Jada Pinkett Smith And Marc Anthony's Show HawthoRNe Canceled! Is It Because Of Affair Rumors?

Fri, September 2, 2011 1:26pm EDT by 42 Comments

TNT pulls the plug on Jada Pinkett Smith’s show HawthoRNne after three seasons — but did it have to do with the bad press surrounding a rumored Jada and Marc affair?

Our sister site Deadline reports that TNT has decided to cancel HawthoRNe after its third season. But why now? Is it because of the rumors swirling around about costars Jada Pinkett Smith and Marc Anthony having an affair?Likely not. There has been buzz for weeks that TNT would pull the plug on their medical series, but it’s awkward timing with all of the gossip about Jada and Marc.

Their statement reads:

TNT has decided not to order a fourth season of HawthoRNe. TNT truly appreciates the tremendous dedication of everyone involved in HawthoRNe. The series gave TNT the opportunity to work with many outstanding people, including Jada Pinkett Smith and the rest of the show’s talented cast, crew, producers and writers. We wish everyone involved with HawthoRNe nothing but the best.

The show, which centers around Jada, recently made Marc a series regular just last March. In his interview last night, Marc Anthony vehemently denied rumors he cheated on now-estranged wife Jennifer Lopez, and specifically called the gossip about Jada “laughable.”

Do you think HawthoRNe was canceled because of Marc and Jada or is it just because of poor ratings? Sound off below!

Mrs.MO

Posted at 11:51 PM on April 5, 2014

Why would they cancel this show!? It was awesome! My husband and I watched all 3 seasons on Netflix anxiously looking for season 4 afterwards just to find out it has been canceled. If u ask me the ratings was probably low because it was poorly promoted. What can we do to get this show back on?

Mrs Mel

Posted at 8:36 AM on January 24, 2014

What are the chances that TV One or BET will pick up Hawthorne? Who can I contact at each of these networks in order to get the ball rolling on this?

patricia

Posted at 5:45 PM on November 19, 2013

Oh my! I am so through!!! I just finished watching all three seasons of HawthoRNe on netflix! I loved this show. I couldn’t stop watching. I am so devastated that there are no additional episodes to watch. The cast was great! Please let another network pick it up!

gerniya casimir

Posted at 7:07 PM on August 3, 2013

I watch the show I love it so much ! I just don’t get why it had to be canceled .

Elaine Sinclair

Posted at 6:57 PM on August 28, 2013

late in the day but just been watching all episodes and love it wanted Tom and Christina to be happy at some point

Mary Jo Allen

Posted at 6:55 PM on April 18, 2013

I just seen Hawthorne season 1 through 3 on Netflix. Wow!! I really enjoyed the show! Now I read its been cancelled!? How did this happen?? TNT wants to drop it. Their loss. An another network should pick this show up and run with it!!

Amanda

Posted at 8:00 PM on April 5, 2013

I love the show…I wanted to stop watching it after the affair..but continued to watch and im glad I did…wishing for some kind of rekindle with her and tom…who shot Nick..smh..its a mess for tnt to cancel the show…wishing they would reconsider…the ratings would be off the charts…love the cast….it will truly be missed….

joy mutai

Posted at 7:01 AM on March 23, 2013

boycott we boycott TNT!!!!!how???????
some other network should pick hawthoRNe up!!

madeline

Posted at 12:41 AM on March 5, 2013

How could you do your viewers like that. After the finale we will never know the outcome, their is a hidden agenda to the show being cancelled other than a rumored affair. Whether rumor was true or not to me cancelling is giving in and that is not a good decision.

Sarah

Posted at 11:04 PM on February 2, 2013

I really loved the show so sad to see it go! Plz reconsider

christy love

Posted at 1:06 AM on January 23, 2013

Man I was so dissapointed when the show cancelled. It was good, and when she cheated on her husband, It was dead, but I think they could have worked around that if thats what most fans were mad about.

Brandie

Posted at 3:04 AM on December 31, 2012

I loved the show and I really need a season 4 lol

Karisa

Posted at 9:38 PM on November 2, 2012

The affair killed the show for me.

Columbia

Posted at 1:07 AM on October 12, 2012

I hate to break it to you all, but Hawthorne was cancelled after the cliff hanger series finale aired. So it’s been off the air for over a year and a half. This happened June of 2011 not 2012. The show was great!

king

Posted at 5:50 AM on March 16, 2014

I just watched the whole three seasons on Netflix loved it now I want to see season 4,5 and 6 they need to make this happen please