Jada Pinkett Smith And Marc Anthony's Show HawthoRNe Canceled! Is It Because Of Affair Rumors?

Fri, September 2, 2011 1:26pm EST by 49 Comments

TNT pulls the plug on Jada Pinkett Smith’s show HawthoRNne after three seasons — but did it have to do with the bad press surrounding a rumored Jada and Marc affair?

Our sister site Deadline reports that TNT has decided to cancel HawthoRNe after its third season. But why now? Is it because of the rumors swirling around about costars Jada Pinkett Smith and Marc Anthony having an affair?Likely not. There has been buzz for weeks that TNT would pull the plug on their medical series, but it’s awkward timing with all of the gossip about Jada and Marc.

Their statement reads:

TNT has decided not to order a fourth season of HawthoRNe. TNT truly appreciates the tremendous dedication of everyone involved in HawthoRNe. The series gave TNT the opportunity to work with many outstanding people, including Jada Pinkett Smith and the rest of the show’s talented cast, crew, producers and writers. We wish everyone involved with HawthoRNe nothing but the best.

The show, which centers around Jada, recently made Marc a series regular just last March. In his interview last night, Marc Anthony vehemently denied rumors he cheated on now-estranged wife Jennifer Lopez, and specifically called the gossip about Jada “laughable.”

Do you think HawthoRNe was canceled because of Marc and Jada or is it just because of poor ratings? Sound off below!

Madelene C

Posted at 12:58 PM on September 26, 2014

I am very angry to hear that Hawthorn was canceled. I just came across the show on Netflix, and spent 3 days watching episode after episode. The sacrifice was well worth going to work exhausted although my husband was not too pleased by my addiction to this show. How refreshing it is to have something good to watch again. I’m not a sit on the couch type but this show can changed that. It is amazing how these stupid reality shows continually play season after season and the one really good drama series ends. I’m pissed. Jada did a fantastic job she is a fabulous actress. I would love another season seriously just when the show had me on the edge of my seat, it’s over. Spoiler alert so I replayed the last episode over and over did anyone notice that when Jada heard the gun shot she looked out of the window, notice the sound of a cars tires speeding away and a quick flash of a white suv.. Yup Tom shot Nick .. .. I’m so upset right now at least finish season 4. But with my ending I still want tom and Christina together finally.

Bobbi

Posted at 9:35 PM on September 9, 2014

I loved watching this show on Netflix….I can’t believe it is cancelled….This was a great show….Please someone…Please pick it back up….

shanice

Posted at 3:02 AM on August 16, 2014

I love this show I was sad to not see the next season cause the last episode was really good I wanted to see what happens next I would be so excited if the show came back I watch it every time I’m on Netflix love the show hope to see the show come back shouldn’t have cancelled it due to rumors

shantell turner

Posted at 5:29 PM on July 14, 2014

I really love this series. My daughter wants to be a doctor in the OR and I currently got her watching this series as well. She absolutely love it. Please TNT bring back Hawthorne back. It give our young black girls something to believe in and see that they can do anything they set their mind to. At least bring it back through Netflix.

Judi wise

Posted at 9:09 PM on May 11, 2014

Love, love,loved this series.Could of watched it all day.Was so dissapointed to find that it was over with the shooting episode . I so wanted him to make it.And Chris and the detective have a kid.sorely miss the show..

ladybugKT

Posted at 5:03 PM on April 26, 2014

I watched HawthoRNe when it was 1st aired, faithfully each week and anticipated the next season, but it never came. I then recently watch it again on Netflix and am still upset that no network has picked it up yet. Shame on TNT, for what ever reason they dropped it. I don’t know what were the ratings, but I was and still am a fan of this show and would very much like to see it continue. Please TV One, BET or OWN pick up this show!!!!

Kelli

Posted at 6:13 PM on April 25, 2014

Nooooooo I love the show and I really don’t care about some dumb ass rumors. The show and the actors are great and that’s all they should be worried about. Very very disappointed. Bring on season 4!

Mrs.MO

Posted at 11:51 PM on April 5, 2014

Why would they cancel this show!? It was awesome! My husband and I watched all 3 seasons on Netflix anxiously looking for season 4 afterwards just to find out it has been canceled. If u ask me the ratings was probably low because it was poorly promoted. What can we do to get this show back on?

Mrs Mel

Posted at 8:36 AM on January 24, 2014

What are the chances that TV One or BET will pick up Hawthorne? Who can I contact at each of these networks in order to get the ball rolling on this?

patricia

Posted at 5:45 PM on November 19, 2013

Oh my! I am so through!!! I just finished watching all three seasons of HawthoRNe on netflix! I loved this show. I couldn’t stop watching. I am so devastated that there are no additional episodes to watch. The cast was great! Please let another network pick it up!

gerniya casimir

Posted at 7:07 PM on August 3, 2013

I watch the show I love it so much ! I just don’t get why it had to be canceled .

Elaine Sinclair

Posted at 6:57 PM on August 28, 2013

late in the day but just been watching all episodes and love it wanted Tom and Christina to be happy at some point

Mary Jo Allen

Posted at 6:55 PM on April 18, 2013

I just seen Hawthorne season 1 through 3 on Netflix. Wow!! I really enjoyed the show! Now I read its been cancelled!? How did this happen?? TNT wants to drop it. Their loss. An another network should pick this show up and run with it!!

Amanda

Posted at 8:00 PM on April 5, 2013

I love the show…I wanted to stop watching it after the affair..but continued to watch and im glad I did…wishing for some kind of rekindle with her and tom…who shot Nick..smh..its a mess for tnt to cancel the show…wishing they would reconsider…the ratings would be off the charts…love the cast….it will truly be missed….

joy mutai

Posted at 7:01 AM on March 23, 2013

boycott we boycott TNT!!!!!how???????
some other network should pick hawthoRNe up!!

madeline

Posted at 12:41 AM on March 5, 2013

How could you do your viewers like that. After the finale we will never know the outcome, their is a hidden agenda to the show being cancelled other than a rumored affair. Whether rumor was true or not to me cancelling is giving in and that is not a good decision.

Sarah

Posted at 11:04 PM on February 2, 2013

I really loved the show so sad to see it go! Plz reconsider

christy love

Posted at 1:06 AM on January 23, 2013

Man I was so dissapointed when the show cancelled. It was good, and when she cheated on her husband, It was dead, but I think they could have worked around that if thats what most fans were mad about.

Brandie

Posted at 3:04 AM on December 31, 2012

I loved the show and I really need a season 4 lol

Karisa

Posted at 9:38 PM on November 2, 2012

The affair killed the show for me.

Columbia

Posted at 1:07 AM on October 12, 2012

I hate to break it to you all, but Hawthorne was cancelled after the cliff hanger series finale aired. So it’s been off the air for over a year and a half. This happened June of 2011 not 2012. The show was great!

king

Posted at 5:50 AM on March 16, 2014

I just watched the whole three seasons on Netflix loved it now I want to see season 4,5 and 6 they need to make this happen please