Jada Pinkett Smith And Marc Anthony's Show HawthoRNe Canceled! Is It Because Of Affair Rumors?

Fri, September 2, 2011 1:26pm EDT by 48 Comments

TNT pulls the plug on Jada Pinkett Smith’s show HawthoRNne after three seasons — but did it have to do with the bad press surrounding a rumored Jada and Marc affair?

Our sister site Deadline reports that TNT has decided to cancel HawthoRNe after its third season. But why now? Is it because of the rumors swirling around about costars Jada Pinkett Smith and Marc Anthony having an affair?Likely not. There has been buzz for weeks that TNT would pull the plug on their medical series, but it’s awkward timing with all of the gossip about Jada and Marc.

Their statement reads:

TNT has decided not to order a fourth season of HawthoRNe. TNT truly appreciates the tremendous dedication of everyone involved in HawthoRNe. The series gave TNT the opportunity to work with many outstanding people, including Jada Pinkett Smith and the rest of the show’s talented cast, crew, producers and writers. We wish everyone involved with HawthoRNe nothing but the best.

The show, which centers around Jada, recently made Marc a series regular just last March. In his interview last night, Marc Anthony vehemently denied rumors he cheated on now-estranged wife Jennifer Lopez, and specifically called the gossip about Jada “laughable.”

Do you think HawthoRNe was canceled because of Marc and Jada or is it just because of poor ratings? Sound off below!

Robin McGuire

Posted at 2:01 AM on September 29, 2012

I love HawthoRNe, and you really need to make a 4th series – They always take the real good shows off the air and have crappy shows on. You left us hanging, was Jada going to get back with Tom? We love them, Please, please bring it back!

chyenne

Posted at 8:21 PM on September 20, 2012

Plz come back with Hawthorne s4

Penny Poole

Posted at 1:26 PM on June 29, 2012

I think that the cancelation may have been due to low ratings,because what Jada does in her personal life has notheing to do with her professional life

annmarie

Posted at 5:12 PM on June 19, 2012

Hello! I’m really upset that all the great shows keep getting taken off the air to put junk on instead. I’m just wish that they would bring it back…I want to know what happends next. Jada loves her husband will..come on people. Please bring it back..Thanks Jada, I’ve been watching you from the beinging Mack to. come back!!!

Adlin

Posted at 11:31 PM on June 14, 2012

I am once again disappointed by another worthy series being cancelled. Hawthorne was a nice summer series to look forward to on lazy nights. I wonder who exactly makes these decisions? It was a popular series so I imagine the money was right. That is after all the ultimate goal of the entities that put out these programs. Hmmmm????

Madeline

Posted at 9:37 PM on June 13, 2012

I can not believe they canceled Hawthorne, what is wrong with TNT first they canceled dark blue and now hawthorn, man I am so mad. Two freeking good programs.

Brittany

Posted at 10:53 PM on June 5, 2012

Why would tnt cancel the best medical show out on air. I lov this show and it is the only show I really look forward to seeing this year. So what there is rumors about jada and marc. This show cannot be cancel and left the way the last final show ended. Jada we love you do another season

Michelle

Posted at 7:09 AM on June 2, 2012

I just heard that Hawthorne was cancelled. I think it was very messed up, how are you going to cancel a show that I thought was a great series. Everyone I knew watched it an enjoyed it. So surely it can’t be because of the ratings! It could have at least went for another season so we knew what happened to the Character Marc Anthony played. The way the show was ended, it was like there was going to be another season. It left us with so many questions. An I always thought that when a show ended we were at least told ahead of time that this is the series finale. But we weren’t even given that, here I h ave waited all winter long for the new season to begin an now TNT wants to cancel the show! Whoever made that decision needs to be fired an someone else get ahold of Jada an tell her there has been a huge mistake please come back an do another season!

Kim

Posted at 9:48 PM on August 16, 2012

Yeah! I’ve been waiting to see what happened to Nick and who had him shot. That was foul. It seems that good show get cancelled and crappy ones reign. Maybe if the powers that be read that people want it back, they will pick it back up. If there’s enough of us than want it back.

I can watch reruns of a lot of shows, but I don’t want to watch reruns of Hawthorne. I want the season 3 cliffhanger to resolve!!! Now!!! LOL!

Cathie

Posted at 4:47 PM on May 27, 2012

everytime a good show hits the air, it is canceled for some stupid reason…..which idiot decided to cancel Hawthorne? I am sure you will replace it with some stupid show…..who decides what shows stay and what ones go even when they have a great following? Whoever it is needs to be fired and stop taking good shows off the air.

Darla

Posted at 11:15 PM on May 23, 2012

Why would TNT cancel a show that they claimed was the number one show on TNT?, this doesn’t sound like poor ratings to me. Hawthorne was cut down at the height of the show. Heck I wanted to find out what happened. Anyhow, if anyone would have seen the “Red Carpet Interview with Willow interview her mother, Jada and grandmother, one would suspect it was a family issue with Jada being gone three months out of year and having to undergo long hours. I think Jada made the decision to cancel to spend more family time with her children.

benefits of black currant oil

Posted at 4:26 AM on April 27, 2012

Amazing things here. I am very happy to look your article. Thanks so much and I’m taking a look ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?

Karl

Posted at 10:42 PM on March 17, 2012

u got to be kidding me hawthorne is a very good show im sick

Jay

Posted at 10:55 PM on January 21, 2012

Thank God! Started well! Then stupid with a lot of over acting.

nieshiea

Posted at 7:04 PM on January 20, 2012

to me it is stupid that tnt cancelled the funnest show hathorne it was such a wounderful show i dont get it why it have to be hawthorne can tnt cancelled another show not this one now i miss hawthorne ask tbs if they will pick youll up piease they let taylor perry show on so they will take youll so that hawthorne can stay on piease ill be so sad if hawthorne dont never come on:((((((!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hallyloo

Posted at 9:42 PM on October 11, 2011

I can’t believe Hawthorne has been canceled by TNT. Please let another station pick it up. This was one of the hottest series on. I watched it faithfully. No more TNT for me. Frankly, I wanted Christina’s marriage with Tom to eventually work out. I begging some network to step up to the plate and pick up Hawthorne.

meg

Posted at 1:51 PM on September 8, 2011

Ridiculous storyline. Bad ratings. Affair…come on MA is gay for crying out loud.

Edwin Torres

Posted at 3:52 PM on September 4, 2011

Listen this is all about race simple stop denying it. They just didn’t want to show a relantion ship between a puerto rican man and a black woman.Yet it’s ok to always have a white man as the love interest as in every show or movie. Think about it when the leading lady is black or latin the great majority of the time Mr. Romatic is always white. Mark and Jadda just too much you know against the grain of the hollywood norm. Funny thing blacks and puerto ricans hain incommon there for more believable to the minority world. And oh yea you just lost an entire demographic of viewer ratings the latin world! Idiots!!!!!

kami

Posted at 10:41 AM on September 3, 2011

OMG,My best friend–Cathy ,she just has announced her wedding with a millionaire man who is a celebrity !they met via[Meetrich.c0M]——-it is the largest and best club for celebrity and their admirers to chat online.You do not have to be rich or famous. ,but you can meet your true love,It’s worthy a try!

Katrina

Posted at 9:34 PM on September 2, 2011

Marc and the Smiths have been friends with the Cruises for over 10 years.
They are all Involved with scientology . Why would friends yes Jlo too.
Have an affair! Really now seeing all the sexy lovers that Jada has had on the show I doubt it would be Marc.Ewwww like ring with your sister!

Brenda R.

Posted at 8:27 PM on September 2, 2011

This is awful. Hawthorne can’t be cancelled. I love this show. It was sooooooooooooooooo good. This is crazy they always take off the good television shows and leave crap on season after season.

Broadway J.

Posted at 4:26 PM on September 2, 2011

I think it should be an even swap; two short people and two tall people! I don’t see how Jenny for the block ended up with a 36 Short anyway! I think Will would get a kick out of some JLow; I know I would!!!

Beth

Posted at 4:19 PM on September 2, 2011

Networks don’t cancel shows over rumors. They cancal if they aren’t making money, meaning low ratings.

lilmssunshine_761

Posted at 3:50 PM on September 2, 2011

I am not sorry to see this show go. The first season was good and the last two have terrible since they moved away from the hospital drama and filled it with a whole lot of crap.

Ms Lady New Orleans

Posted at 1:56 PM on September 2, 2011

I am sorry the show is cancelled. It’s a good damn show! This is ridiculous! Write Marc as out of the show and keep this train a moving! It’s good tv in the land of fake reality shows, I’ll miss Hawthorne!

Noo affair canceled yeas

Posted at 1:49 PM on September 2, 2011

The made up rumors of a fake affair ..by you the media is what did It.
No one needed it . Why bother with s eries ifmthe media makes up lies.
Just go to Ashton Kutcher and themHot avpctresses he is going to do
Love scenes with hot affair too! Really NO photo of an affair with Jada
And Marc anywhere Why make up a story that does not exist!

MAURICE