have any inner beauty or self respect. She is from Barbados. She has shown disrespect and shamed to the Barbadian women.

Stephanie

Posted at 11:25 PM on September 2, 2011

Americans make such a big deal out the the word cunt, but they say WAY worse words. I called a girl a cunt and everyone freaking out. But then I head another girl call some kid the N word like it was nothing and no one said a THING. I don’t think cunt is a big deal, and girls need to calm the hell down about it.

hanna

Posted at 12:14 AM on September 5, 2011

comments like this sadden me. I feel that you have little respect for yourself and I am sorry. I know that very few people like to be called any bad names not just Americans.

jai

Posted at 7:02 PM on September 2, 2011

2 each it’s own.

France952

Posted at 5:46 PM on September 2, 2011

You’re doing exactly what she wants you to do. Talking negatively about her:)

Natalie

Posted at 5:34 PM on September 2, 2011

yea it is pretty rude. but at least it isnt in HUGE letters. but at the same time…its her choice. if she wants to wear it , let her wear it. you never know her real reason for wearing it .

amanda

Posted at 4:26 PM on September 2, 2011

well if she wants to call herself a cunt….. she can go right on ahead.

bee

Posted at 4:05 PM on September 2, 2011

who cares? it was tiny, not to mention evryone can wear what they please. people get offended so easily… so really, what does it matter in the grand scheme of things? it doesnt.

bibi

Posted at 3:33 PM on September 2, 2011

hi
i’m sorry but do the word means? i’m french and i’m trying my best to understand and no dictionnary could give its definition or its translation. and i thought everyone is free to do or to espress thierself as they which? so how could a simply word be so scandalous?

Sandra

Posted at 9:04 PM on September 2, 2011

Ca veux dire genre vagin ou chatte

Lex

Posted at 3:12 PM on September 2, 2011

You guys are so dumb. I dont really agree with her necklace, but she’s a grown woman and she can wear whatever she wants. Rihanna has a lot of money, and could care less what you think of her. So you might as well live your life and let her live hers.

Misae Richwoods

Posted at 1:43 PM on September 2, 2011

The issue here is with the double meaning of the word. I actually object to that word being used to describe both the female anatomy AND a really obnoxious person. I think it should just mean the latter.

nicola

Posted at 12:52 PM on September 2, 2011

it’s an necklace , get over it.

Ty

Posted at 12:46 PM on September 2, 2011

What is the problem with her!!!! she try to look vulgar, ugly and trashy…

stephenie Genao

Posted at 1:14 PM on September 2, 2011

you ppl need some serious help…talking about something irrelevant in ur life ugh!

jj

Posted at 11:42 AM on September 2, 2011

Maybe she’s advertising her availability and what she’s selling.

Amanda

Posted at 9:23 PM on September 3, 2011

LOL! Man… What a word to choose for a necklace….

laura

Posted at 11:14 AM on September 2, 2011

Talented OHH PLEASE what talent she has just selling her image & playing the victim smh hope she goes away sooner than later

nothie

Posted at 2:10 PM on September 3, 2011

hater go die whether u lyk her or not u gotta admit she is very talented @8 all she has sold over 20 million copies if its not talent wat do u call that

hanna

Posted at 12:23 AM on September 5, 2011

proper grammar is not your thing I can see that. I understand that you are defending her and I respect that you care so much. I do not care to die over this thank you. she is talented and has sold a lot of records. I do not care for her dress or her music. please remember that you are talking to real people not just words on a screen please be respectful. thank you and have a great day.

anonymous

Posted at 1:48 PM on September 7, 2011

I’m not surprise at the level of vulgarity displaced by this woman because she wears the word around her neck that discribes exactly who she is. She lacks respect for herself and others and it’s reflected in her behavior. I don’t expect her story to have a happy ending.