Joe Jonas Wants To Be A Movie Star And Has A Film In The Works! Do You Prefer His Music Or Acting?

Thu, September 1, 2011 6:00am EDT by 7 Comments

Hollywood heartthrob, Joe Jonas is putting music on the back burner as he gets ready to take the silver screen by storm! Are you excited?

Ever since Justin Bieber dethroned the Jonas Brothers as the king of tween hearts around the world, we’ve watched Joe, 22, Nick, 19 and Kevin, 23, move on and focus their energies on things like solo music projects, marriage and now, movies. Yup! Turns out the middle JoBro is emerging as a film aficionado and is moving forward with plans to produce and star in his first feature length movie!

While we all know Joe has expressed an interest in acting, we had no idea he was so serious! Turns out, he’s been developing his current film project since earlier this year and told E! Online that financial backing finally came through.

“I was in Mexico City last week and my manager called me and said, ‘The movie’s financed!'” Joe said. “I was, like, in tears.”

Joe has been completely open with fans and poured his heart out about past relationships into his anticipated solo album “Fast Life” (out Oct. 11), but when asked about his film he was a little more vague.

“The storyline is still bare bones, but I will say he has a specific dream that he wants to accomplish, and it’s the good and the bad he has to go through to get there,” he said. “It’s going to be an older-feeling kind of movie. It’s a little bit of everything. One of my favorite movies is The Four Feathers, and that has everything. It has funny, romantic, passionate…I want to do something like that.”

Sounds good to us! Are you excited to see Joe act or do you think he should stick to music? Sound off in the comments below!

ilovejoejonas

Posted at 8:04 PM on September 1, 2011

He can do both. Music and Acting.

Brandy

Posted at 2:54 PM on September 1, 2011

Who the eff is Joe without the Jonas Brothers? I’m sorry but I just don’t see the solo-artist “it” factor or charm in him. No longevity to be quite honest.

katta

Posted at 11:09 AM on September 1, 2011

The Two! Joe Jonas is talented. He’s a good singer and as an actor, He has so much potential

jenny

Posted at 11:00 AM on September 1, 2011

Where’s the neither button? He is mediocre at both. He’s always had his brothers to cover for him while on stage and next to him while acting. Only way it’s worked. I don’t care for his new music or seeing him in a movie he had written for him because no one else would hire him.

Jacke

Posted at 1:58 PM on September 1, 2011

poor jealous hater; Joe’s is multifaceted person that sings, dances and acts….He is so much better by himself, because he has good voice and charisma

Brandy

Posted at 2:52 PM on September 1, 2011

Lol, I so agree with you. Was looking for the neither option as well.

Charlie

Posted at 7:08 AM on September 1, 2011

I am a 35 years old computer engineer and now I am seeking a nice woman for a stable relationship,so I got a username Alexwing432 on—Meetrich.C óM——-it’s the most effective site in the world to connect with, date and marry successful, beautiful people.Meanwhile,it’s worthy a try.The best part is that it’s completely free,unlike all the other paid dating sites.You do not have to be rich or famous!